test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Powerhouse Test Dummies to help testing Healing powers - I need Healing Dummy and Debilitating Dummy

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
A Quality of Life I have been wanting to suggest long time.

Today testing in PTS of the Impressive Physique I thought there should be a better way for HEALERS to test their ally healing powers WITHOUT using the Combat Room. Was trying to use a lot of pets to test the AOE healing of the power but in the end all the mobs would focus on me instead of attacking the pets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So What I trying to archieve with this suggestion
  • Usage of the Empty part of the Powerhouse, Mobile Target Training Room
  • A way for Healers to test their healing without having to use Battle room or searching for people to come and help them
  • DPS/TANKS testing their self healing
  • An Easier way to test Healing powers in general
  • More variety in Testing Dummies

Two types of different TEST DUMMY NPCS
and I added some visual aid for the sake of it using Ingame's bio format, screenshots and GIMP
[Image File after this point]
i6szvFv.png
  • The I NEED HEALING Dummy will constantly be on a state of HP Lose so you can heal it
  • The Debilitating Dummy will poison you with a DEBUFF that will make you constantly lose % HP. Similar to the Genetic Siphon from Teleios Ascendant lair with the difference IT CANNOT KILL YOU and stacks to a limited amount of stacks
I also thought of having Debilitating Dummy poison the Ally Dummy but since that would require them to be too close, it would also annoy the player

The only issue I couldn't think would be testing healing support effects from other ways (SPECS, CCs ADVs e.t.c)

The Room is pretty huge, there can be a lot of formations (x5 Ally Dummies x5 Regular dummies close to each other)​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    The healing dummy's a great idea.

The debilitating dummy, we theoretically have a solution for that already, but it's extremely outdated - the laser room. That has so many issues including:
    • damage dealt by the different lasers varies based upon which zone you're testing it in. MC's lasers are much weaker than those on Monster Island for example.
    • all lasers deal only fire damage. That's going to skew your results if you're using a passive that happens to resist fire more than average.
    • You can only fire a laser once every 5 seconds or some other unreasonably long period. That's an issue if what you're testing leverages upon: stacking mechanics like defiance, energy returns, actual practical damage-taking applications.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    bluhman wrote: »
    The healing dummy's a great idea.

The debilitating dummy, we theoretically have a solution for that already, but it's extremely outdated - the laser room. That has so many issues including:
    • damage dealt by the different lasers varies based upon which zone you're testing it in. MC's lasers are much weaker than those on Monster Island for example.
    • all lasers deal only fire damage. That's going to skew your results if you're using a passive that happens to resist fire more than average.
    • You can only fire a laser once every 5 seconds or some other unreasonably long period. That's an issue if what you're testing leverages upon: stacking mechanics like defiance, energy returns, actual practical damage-taking applications.

I'm going to be honest, I COMPLETELY FORGOT that the Defensive Laser Room even existed until you reminded it :V

And you are correct it's so outdated it practically offers no value for the testing we need to do!
    If anything it's another Room that needs to revamp to meet the today game's standards, we could use it to have more unique dummies while updating the lasers​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!