test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make a event/activity where we punch things into other things... like golf, but with super punches

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
https://youtu.be/MvohIJ6VQis
So I was on PTS and was bored so I made up this dumb game where I try to punch the moving practice dummies into the doorway that leads into the room. It was kinda fun, so I was like... this should be a thing in the game! Basically some sort of thing where we have to knock a thing into another thing, for prizes.

So a quick way I thought up that this could work involves the following components:

1) An NPC that doesn't move, and has 1 million hit points, and zero knock resist. I will refer to this as the Ball NPC.

2) An NPC that has an AOE attack that takes a few seconds to charge, and does 1 million damage to anything, player or NPC, that is in its area when it goes off. This AOE would have a big grid bubble like what Cosmics make, so you can see the area of it. I will refer to this as the Goal NPC.

3) A series of daily quests to defeat X number of the Ball NPCs.

The Ball NPC probably shouldn't move because as you saw in the video I had to hit the practice dummies from weird angles to get them going in the direction I wanted, probably due to latency.

So the game itself is simple: The player needs to Knock the Ball NPC over to the Goal NPC, so it lands in a spot where the Goal NPC's aoe will hit it when it goes off. Hitting the Ball NPC puts the player into combat with it, and so they get quest credit when it gets blown up.

The setups would then determine how difficult each version of the game is, so various versions can be made for each daily quest so you can have easy, medium, and hard versions. The easy version would be knocking one Ball NPC at a time, to one Goal NPC that is moving slowly and has a short charge time on its aoe. The medium version could involve Goal NPCs that have a longer charge time, so it's a bit trickier to get the Ball NPC in the right spot to get blown up when the aoe goes off. The hard version could involve multiple Ball NPCs at once, each with immunity to a certain damage type, and Goal NPCs that each deal a certain damage type, all color coded so the player knows to which Goal NPC each Ball NPC has to be knocked.

The dailies should give the player a device that replicates the Haymaker power so that players without knocks can still play the game. Characters that have knock powers could just use those, assuming they can knock far enough. To add a bit of challenge to the quests and not make it a guaranteed success, a timer could start the moment you accept the daily, and if you don't succeed before the timer runs out then you fail that daily and have to wait until the next day. To avoid having players start all three, have each version give the player the next harder version upon completion.

Comments