test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

old subscriber questions

I used to pay a monthly subscription for this game and I remember it having benefits on what my characters could do or something. Its been a couple years since I played and am curious since it seems completely free to play except for the Lifetime Sub, would coming back f2p allow me to use those characters I created on the monthly sub?

Veteran from 2009 recently returned to the fray.

Comments

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    If the characters are considered "Gold" still, you may find yourself locked out of using them until you convert them to an AT the account owns or by purchasing a Freeform slot ($30 USD) and using the slot to unlock the character to keep them freeform. The Premium Pack, while offered free to previous subscribers, does not allow Freeform/Gold character access.

On the other hand, LTS lets you continue with Freeform/Gold characters unhindered.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • valdariousvaldarious Posts: 24 Arc User
    Ok, thanks for the info, I see this now that I am logged in. Kind of sucks I can't play these characters that was I paying for bitd, unless I downgrade them or pay again for the unlock.

Veteran from 2009 recently returned to the fray.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Not the first person with this comment/complaint. Likely won't be the last.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    valdarious wrote: »
    Ok, thanks for the info, I see this now that I am logged in. Kind of sucks I can't play these characters that was I paying for bitd, unless I downgrade them or pay again for the unlock.

Did you mean you'd have been willing to pay a monthly again? If so, I understand. I personally have a LTS from years prior so I wouldnt bother w/on and off payments. Personally now? I'd say if you're just popping in for a time then leaving, don't LTS
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It costs two months worth of a sub to unlock one freeform slot forever.
    It costs just under 14 months worth of sub time to unlock freeform for every toon for however long the game lasts, along with the other lifetime perks if you catch it on sale.

You can start saving $15 per month right now, just pretend that you are subbing again but maybe play an AT for free instead and get some things that you can save up to give the other toon(s) when you pay for the slot(s)/sub.

Maybe pay for one freeform slot and play your very favorite, and then save up for a lifetime sub when they next go on sale.

A lot of options, and if the game lasts more than another year you pretty much break even if you were willing to just sub each month. All it takes is that you save the "fun money" for a little.
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Go LTS, no need to worry of payments and money.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!