test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Viable Warlock DPS theme Build - Fire, Darkness, Sorcery - It's all about presentation

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
Note: NOT to be confused with my Warlock TANK build (which BTW came out very awesome at tanking comics and got Full Distinguished Gear)!
Different build, character, aesthetics, role

I decided to revisit a character's theme build recently in order to farm Qliphothic Invasion with him just for theme and I ented up COMPLETELY REVAMP IT because a lot of revamps and poor build choices! (I'm going to repost my Magic-Darkness Blaster as well since the build also got revamped recently with new powers)

Here is the OLD BUILD for comparison! Do NOT use the old build
It was trying to be use Overseer Tree for debuffing the enemies with Trapped and dragged the build! Also it wasn't fun since Circle of Arcane Power was the main source of Energy back without EU and we see what happened recently with the Circle nerf

Sharing this Build! I'm going into details

Range Warlock DPS - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
v3.34:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
Level 15: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Crashing Incantation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Fire Strike (Fan the Flames)
Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Chilled Form
Level 14: Spirit Reverberation
Level 17: Soul Vortex (Fear Machine)
Level 20: Shade Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Fireball (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Flame Prison (Engulfing Flames, Work Up)
Level 29: Shadow Shroud
Level 32: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
Level 38: Sigils of Destruction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Cold Snap Speed (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Earth Flight

Specializations
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Initiative (2/2)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
Avenger: Relentless Assault (2/3)
Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices
Slot 1: Invocation of the Eclipse
Slot 2: Shattering Rain
Slot 3: Banishment

Additional Notes:
The build is Squishy DPS but funFlame Priso ->Fire Strik ->Fire BallSummon Sigils of Destruction on Stealth and when surrounded by mobs

to be continued on next post​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I'm enjoying Soloing Qwarzone dailies with this build
    • Originally a Build was Darkness-Infernal-Fire-Sorcery but Infernal didn't want to synergy well and Condemn was dragging the build for being a waste of power slot.
    • Even though Fire Ball is AoE, it can deal some really good damage against single targets! Avenger Tree Round 'em Up and Preemptive Strike really help it as well
    • This build is using [Qwyjibo's Fury 5], everything to Help Fire Ball DPS
    • I tested the Kidling ADV from Fire Strike and the damage is the same, It adds nothing whatsoever. Also spamming it 4 times to get the buff would be very silly. Is the ADV buff bugged or on different layer?
    • Vindicator-Avenger, It's a Squishy AoE, Dodge and Avoidance from Night Warrior and gear help a little
      AND YES I LOVE Avenger Preemptive Strike spec
    • No PUNNY AD to waste our power slots, We block, self heal and Die like Men. onion-27.gif
    • If I would farm endgame gear for this build it would be Virtuous Gear set. This build needs that Healing bonus
    • I miss Shadow Eruption from the original build! It was good to stay safe from aggroed mobs :(
    • I hate Fire Strike and I didn't want to have another Fire-blast power beyond Fireball, but I had to use it for the best of the build

Pros
    + Stylish
    + Good DPS and viable for Endgame
    + Combines 3 different damage types
    + Fun AoE madness
    + Variety of powers to mess with the mobs

Cons
    - 50 Feet range build
    - Squishy Wizard
    - Fireball's Charge Duration
    - Engulfing Flames 4 stacks bug is STILL annoying and its screwing up with Fan the Flames ADV and rotation until the fake 4 stack gets removed

Rotation: Flame Prison until 3stacks Engulfing Flames → [Fire Strike → Fireball]
    Dropping Soul Vortex always to keep Spirit Reverberation Energy unlock active

Sorcery powers minus the Ultimate and Fire Powers are colored Green
    Darkness Powers are coloured Blue
    Crashing Incantation is coloured Purple-Violet
    • Eldritch Bolts: Energy Builder! For theme
    • Crashing Incantation:. Build's Ultimate! Once again i'm bias because it's one of my favorites Ultimates. Powerful with 2 debuffs (Jinxed & Overpowered) ideal for endgame
      Meteor Blaze also fits the theme but it's
    • Fire Strike: the only service this power has for the build is to trigger Preemptive Strike Spec from Avenger and Refreshing Engulfing Flames debuff with the Fan the Flame adv.
      I tested the Kidling ADV from Fire Strike and the damage is the same, It adds nothing whatsoever. Also spamming it 4 times to get the buff would be very silly. Is the ADV buff bugged or on different layer?

• Night Warrior: This build is using 3 Damage Types (Fire, Dimensional, Magic). No other passive provides this kind of variety (Maybe of Quarry but not a fan). Night Warrior's bonuses help with boosting Fireball's charge slighty faster!
    • Chilled Form: Toggle, Just picking it for the Icon's aesthetic over Constration! No crazy stat build combo this, just a Traditional EGO/REC/CON DPS

IF YOU WANT TO GO COMPLETELY GALAXY BRAIN HOWEVER! and make this build even more complicated Go DEX primary and
      Pre Secondary Stacking for Shadow Manifestation The bonus healing from PRE and Critical would help the builds' survivability TBH
      or
      Rec Secondary Stacking with Fiery Will since 3 fire powers and pick Wildfire on Firestrike to keep Clinging Flames refreshing and maintaining Fiery Will's stacks

I was joking but this actually can benefit the build ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I may need to test that PTS eventually, but not right now.
    • Spirit Reverberation: Energy Unlock, replacement for Circle of Arcane Power and fits the theme and the already energy stats.
      You can Apply Fear and Dimensional damage via Soul Vortex and Shade Storm
    • Soul Vortex: Fire and forget Utility to apply FEAR via ADV and Dimensional DoT, pull the enemies inside Sigils too
      I forgot it had an innate Healing Rune, it won't benefit anyone unless you have Healing bonus gear
    • Shade Storm : Main AoE power, used along Soul Vortex! HUGE FAN OF THIS POWER
    • Fireball: I SUMMON FIRE BALL! The Build's Signature's power
      I like this power a lot, shame DEVs did nothing with it during the Fire Revamp (Illumination and Negative Ion advs? really now?)
      With the Set up it can deal really good damage against single targets and cosmics!
      Eug73pT.png
      N I C E

I really wish it was 100 feet range like Force Cascade and Ebon Ruin :|
    • Flame Prison : AoE Engulfing Flames applier and Restoration ADV! Incapacitated can be good CC to screw up with a lot of mobs!
      COOL POWER! I enjoy! :+1:
    • Shadow Shroud: Just for Aesthetics and Theme! Got bored of Imbue, now that Shadow Shroud got it's aura removed and toned down I can use it for theme! EH, AOs can still be waste of
    • Lifedrain: Keeping the Warlock theme with a lifedrain self healing. Another power which will benefit from Healing bonus equipment
    • Eldritch Shield: RANK 2 because rank 1 visuals are stupidly small :|
      Good theme and good survivability
    • Sigils of Destruction: Nowdays I loathe every Pet power, but those specific sigils have still Charm to me!
      You can summon then while you are in Stealth and surprise the enemies. They also make really good distractions so the mobs can focus on them while you are busy setting up your AoEs

Put it on the end so I can swap it with anything else
    ​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Looks like a pretty cool build for the concept. As far as Firestrike's Kindling adv, I haven't looked at it in a while, but apparently its only 10% +dmg per stack, and that bonus appears to not be +base dmg (ie. it's affected by DR). It is working, and perhaps for min-maxing Fireball's dmg slightly you can take it, but it's not going to boost Fireball much overall and you can prob just save those 2 adv points.

You could use Firesnake w/ adv for putting up Engulfing Flames instead and as an extra dps cd, but Flame Prison is fine for debuffing too if you like the theme and properties of it more. You also don't technically need to use Soul Vortex + SReverb if you just want to throw in something like Flashfire or Wisp w/ adv + TReverb instead, but if it's for theme and cause you want to have Soul Vortex in the rotation anyways then it can be fine as is. Not sure what else to say in general- other than I like Fireball as a power, so builds centering around it are cool w/ me :x
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Looks like a pretty cool build for the concept. As far as Firestrike's Kindling adv, I haven't looked at it in a while, but apparently its only 10% +dmg per stack, and that bonus appears to not be +base dmg (ie. it's affected by DR). It is working, and perhaps for min-maxing Fireball's dmg slightly you can take it, but it's not going to boost Fireball much overall and you can prob just save those 2 adv points.
    You saved me 2 points ADV
    In that case it gets hit REALL HARD by Diminish returns because i get exactly 16k critical (as seen from the picture) even with it
    Oh well, spamming it 4 times is silly anyway :B
    You could use Firesnake w/ adv for putting up Engulfing Flames instead and as an extra dps cd, but Flame Prison is fine for debuffing too if you like the theme and properties of it more. You also don't technically need to use Soul Vortex + SReverb if you just want to throw in something like Flashfire or Wisp w/ adv + TReverb instead, but if it's for theme and cause you want to have Soul Vortex in the rotation anyways then it can be fine as is.
    To be honest I considered this but I don't really trust Fire snake, with experience from both my Inferno and Fire FF build
    I prefer to apply Engulifing Flames manually and refresh them on command with the blast, keeping the debuffs on Loop

The thing is, i didn't went with Thermal Reverb because I wanted to keep half powers Fire and the other Half Darkness and Sorcery for variety and theme sake's (didn't want to deal with Fire patches neither) It's a role
    I thought of Relying only o Shade Storm to apply Fear and Dimensional damage, but when in bosses I only focus on Fireball rotation there would be nothing to trigger Spirit Reverberation so Soul Vortex was the best choice

In general I like to keep theme builds which use multiple powerframes in Balanced number of powers from each
    I like how it fits the theme and looks along Sigils of Destruction and me using Shade Storm

Not sure what else to say in general- other than I like Fireball as a power, so builds centering around it are cool w/ me :x

It's one of the powers I really like, originally was going to use it on my Elemental mage build but I went on different route with him (also needs to be revamped now too)​​
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    To be honest I considered this but I don't really trust Fire snake, with experience from both my Inferno and Fire FF build
    I prefer to apply Engulifing Flames manually and refresh them on command with the blast, keeping the debuffs on Loop
    Alright, that's fair enough. Flame Prison does also give you a AoE hold/interrupt too, and that can be fun to throw in on trash.
    The thing is, i didn't went with Thermal Reverb because I wanted to keep half powers Fire and the other Half Darkness and Sorcery for variety and theme sake's (didn't want to deal with Fire patches neither) It's a role
    I thought of Relying only o Shade Storm to apply Fear and Dimensional damage, but when in bosses I only focus on Fireball rotation there would be nothing to trigger Spirit Reverberation so Soul Vortex was the best choice
    Yea I get that. Having Soul Vortex does keep a bit of that Shadow feel when using the Fire spells- so it's not just a Fire build w/ a Darkness AoE. I tested a prototype of the build out on the PTS and it seemed to work pretty smoothly and w/o any notable energy issues, so it all seems good.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!