test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mental Endurance?

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
Trying to figure out some work arounds to help with energy for my Force Cascade character (since Unstoppable will soon not be a viable energy source anymore) and was wondering what Mental Endurance in the Ego tree actually does. I've read the description but it's a bit vague. I.e. "Increases the amount of Maximum Energy your Recovery grants by 33%." What does this mean?
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Rec also increases max energy- ala End, but not normally by nearly as much. Maxing that spec option will buff that aspect of Rec by 100%, or double it (Rec PSS has a similar option). It was prob put in there as an option for builds using Rec PSS_SSS to not energy cap as easily, as a contrast to Int and End PSS having options to make End also boost equilibrium a bit.

As much their penalties can be annoying, Power Conversion and Dark Transfusion will prob be more important for the sort of builds that demand much energy use, since Unstoppable is losing its crazy Rec scaling on knock, Defiance is losing its energy gain, and CoAP is exclusive w/ EUs now. Ofc, we'll have to see what a Force revamp holds too.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Gotcha. Just trying to understand all the possible parameters and possibilities. Since I have Ego PSS and Rec + End as SSS I'm going to play with Wind Reverberation + Gust to Proc Repel and see if that helps. Might then be time to use Avenger spec tree.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Well, the Might EU (Brute Force) got changed so its stacks will refresh at 3, which is nice for Force too at least. There's still the heavy Int + Quarry + MSA route as well, and w/ the new Hurl potentially applying Demolish from 100ft you got a great MSA candidate there.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    My techno time-traveling FC spamming hero from the 25th c. is not going to throw rocks to put up Demolish! ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    My techno time-traveling FC spamming hero from the 25th c. is not going to throw rocks to put up Demolish! ;)
    Fair enough- I was just speaking generally. You can still use other powers to debuff for Crushing, and/or just stick w/ Force Geyser for MSA if you want to stay in Force.
    Gotcha! Let's hope that the Force revamp will have its own 100 ft demolish-like debuff power. Maybe that's what Force Blast will become? I just so hate the goofy finger snap animation. That should be abolished and something more superheroic put in its place.
    JwLmWoa.png
    I kinda like Geyser's anim, but yeah it's not gonna fit every Force toon. You could try taps of TStrike if you want a 100ft cd that could fit into a Tech theme. Wisp + Conjuring is good for FC builds that want a bit more of a magic theme, etc. Until the Force revamp, there's still a few other workable approaches out there, even if the Unstoppable/Defiance ones are closed off.