test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Death Rattle predictions and reactions

13»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Here's another possibility: we could be looking at the return of Andrith the Golden and/or some construct of his.

Arguments for this:
    • The gloves from part 2 can be upgraded with Crystallos Shards, which, aside from being seen in this mission, can be found in Andrith Ruins and when doing the mission Shards of Oblivion.
    • According to Dig Data Download, Andrith was an 'ancient Lemurian City, a place of leisure and deadly research, ruled by one of their ancient leaders, Andrith the Golden. When it was abandoned, a doomsday weapon was left behind.'
    • To achieve rank 3 gloves requires shards with no known source other than Vikorin. According to Entering Andrith, 'in all likelihood, they are trying to dig up some long-buried superweapon.'

It has never been revealed what superweapon that might be, though Grashnak reminds me a bit of the lava elementals we run into in Deathray Demolition (there's also Phoenix poking around in Kriminal Intent, but that doesn't seem very relevant).
    Isn't some of the lore behind Andrithal that the volcano is artificial? IE, the Lemurians created it, probably unintentionally? Maybe deep under the magma still burns a power source created by the Lemurians? Maybe there is no magma pipe feeding Andrithal? Perhaps Andrithal was once a Lemurian fortress city? Then one day someone pushed the big red button….
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Isn't some of the lore behind Andrithal that the volcano is artificial? IE, the Lemurians created it, probably unintentionally? Maybe deep under the magma still burns a power source created by the Lemurians?
    Digging up the power source for Andrithal would certainly be consistent with 'you will all burn'.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'm calling it: They're going to make the volcano into a Cosmic.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    It's just a lead up to the repaired, and reopened Destroyer in the WZ once he's been fixed.
    [NbK]XStorm
    Isn't some of the lore behind Andrithal that the volcano is artificial? IE, the Lemurians created it, probably unintentionally? Maybe deep under the magma still burns a power source created by the Lemurians?
    Digging up the power source for Andrithal would certainly be consistent with 'you will all burn'.
    But it does make one wonder why they had to go to the moon... It could be they're trying to rez a Lemurian who actually knows how to use Andrithal right, unlike Vikorin the blind.... Wait why IS he called "the blind" anyways?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Wait why IS he called "the blind" anyways?
    I would assume he's blind.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    He is blind, there was something about it somewhere, I forget where, he was working on something, and it blew up in his face when he was young, and lost his vision. Now he relies on his magic for perception.
    [NbK]XStorm
    I just thought of something after talking to the Lemurian guy by the super jet on MI. Andrithal(the volcano) is named after Andrith the Golden.... why? It has Lemurian ruins all over both inside and outside. The Lemurians are trying to uncover it's secrets because they know Andrith the Golden used to live on Monster Island. Hypothesis: Andrithal used to BE Andrith the Golden's palace.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    That's essentially the lore from the Monster Island book: Andrithal was the site of one of Andrith the Golden's many palaces across the Lemurian Empire. This particular palace also contains extensive well-preserved magical workrooms and laboratories. Although not stated anywhere, I would theorize that Andrith chose this site for those facilities for its great distance from Lemuria, allowing him to work on his projects in secrecy and without interruption.
    And then one day one of those experiments literally blew up in his face and turned his home/lab/evil lair into a volcano?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    All of the missions give us forms of magical defense gear/mods. The lemurian vendor on MI uses lemurian magic to help upgrade your gauntlets. He also speaks about Andrith the Golden.

Perhaps the magic resist items are intentional to prepare is for a fight against an enemy who uses magic. ((Also it would be really neat if the resist gear became upgradable like the gauntlets))!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    edited August 2019
    And then one day one of those experiments literally blew up in his face and turned his home/lab/evil lair into a volcano?

Doesn't have to be anything Andrith did. The war between the demigod rulers of Atlantis and Sharna-Gorak the Destroyer unleashed forces that literally and majorly altered the map of the planet's surface. Volcanoes sprouting up in new locations was probably a terrifyingly common occurrence.
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    ((Also it would be really neat if the resist gear became upgradable like the gauntlets))!
    I want this so much! I'd also like this option for the questionite gear as well, I'd love to have upgradeable armadillo gear.
    bulgarex wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be anything Andrith did. The war between the demigod rulers of Atlantis and Sharna-Gorak the Destroyer unleashed forces that literally and majorly altered the map of the planet's surface. Volcanoes sprouting up in new locations was probably a terrifyingly common occurrence.
    Or maybe this was targeted destruction? The war that destroyed Lemurian civilization was said to have involved weapons that imitated natural disasters. Maybe one of their equivalents of a nuke actually created a volcano at the target?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Well, the official historical timeline of the CU doesn't sync up with that, but doesn't completely rule it out either. So if it's important to you that that be the case, why not?
    Well, It's not about what I want to be true, but trying to figure out the way things ARE. In part because the way Andrithal is depicted in the game makes it look like the palace was targeted. The volcano formed inside or under it, and engulfed it. Or that's how it looks to me.... OOH I made pics!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited August 2019
    Sure, targeting is a possible explanation for the look; but so is random chance. We are talking over thirty thousand years of natural processes. It takes comic-book explanations to justify it still standing at all. ;)
    Yeah it's an old sci-fi trope of finding ancient ruins built with super tech that somehow work after being dug up millennia after they were abandoned. :p I suppose that's a good point about millennia of change. The palace has been a ruin for a long time.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Technically it's magic in this instance.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I found it all pretty boring. The only real challenge was the last fight and the effort put into writing the plot was woeful. If this is the extent of any real progress with CO, then :(

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    I recall from the lore in the setting that the Lemurian Rebels all regained their natural forms by pledging themselves to the Bleak Ones, their soul-eating ancient monster gods who ae currently as trapped in Qiiphoth as any of the Kings of Edom.

From this I can only surmise that they must be doing the bidding of the Bleak Ones, or agents of the Bleak Ones, and how that could connect to Sharna-Gorrak the Destroyer is not something I know enough to understand. I largely think the two are unconnected in any way other than both being ancient mythology / magical / legendary. That could be entirely enough.
    edited September 2019
    Well, there is lore in Champions Online implying that two of the Bleak Ones are named "Esleggua" and "Orogtha," which are names of two of the Kings of Edom. Sharna-Gorak was transformed by the "Presences Beyond" who also empowered Shadow Destroyer. Although the Presences Beyond are explicitly not Kings of Edom, they are definitely from the Qliphoth. Also, when Sharna-Gorak called on all foes of Atlantis to join him in war against Vondarien their high king, the Lemurians participated. So there are connecting threads that could be woven together, with enough creativity. ;)