test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 8/15/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Death Rattle
  • Chapter 4 of Death Rattle is out! If you have completed Chapter 3 you can talk to Ladyhawke for the new mission.
  • Known Issue: We are aware that certain mobs in the mission can clip into a wall. We will be addressing this issue tomorrow.

Comments

• serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    When you changed from nemesis tokens to nemesis recognition with no warning with no way to exchange the currencies as with previous changes the cheapest item in the token store set to 25 tokens. Immediately after the patch that made this change I pointed out to you the fact that there was no way to use up/remove tokens that weren't multiples of 25 and you said you would add a 1 token item to the old store for that. We are still waiting for that to be done, until then People are stuck with undependable and useless nemesis tokens cluttering their currency lists.

When will the fix you promised for this oversight be fixed? Since you didn't want to provide an exchange of old currency to the new type the easiest fix (also mentioned) would be to add consumables to the nemesis token store as they cost 1 each.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Again, probably the same time as the personal growth magnifiers are released.

There are any number of promises made by a dev or dev team over the years that have conveniently been forgotten at a later point by a later dev/dev team. Remember the promise to expand and grow the OSV system?
    When you changed from nemesis tokens to nemesis recognition with no warning with no way to exchange the currencies as with previous changes the cheapest item in the token store set to 25 tokens. Immediately after the patch that made this change I pointed out to you the fact that there was no way to use up/remove tokens that weren't multiples of 25 and you said you would add a 1 token item to the old store for that. We are still waiting for that to be done, until then People are stuck with undependable and useless nemesis tokens cluttering their currency lists.

When will the fix you promised for this oversight be fixed? Since you didn't want to provide an exchange of old currency to the new type the easiest fix (also mentioned) would be to add consumables to the nemesis token store as they cost 1 each.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Hope to play the mission when it's fixed, looks like fun :o

Bug: Ape is knocking people's pyre patch, noticed cuz one kept getting knocked to hearts and waking them.
    Not sure if this bug came with this patch but I think so.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Bug: Ape is knocking people's pyre patch, noticed cuz one kept getting knocked to hearts and waking them.

That's been happening since Fire Revamp I think.
    373fpu.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • your anger tic is shaped wrong - it's supposed to be a hollow cross​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Been around for a long time, pyre patches are entities and ape AoE isn't checking whether it's allowed to hit them, and either they aren't repel immune or ape's attack ignores immunity.

Not the only thing like that, you can also ice cage lava patches if you use ice block.
  • Bug: Ape is knocking people's pyre patch, noticed cuz one kept getting knocked to hearts and waking them.
    Been around for a long time, pyre patches are entities and ape AoE isn't checking whether it's allowed to hit them, and either they aren't repel immune or ape's attack ignores immunity.

Not the only thing like that, you can also ice cage lava patches if you use ice block.

That's been happening since Fire Revamp I think.

Ah okay, I had no idea it was that old, thanks then ^^, only noticed just now cuz regen tank using moonstruck had issues with the fire hitting heart.

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I manged to get the last mob by retreating out of the room when he first teleported outside the dome, then I re-entered the room and attacked that last guy with only my Energy Builder. He didn't teleport away then. Took 10 minutes to whittle him down in this heroic fashion, but I got him in the end.

Any chance of letting us sell the Intriguing Gear we get from this mission? Pretty worthless for a fully geared lvl 40.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Death Rattle
    • Chapter 4 of Death Rattle is out! If you have completed Chapter 3 you can talk to Ladyhawke for the new mission.
    • Known Issue: We are aware that certain mobs in the mission can clip into a wall. We will be addressing this issue tomorrow.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Not mentioned in the notes but the Emergency HOTFIX patch today for Death Rattle added this costume to the vendor
    gWH6r9G.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited August 2019
    BUG: After completing UNKNOWABLE mission Chapter 4 of Death Rattle with one (1) character,I'm enable to proceed the mission with another character since the i'm unable to interact with the entrace.
    The crack on the seafloor doesn't glow and doesn't give me any interaction option

I just did part 1 to 3 with this character if this is related to the issue
    [GIF]
    1ajqNl4.gif

I relogged and change instance but im still unable to start the mission

Only the first character got the NEW Gear as first time reward choice, the second character's window when he recieved the mission had different rewards

UPDATE: i think i found why the mission was bugged, i dropped it and got it again from lady hawk in rencen and now it works perfectly. The Hologram gives you the wrong mission

BUG: if you get part 4 mission immediately after you finish part 3 in the lab via the hologram npc it gives you the wrong mission (the REPEAT version which doesnt even have the same rewards as the first time clear)​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    I found what was causing this bug, Lady Nighhawk's Hologram after the end of part 3 gives you the wrong mission (the rewards were not even Intriguing gear)​​
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    i had the same crater-door not glowing bug trying the fixed version of number4 this afternoon. So i dropped it, then it told be it would not be avalable for another 20 hours. >>

• bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    I've encountered the bug where the mission can't be entered as well, but from running it normally. I did part 4 yesterday without issue, but when I tried to run the entire chain today the entrance to the Lemurian temple isn't intractable.
    Neither character could get into part 4 today. i'm at the crack in the river-bottom and nothing happens. Took the mission from rencen ladyhawk, not the hologram one.
    I must admit the lemurian-built rum-running tunnels toward winsor does amuse. :) I like the little bit of actual local history implied there. :)

• bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    As a workaround, I found that if you team with someone that has the first-run version of the mission, the crack becomes interactable and you can enter.
    Still can't get my guys into mission 4. It isn't the leftover crystallos shards that are doing it, either. Are old mission items supposed to hang around in there? Seems kind of wierd.

edited August 2019
    xparibax wrote: »
    Still can't get my guys into mission 4. It isn't the leftover crystallos shards that are doing it, either. Are old mission items supposed to hang around in there? Seems kind of wierd.

Those Crystals are crafting material required in order to upgrade the Magic Imbued Gloves as recently discovered
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1213708/magic-imbued-gloves-upgrades-needed-items​​
    oh. neat, didn't know that was a thing.
    Also still can't get in the mission. *shake fish*

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Clever recycling of the moon hideout to make this level, though it does cast a spotlight on those side rooms that we don't get access to in our lair version of it U_U also you can just run past every enemy in the first section of the mission so I dunno what the point of that was.

Also the mobs in the side rooms of the moon base trying to follow me to the middle room somehow made them get stuck behind the forcefield in the middle room... yeah, they were on the side with the boss NPC and they were all mashing their faces into the forcefield trying to get me. It was really goofy :D

Overall my feelings on this stuff is the same as the previous missions... it could all be longer u3u
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Clever recycling of the moon hideout to make this level, though it does cast a spotlight on those side rooms that we don't get access to in our lair version of it U_U also you can just run past every enemy in the first section of the mission so I dunno what the point of that was.
    To make people with teleport or tunneling or sneak feel empowered? Plenty of missions have lots of stuff you can bypass.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    To make people with any travel power skip that area ? Plenty of missions have lots of stuff you can bypass.

Fixed.

Same goes for all the missions that have lots of stuff you can bypass, I don't see the point of that stuff existing. It's nice scenery I guess. Just because something is a certain way currently doesn't make it good. If you're going to bother putting stuff with combat AI, make us fight it, otherwise just make it passive so it doesn't eat up any processing.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    To make people with any travel power skip that area ? Plenty of missions have lots of stuff you can bypass.

Fixed.
    Skipping it with flight, swinging, or superjump likely won't go very well. You should be able to blitz through with superspeed or acro but it's decently risky.
    Did all the missions in order tonight. Still cant get into number 4. Y'all need to be fixing this.