DPS/Support build

shaun98ca2shaun98ca2 Posts: 29 Arc User
Build that supports while focusing on DPS

Super Stats: Main Ego, then Presence & Intelligence

Abilities

1Shadow Bolt (Despondency)
1Shadow Blast (Rank 2, Devoid)
6Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Rank 3)
8Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
11Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
14Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
17Soul Vortex (Soul Drain)
20Inertial Dampening Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
23Dimensional Collapse (advantages)
26Spirit Reverberation
29Ebon Void (advantages)
32Endbringer's Grasp (Rank 2, Rank 3)
35Vala's Light (Light Everlasting)
38Field Surge (Power Swell)

Ego Tree (10/10) Sentinel Tree (10/10) Avenger Tree (10/10) Ego Mastery
Force of Will(2/2) Eternal Spring(2/2) Ruthless(2/2)
Insight(3/3) Caregiver(3/3) Anguish(2/2)
Aggression(2/2) Sentinel Aura(3/3) Round 'em Up(3/3)
Sixth Sense(3/3) Moment of Need(2/3) Relentless Assault(3/3)

So most abilities will be focusing on DPS with a touch of support.

The main support abilities would be Aura of Radiant Protection, Inertial Dampening Field. Plus i have sentinel tree sentinel aura and caregiver to assist a lil too.

So far I feel very strong an durable in combat. Not killing crazy fast but also not deathly slow. I don't care to play a main healer but like my presence to of great use to keep people alive. I can assist in a pinch but its not my main focus. I think I would really shine in a 20 man group where my assisting abilities really would come into play.

Thoughts? Useful? Waste?

Comments

• Options
    leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    You missed your goal : you want to DPS mostly, but you don't have any "good" DPS power, and your form is a support one.

Right now, you're more of a tanky support than anything. I don't trust you when you says you don't kill slowly :p You must be hitting things for like 200 damages with that build. That's waaaaaaaaaaaay far from being DPS.

I suggest you to work around this build if you want an offensive support. It's one of mine, and it's a very offensive healer:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=Sanglots&d=15260F256IJV0610f0L000L303L800LB00LC05LH05LE08K500K403MA03ML03OH04LD04L9050ckr045l00nD60G06050I00&e=

You can change Compassion for Shadow Manifestation for even more DPS power. It's a very durable healer, not because she's sturdy, but because she heals a lot.

You can switch back to AoRP though. I don't have a debuff applier beside a device (maybe difficult for you to get), you can get back the blast from darkness. You can change anything for support powers, but I would suggest you to keep the core of damaging power to reach your goal.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    In the future, I'd suggest compiling your build in the HeroCreator planner and exporting it to the forum post:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206668/herocreator-a-descendant-of-the-powerhouse/p1

Anyways, yes this build is passively very sturdy, but you will be doing very low dps with it compared to other dps units. If the primary aim is to dps, then AoRP, IDF, and the Support role are greatly inhibiting that. As is, this build is quite better at being a tanky Support/healer than it is at being a dps. Even then, in large-group content it's likely there would be other supports w/ your aura, so your aura may not contribute as much (esp if you don't have most of your gear focused on Pres).

Regardless of the build's focus, some other issues:
    - Ranking up the energy builder is generally a waste of points.
    - Field Surge is a pretty weak Active Defense (outside of using PFF as the passive).
    - You prob want a diff ultimate (if you're taking one). To dps or help other dps, I'd recommend one that puts up the Overpower debuff.
    - Your health is going to be a bit low, and although you can get by fine w/o Con SS'd, you'd prob want to rank up your block enhancer for harder content.

If you want to be a committed dps w/ some minor support ability, then you could just make a normal ranged Darkness dps build that has accessory things like an ally res or minor background healing. The focus would still be on dealing damage, and not being tanky or protecting allies, but dps also tend to have more free power slots to work in a few other things. The other general option is to be a support that uses Pres-stacking, a Supprot aura passive, and Shadow Manifestation as the toggle/form (since it scales w/ Pres), if you also want to deal a bit more dps- but then you're still more of a support than a dps (the main benefit to that approach is using the Hybrid role and dealing decent dmg in solo or easier content, if desired).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thanks that's some great feedback. This same build started similar with the focus on support and I found the DPS lacking.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    As an additive to Flowcyto's recommendations, you can trade in your passive with Seraphim, which provides relevant damage bonuses while adding additional Healing. Could make good use of that to make your DPS/Support character.

Also, Recovery as a secondary superstat may be more beneficial than Intelligence since a lot of what Int provides can be obtained through Utility gear. Avoids redundancy/diminishing returns and lets you maintain a higher equilibrium when you're Hybrid (for the extra damage) instead of Support.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    I did change int to recovery. Didn't notice a change in reuse time for some of my cool down abilities. Though at the same time recovery really hasn't made me feel like an endless supply of energy. Wondering if Endurance would suit me better as I do have an energy regen ability.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Oh yea, I forgot to point out that Spirit Reverb scales mostly w/ Rec, so assuming you're proc'ing it then Rec could help in that manner. Either way, having a non-IDF toggle (which you wouldn't need to rank up) can alleviate most energy issues, assuming it fits w/ the rest of the build's framework (and which one fits will vary a bit depending on the role or build focus that you settle on).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Great. Forum ate my post -.-

I was writing:

You're missing your goal. Right now, you're more a tanky support than anything else. And I don't trust you when you say you're not slow to kill (support role + AoRP + IDF + low tier damage power isn't a very effective damaging combo :p)

If you want to work toward a more offensive support, I can suggest you to work around this build of mine:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=Sanglots&d=15260F256IJV0610f0L000L303L800LB00LC05LH05LE08K500K403MA03ML03OH04LD04L9050ckr045l00nD60G06050I00&e=

Very durable because of very good heals. You can switch back to AoRP if you want, and switch Compassion for Shadow Manifestation, for even more DPS power. You can change anything for supports powers (looks like you like bubbles ^^) but I would suggest you to keep the damaging power core if you want to reach a DPS goal.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • Options
    Great. Forum ate my post -.-

I was writing:

You're missing your goal. Right now, you're more a tanky support than anything else. And I don't trust you when you say you're not slow to kill (support role + AoRP + IDF + low tier damage power isn't a very effective damaging combo :p)

If you want to work toward a more offensive support, I can suggest you to work around this build of mine:

Very durable because of very good heals. You can switch back to AoRP if you want, and switch Compassion for Shadow Manifestation, for even more DPS power. You can change anything for supports power (looks like you like bubbles ^^) but I would suggest you to keep the damaging power core if you want to reach a DPS goal.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    So, let me sketch the DPS/Support I'm currently running

Slotted: Ego Mastery (buffs magic/ego/dimensional + 50% buff crushing + some res all)
    Form: Compassion
    SS: PRE/dex/con
    EU: TP reverb

Utility:
    Pillar of Poz (dizzying impact) - applies disorient
    Mental Leech - dependency stacks + triggers TP reverb after Pillar
    Ego Sprites (heal advantage) - another way to trigger TP reverb, plus some heals for me in longer fights and a great way to clear henchmen.
    Endorphin Rush (R2,R3)

Main attack: Chi Fist (R2,R3,Ghostly Strikes)
    Debuff: Open Palm (R2,Force Collapse,Ghostly Strikes)

(Note: Unarmed MA could really use a crushing/dimensional joint debuff)

It's got decent passively occurring heals to nearby allies from rune + dependency. I get pretty good bonus heal off offense. I think I'm currently arbiter/vindicator, which means I don't have a good spec mastery unfortunately. (Not sure there is a good spec mastery for melee without dex or str PSS if you don't use combos, honestly).

That said, it feels a bit of a mess, and the energy generation isn't great. (I'm also in pretty lousy gear at the moment). Thinking about reworking some things. The problem is figuring out if I want to dump compassion or not. (I could pretty easily go with dex-based eu and form for more damage, stack dex/con for stats, but i do like the consistency of tp reverb, and i'd be giving up ~100% bonus heal from compassion).

Also need to figure out if i'm shooting for Justice or Distinguished gear. Both have advantages. (It ends up mostly being a trade-off between severity and defense, of all things).

I originally thought that, when i was putting it together, I'd end up using more darkness powers. As it turns out, i'm only using the lunge, and i don't need the fear i get from that, so i could swap my lunge for hw's for disorient, and drop Pillar and keep tp reverb, but then i lose my healing rune. Another thought I had was I could use the magic gauntlets from Death Rattle, which would give me both a combo (so a use for a spec mastery) and a healing rune (at max upgrade) without needing Pillar, and it would be fully buffed by ego form. (Of course, the more i eject the non-melee stuff, the more ego form looks like less of a good idea compared to actual melee forms).

As I said, it's a bit of a mess at the moment, and didn't develop at all like i originally thought it would. But it at least does work, and i crit reasonably often with chi fist for ~6k on full charge, so the dps is there.