test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build Revamp: MAGIC-DARKNESS BLASTER DPS - Old School build with even newer Synergies

avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Builds and Roles
Updated Version of this build (Posted 2017 before Darkness Revamp) Along with my Warlock DPS build this is a sister theme build which got revamp on the same time!
If anything this is also a Warlock build... I mean KINDA, the character who is using it is a Sorceress

I have to say, I'm having way more fun with this theme build than my actual FF pure Darkness DPS character :grin:

and I still WISH there was a Sorcery version of Ebon Ruin >:C especially if it used the ORB Visuals from BANISH (such a waste of nice visuals) pig-30.gif

Testing this build on PTS, full Virtuous gear and Sentinel's Brooch on offensive cores
VERSION 2 Magic-Darkness Blaster DPS - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
v3.34:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
Level 6: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 12: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Eldritch Blast (Rank 2, Bad Luck)
Level 6: Conjuring
Level 8: Enchanter (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Spellcaster
Level 14: Skarn's Bane (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Voodoo Doll (Rank 2)
Level 23: Crashing Incantation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Nyctophobia)
Level 29: Dimensional Collapse (Glimpse of the Abyss, Lingering Darkness)
Level 32: Dark Tether (Work Up, Devoid)
Level 35: Shadow Shroud
Level 38: Will-o'-the-Wisp
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Electric Speed (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Arcane Flight

Specializations
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Dexterity: Power Swell (2/2)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Initiative (2/2)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
Avenger: Relentless Assault (2/3)
Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices
Slot 1: Invocation of the Eclipse
Slot 2: Loyal Sidekick: Errorlevel

Additional Notes:
Fully Charge Dark Tether to apply Devoid Debuff, then use Dimensional Collapse to keep it active while Rotating Eldritch Blast -> Ebon Ruin

I'm gonna get into details​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on
Tagged:

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    First of all let me start with DID YOU KNOW THAT EBON RUIN'S ACTIVATION TIME HAS BEEN BUGGED FOR AGES? It cannot be Block-Cancelled and on top of that it delays-lags your Blocking. I had to find this by doing Nightmare Invasion and COSMICS with this build and my Full Darkness DPS FF! Did you know that long running UNFIXED bugs gets on my nerves especially when they screw up my FF projects? onion-50.gif
    Ok what is happening here, once again this is the revival and revamp of a old character FF build I had about combining Eldritch Blast + Ebon Ruin! Then Sorcery and Infernal revamp occured that allowed it to happen and
    then DARKNESS got revamped so the build needed an update
    • Still Keeping Avenger's Preemptive Strike DPS Combo
    • Now I count on DEVOID (Curse) to trigger Spellcaster (toggle) and Conjuring (EU)
    • Eldritch Blast + Ebon Ruin is cool combo visuals followed back to back
    • After recent Bug fixes (Remember when Debilitating Poison was tagged as a curse but never trigger Conjuring? This was fixed) the build functioned even better
    • Added DEVOID for more valiable Ebon Ruin DPS
    • Removed Invocation of Storm Calling, it was barely using that power since I was more comfortable with Skarn's Bane. Still good power but not for this build
    • Removed CURSED ADV from Will-o'-the-Wisp and Chant ADV from Eldritch Blast, we have Devoid refresher and Debilitating Poison to back us up. The Hexed adv is a waste outside Crashing Incantation and besides Scarn on Bane can apply it! No reason to refresh Hexed anymore
    • Swapped Thunderstrike with Dark Tether
    • Removed the Illumination adv because the healing over time wasn't worth the 2 point adv (82 HoT in PTS with full Virtuous and even extra healing from Sentinel's Brooch)
    • Dimensional Collapse is VERY COOL for theme and Utility! I can keep my Ebon Ruin's requirements for max DPS in check
    • Damage on Live with current Qliphothic Gear is still pretty good, around 15k+ Ebon Ruin critical damage, now imagine with full Virtuous and better MODs
    • Kept Will-o'-the-Wisp just for the sake of Debilitating Poison to use Life Essense on allies and share my healing, nothing else
    • Once again No PUNNY AD to waste our power slots, We block and self heal
    • Swapped Ebon Void block with Voodoo Doll

Stack INT and let the DEX Primary Spec tree to do all the magic~
    Pros
    + Magic Ball Orbit
    + Another Build that combines 3 powerframes (Sorcery, Darkness, Infernal)
    + Eldritch Blast + Ebon Ruin combined visuals
    + Stylish build

Cons
    -Bugged Ebon Ruin not being Block Canceling and delaying/lagging the block's effect. Against Teleiosaus this is nerve wrecking for CC Domes onion-68.gif
    -Another 50 feet range build (not counting Blast and Ebon Ruin) ... yeah I kinda gimped myself again :B
    -EVEN more squishy build! No Defense, no Dodge! :B
    -ADV Points Retribution, if I could sacrifice TP's point I would but rank 1 TP speed drive me insane

Rotation: Fully Charge Dark Tether to apply DEVOID and FEAR debuff, then use Dimensional Collapse to keep it active while Rotating TAP Eldritch Blast -> Ebon Ruin to keep the Avenger: Preemptive Strike going
    TAP Eldritch Blast -> Crashing Incantation
    • Eldritch Bolts: Energy Builder! For theme once again, I like the visuals
    • Crashing Incantation Once again, personal favorite due to visuals, damage and Debuffs! Could use Endbringer's Grasp instead (which still sucks) but Crashing Incantation fits the whole Magic Ball Orbit theme this build is going for
    • Eldritch Blast: It's my favorite blasts ingame for the visuals alone! This is going to be tapped a lot! Rank2 for extra damage and visuals and picked Bad Luck adv for the JINX Debuff which will be useful
      I don't like boring Shadow Blast visuals, besides my full DPS Darkness FF build is already have this covered
    • Conjuring: Energy Unlock which along our Offensive Toggle will benefit GREATLY with the focus on INT stacking! More INT more Energy over Time
    • Spellcaster: Offensive Toggle which along our Energy Unlock will benefit GREATLY with the focus on INT stacking! More INT more Energy from stacks and Offense boost
    • Enchanter: I decided to give in for thematical reasons and swap Shadow Form with it! It's not bad but I MISS that small healing over time :/ The damage resistance is actually really good
    • Skarn's Bane: Still a blood good AOE attack, people seem to ignore it for Star Barrage despite having stellar DPS after the sorcery revamp. That Innate HEXED on the end of maintenance is very good to help with its DPS and build for upcoming Crashing Incantation
    • Life Essence: Still there for theme and to share self healing with allies in cosmics, events and ALERT pugs!
    • Voodoo Doll: May as well, why not! Kept it rank 2 because rank 3 aura visuals are ugly! The visual scaling also feels on with Female characters, it too far away from the model
    • Ebon Ruin: Our ALPHA Strike attack! Not a fan that i have to sacrifice Rank 3 visuals to get the 2point adv for maximun DPS potential :/
      Now that the Build has both Devoid debuff and a ongoing FEAR source the damage is even better than the old build
      Dear devs DO NOT DO THE SAME with Force Cascade, if I have to sacrifice FC's rank 3 devastating badass visuals for 2 point for max DPS I RIOT
    • Dimensional Collapse: SO THATS WHERE The old Ebon Ruin's DOT went! VERY COOL for theme and Utility! I can keep my Ebon Ruin's requirements for max DPS in check! and it comes with innate DOT and knock down! I like this power a lot! What kills me... 50 feet range... what is this?
      So now Shadow Blast only applies devoid on full blast, cannot refresh it on tap anymore and you require a 50feet power to refresh it ??? Yeah im upset about this change! Why infernal get to keep its Debuff and Debuff Refresher on tap of Blast and 100feet powers and Darkness get gimped like this? ಠ_ಠ
      What a questionable change
    • Dark Tether: I'm surprised this power has DEVOID as adv, meaning I don't have to use Shadow Blast \o/ Sure it's 50 feet range only and this sucks but had to do sacrifices to avoid powers I dont want. Just fully charge it for the debuff and forget about it with Dimensional Collapse going. Tap it for Restoration adv
    • Shadow Shroud: Got bored of Imbue, using this now that the Aura was removed for theme, aesthetics and bonus all damage!
    • Will-o'-the-Wisp: Free Power, just keep it for Debilitating Poison

Devoid is CURSE
    Debilitating Poison is CURSE
    Hexed is CURSE
    With your powers combined I became a HEX MANIAC​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    c91.jpeg​​
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Hm, I can see how that block bug w/ ERuin is very annoying in practice- guess you just have to be more conservative w/ block timing when using it. That general issue aside, the build looks pretty good for a somewhat diff take on Darkness and Sorc. You could take the stun adv on Skarn's for a bit more AoE CC, but ofc that's optional.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Hm, I can see how that block bug w/ ERuin is very annoying in practice- guess you just have to be more conservative w/ block timing when using it.
    It's really hard to keep up actually, especially in Dino not much i can do
    Outside COSMICS its not an huge issue per say because nothing has this level of Difficulty and Danger, but in Teleiosaurus especially it completely screws me over!
    Since Teleiosaurus and Hatchling will spawn AOE CC domes during the time the period i full charging Ebon Ruin and then getting CC'ed despite blocking, followed by Knock and Poison domes followed by death... ( ._.)
    That general issue aside, the build looks pretty good for a somewhat diff take on Darkness and Sorc. You could take the stun adv on Skarn's for a bit more AoE CC, but ofc that's optional.
    I tend to avoid CC effects on DPS TBH since I know they will break immediately, i only use them on support​​
    edited August 2019
    avianos wrote: »
    Hm, I can see how that block bug w/ ERuin is very annoying in practice- guess you just have to be more conservative w/ block timing when using it.
    It's really hard to keep up actually, especially in Dino not much i can do
    Outside COSMICS its not an huge issue per say because nothing has this level of Difficulty and Danger, but in Teleiosaurus especially it completely screws me over!
    Since Teleiosaurus and Hatchling will spawn AOE CC domes during the time the period i full charging Ebon Ruin and then getting CC'ed despite blocking, followed by Knock and Poison domes followed by death... ( ._.)
    I see. I guess the power got revamped so many times that something broke w/ it's interaction w/ block along the way. Testing it briefly myself, it seems like canceling ERuin into block fills the charge bar graphically and causes the current ERuin to fire off first. Dunno why it's doing that (Defile isn't, nor are some other charge moves I'm trying), but I guess I can see where the delay is coming from.
    I tend to avoid CC effects on DPS TBH since I know they will break immediately, i only use them on support​​
    Fair enough. Stuns are still nice against trash, but if you have a stronger CC'er around then its better to let them supply it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    I see. I guess the power got revamped so many times that something broke w/ it's interaction w/ block along the way. Testing it briefly myself, it seems like canceling ERuin into block fills the charge bar graphically and causes the current ERuin to fire off first. Dunno why it's doing that (Defile isn't, nor are some other charge moves I'm trying), but I guess I can see where the delay is coming from.
    I'm really happy that you are able to replicate this bug as well consider some users are cannot​​
    edited August 2019
    Yea, well I guess one upside is that unlike other block canceling, the attack goes off and still does dmg and procs things (and thus also consumes energy instead of being refunded), but that's more like a consolation prize when the priority is to block in time to not die :p

And yea, I can corroborate that it seems like you can still block-cancel ERuin, but you have to be much faster w/ the block input than w/ other powers, and it's not going to be easy to do that in combat or w/ some hotkey setups. So I guess it's not completely broken, but the timing window is not forgiving like it is for other powers.
  • citizen#2019 citizen Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have zero issues blocking or having lag issues
    edited August 2019
    I have zero issues blocking or having lag issues
    Good for you, This doesn't help me with my issue with documenting Ebon Ruin's bug​​