test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Magic Imbued Gloves upgrades - needed items

So, slowpoke that I am, I just discovered that the Magic Imbued Gloves can be upgraded (yes, laugh I'm slow on the uptake sometimes)

So, Since I would like to get these upgraded versions, it says I need specific Items, Namely "Crystallos Shards", Emissive Crystallos Shards" and "Scintillating Crystallos Shards" (as well as the Gloves and some Questionite)

The Lemurian Ambassador simply refers to these as crystals that lemurians might be carrying, but are there any specific areas or specific enemy types that carry these, or is the drop totally random and anywhere? Are any Lemurians anywhere potential drops, or just those on Monster island?

I seem to recall "Crystallos shards" being a mission item for a fetchquest ealy on but if so it's long over; can they still even drop?

Because while I have seen a couple of "Emissive Crystallos shards" drop from lemurains in Andrithal, I have yet to see any of the 'Normal' "Crystallos Shards" drop, nor have I encountered the "scintillating Crystallos Shards"

If anyone has any answers on the subject I'd appreciate it, since I'm not sure if I'm even in the right area or going after the right targets.

Thanks.

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I got a few Crystallos from doing part 4 of Death Rattle. Not sure if they were scintillating, but I got two types of them.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    While I won't disclose locations, I will say all items can be found outside of the Death Rattle missions (and some can be found in it).
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    NOW HOLD ON!
    First of all Thank you OP for bringing this to attention because I didn't know that neither onion-61.gif

I'm interested in the potential of this Device both for Theme and Aesthetics​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    wait those gauntlets from the first mission are upgradable? Ok... how and where?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I've had a look and the upgrades do look interesting....info below...
    At the highest rank it can spawn a healing rune on attack. The Vendor for this is near the jet on MI, the Lemurian Ambassador mentioned in the OP. It tells you what items you need.
    @spinnytop you may find this interesting since you wanted to build a DPS theme build with them

"Requires a crafting skill of 400+ to purchase" OOF
    sNWOnBr.png

This is a very pleasant surprise, I was expecting everything to be done with this device but the UPGRADE idea is amazing :D
    I Hope this is the start of more devices like that, this is very good concept

With the MAX upgrade we could make a melee Arbiter Healer​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    I've had a look and the upgrades do look interesting....info below...
    At the highest rank it can spawn a healing rune on attack. The Vendor for this is near the jet on MI, the Lemurian Ambassador mentioned in the OP. It tells you what items you need.
    Reads spoiler... and I failed my reading comprehension test. Thanks for the info.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    @spinnytop you may find this interesting since you wanted to build a DPS theme build with them

Well now that is interesting... unfortunately I'm not a big fan of scavenger hunts .-.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Crystallos Shard: obtain from crystal object, a few of them in the Andrith Ruin's hallway, possibly 4 at Vikorin's room, and 2 at the end of the Death Rattle Quest, the Unknowable via quest objective.
    Emissive Crystallos Shard: Drop from ANY lemurian trash mobs
    Scintillating Crystallos Shard: RNG drop from the reward circle when you defeat Vikorin at Andrith Ruin.
    qawsada wrote: »
    Crystallos Shard: obtain from crystal object, a few of them in the Andrith Ruin's hallway, possibly 4 at Vikorin's room, and 2 at the end of the Death Rattle Quest, the Unknowable via quest objective.
    Scintillating Crystallos Shard: RNG drop from the reward circle when you defeat Vikorin at Andrith Ruin.

MMM Great, it's already hard to find people motivated to run this lair :|​​
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I had no idea and I'm loving this way to upgrade the device!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    qawsada wrote: »
    MMM Great, it's already hard to find people motivated to run this lair :|​​
    More rewards = more people motivated to do it right? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Maybe you can buy some from that Rockvendor in MI?
    And my Crafting Sense told me the stuffs are Superrare.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    I didn’t know anything about this until i came across this thread, so thanks! This will be a fun new knick knack to grind for.

I would love to see more upgradable/progressive oriented items like this they give you a reason to get out and do things!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    For reference, drop rate of Emissive seems to be in the 1/150 to 1/200 range, so figure 1500-2000 lemurians for rank 2, 4-5k for rank 3. Scintillating I don't have a sufficiently large data set but probably a fairly common Vikorin drop, 10-20%.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The stats don't look all that impressive for the amount of time one needs to put in to acquiring them. Am I missing something. Are they buffed by things that buff magic/sorcery?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The stats don't look all that impressive for the amount of time one needs to put in to acquiring them. Am I missing something. Are they buffed by things that buff magic/sorcery?
    As I recall they have the same stats as defensive combo (the one you get for the mission is rank 1, the upgrades are rank 2 and 3, though the upgrades have a few bonuses as well). They would be affected by anything that buffs all damage, melee damage, supernatural damage, or magic damage.
    For the amount of grind required, it would be nice if the improved devices could be bind on equip rather than bind on pickup to have the option to sell them in the AH, similar to Dark Speed, etc..
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I wish the Upgrades were available in PTS so we can test them
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    For the amount of grind required, it would be nice if the improved devices could be bind on equip rather than bind on pickup to have the option to sell them in the AH, similar to Dark Speed, etc..
    Well, the crystals are no longer bound, and that's where most of the grind is, so you can just sell them.
    edited August 2019
    Well, the crystals are no longer bound, and that's where most of the grind is, so you can just sell them.
    NOW We are talking! I can farm the Upgrade material with multiple characters so I can save them for specific builds
    If you have crystalus that are still BOUND just Shift+Right click+Drag them in inventory so they will break stacks and get unbound

...man why are those NOT in patch notes? You know that would be very useful to know Officially from notes tiger-17.gif​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    What a bizarre choice of "content".
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Including the lair drop crystals? Because I really don't want to have to deal with that part unless it's soloable.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    There might be one, very specific type of super tanky build that has a chance to solo viko, but it will be very time consuming, and tedious. Probably 30-45 minutes of straight fighting to get him down, and not die. Better off getting a group.
    [NbK]XStorm
    Cranky aren't we?

Are the crystals from Vikorin's Lair drop from the Cystal Pillars you have to destroy to release him (since they always dropped some useless quest items crystals) or did they change it to drop only when he gets defeated

Yeah dont try to Solo farm it, its a waste of time! I tried to solo him after the revamp but after 2/3 HP he was impossible for me​​
    So I ran through a Vikorin mission earlier and only got a random Emissive Crystallos Shard drop from mobs. Am I missing something for getting any Crystallos Shards? I get that the Scintillating Crystallos Shard is a RNG drop from the reward circle. I think the team had Need or Greed set and I don't recall seeing pop-ups for crystals. I'm hoping getting Crystallos Shards doesn't mean competing with my teammates to see who can scoop them up first. That would be some not super game play.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    So I ran through a Vikorin mission earlier and only got a random Emissive Crystallos Shard drop from mobs. Am I missing something for getting any Crystallos Shards? I get that the Scintillating Crystallos Shard is a RNG drop from the reward circle. I think the team had Need or Greed set and I don't recall seeing pop-ups for crystals. I'm hoping getting Crystallos Shards doesn't mean competing with my teammates to see who can scoop them up first. That would be some not super game play.
    I suspected that all the crystal in the ruin are a free-for-all loot fest. Even if you're team with your friends, they are your competition getting those crystals. Who ever interact with the ! loot symbol first, or I assume if you interact with the reward circle at Vikorin's room first, will get the crystal shard. I notice this when my team mate destroy those giant crystal and I saw ! loot symbol appears. When I head towards it, the ! loot symbol was gone.

Yeah, Loot Stealing is now a thing.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    It's correct, it's pretty tough, but if you have a decent group, you can do the runs reliably, and you can share the spoils, the scints are a nasty one though, while you only need 10, 10 is a lot, I prolly did it about 50 times since the addition, and only got 5 scints so far
    [NbK]XStorm
    So I ran through a Vikorin mission earlier and only got a random Emissive Crystallos Shard drop from mobs. Am I missing something for getting any Crystallos Shards? I get that the Scintillating Crystallos Shard is a RNG drop from the reward circle. I think the team had Need or Greed set and I don't recall seeing pop-ups for crystals.
    Crystals are, unfortunately, white quality, so they'll be below your loot threshold.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    It's correct, it's pretty tough, but if you have a decent group, you can do the runs reliably, and you can share the spoils, the scints are a nasty one though, while you only need 10, 10 is a lot, I prolly did it about 50 times since the addition, and only got 5 scints so far
    Aah thanks for the info. Given that level of grind, I think I'm just going to pass. The baseline version effect isn't really that great, and the upgrades are basically rank 2/rank3 of the power (15/20/25% on final combo hit to apply bane, 10% for the rune on rank 3 only. Standard damage increase between R1/R2/R3 of 20% per rank applies)
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).