test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the best real money to global conversion?

I always like to start a game with a bit of 'gold'. So far, the best way has been to buy ZEN for about $.01 per, then buy a KEY in the STORE for 100 ZEN ($1.00) and then sell it in the AH for 120 global (so, each global costs a bit less than $.01) Does that sound efficient? While we're on the topic, when does the AH start to have items worth buying (I'm lvl 16)? In all six gear categories today, there was only 1 item better than what I got from missions in a range of +/- three levels of my own.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Seeing as how you're leveling, I would recommend just playing the game up until you're level 40. You shouldn't really be worrying about gears or money while leveling. You should be getting a good 100-200 global by the time you're level 40 if you're doing all those quests and selling junk gears. Once you're level 40, or at least competent in the DPS department at a lower level, just spam the SMASH Alert all day every day.

If you really, REALLY want to go to the real life money > virtual money route, you buy key packs, usually with bonus items, instead of buying single keys. You can always buy them on sale, wait for the sale to be over in a week or so, then sell them them. This also applies to the R8 and R9 catalysts in the zen shop.

Answers

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    If you are making 100-120g selling keys, you are extremely lucky.
  • Options
    fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    I have been told that the BEST deal is:

1) Buy a key pack. You often get a discount on the keys alone and a bunch of goodies on top of it, including hard-to-find mods, vehicles, costume bits, etc.

2) Wait until a new chest is released, and then use all the keys immediately on those chests.

3) Sell all of it on the auction exchange.

Again, from what I am told, people will start looking for those new things right away and you won't have much competition and can set the prices as high as the market will bear. I am told that it is not difficult to get much more globals than you would have gotten for the keys, and in addition you have all the other stuff from the pack to sell.

So I am told.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    If you want to buy leveling gear, I recommend ignoring converting to g, and buy a set that levels with you -- either one of the sets from the q store (convert z->Q via the Q exchange) or one of the bind to acct sets (don't remember where to get most of those). None of those sets cost resources.