test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 8/1/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2019 in Release Notes
Death Rattle
  • Chapter 3 is now available from Ladyhawke. If you have completed Chapter 2 more than 24 hours ago Chapter 3 will be available from Ladyhawke. This mission requires you to be at least level 20.
  • Added Cobra Mustache and Brass Knuckles costumes as potential drops from Cobra Lords.

Nighthawk
  • The event is over. The vendor will stick around for 1 week.

Onslaught
  • Onslaught bonus currency event will be running for this week!

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the Micro Munitions power disabled active powers.
  • Fixed an issue where some threat reduction mods were not triggering.
  • Fixed a bug where R2 and R3 of Pestilence didn't always trigger its area effect.
  • Fixed an issue where some users were experiencing game stalls when modifying Valiant gear. Known issue: mods are displaying incorrect stats on the Valiant gear tooltips. This is just a tooltip display error.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Correct me if needed but this serial has four parts right? And that the original announcement said we are getting another 4 part mission?
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Really enjoying this serialized content, thank you. :-)

<spoiler>

One question on this new mission though. At the end Ladyhawke says that she was jumped and they got the Matter Energy Converter, but we'll at least now be able to listen in once it's turned on. Then if you talk to her again and ask if the MEC is safe, she says it's safe and sound and they're listening in.

Was the MEC something that you the hero rescued after Ladyhawke lost it and I somehow missed that thread, or as I understood is this something that was stolen from Cambridge Biotech which she was guarding and the post-mission conversation should not say that it's safe and sound, but rather that they are listening in and perhaps know its new location?
  • originalbaxteroriginalbaxter Posts: 54 Arc User
    Thank you for fixing the Dark Illusion mods, they seem to function after this patch.
  • excuse me but I am getting a message that does not let me log in
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    There was an issue where Arc was down, this is resolved now.
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    Major bug: Save the Earth is currently unwinnable. The countdown for the final phase is set to only 5 secs.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    menesh wrote: »
    Major bug: Save the Earth is currently unwinnable. The countdown for the final phase is set to only 5 secs.

The have a new developer who uses metric time, and misplaced the decimal when converting from minutes and seconds to decimoments
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User

The History repeats itself​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I mean... this is what happens when you make such a major update to the alert AFTER it leaves rotation and comes back months later, and nobody test it in PTS

Can we expect an Emergency Patch for this? or at least an extended alert duration after next week maintance​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Chaos got tired. So it's Kouya's turn.
    373fpu.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User

3b37f49850f8530e13c973d64e13cfb8.png​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Did 13 runs today:

1(Tsin'Xing): failed at boss stage because we go over-whelmed by the sheer numbers of mooks
    2(...): peice of cake
    3(Lautna): got to fight my nem, and it was easy.. mostly!
    4(Nelko): ROFLstomped by the mooks guarding the laser
    5(...): went fine
    6(Tanya Wilson): went fine
    7(Phantasma): roflstomped on turrets
    8(...): fine
    9(Pyrana): (my nem)several members of the team got KOed at the boss stage and we didn't managed to DPS the boss down fast enough
    10(...): went great
    11(Kaileia): yet another where we failed at the turrets
    12(...): went fine
    13(Zenoskia): went fine, despite my use of a L26.

The thing with the turrets is the same as before, sometimes it feels like there's a bunch of extra mooks in there. That might just be the way their aggro works, but a lot of the time there's a sea of them. Is it just that ALL the mooks in the entire room are gathered in a single dogpile? not sure..
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    There still seems to be a ongoing issue with log in time outs... today is FRIDAY 08/02/19 @ 10:37 PM central... is this the same issue or a whole different one
  • juicemonster2juicemonster2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here Btw. I Cant log in as well. Played for many years and this is the first time, while the servers are apparently still up. I'll keep trying of course.
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    "unable to authenticate: Connection to account server timed out" <-- since people are screaming about this on the STO forum and the NW forum, and its affecting all three games, i'll just put this here. fix it. fix it. fix it now.

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User

Maybe they could just get rid of it? I can't imagine anyone would miss it if it was gone.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

Maybe they could just get rid of it? I can't imagine anyone would miss it if it was gone.

It's already been fixed. This custom alert is actually one of those that have some challenge. At least it's better than standing around ren cen looking pretty.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

I would miss it seeing as it's the only alert in the game that is both easy,fun and rewarding.

The alternatives are Harmon Labs which is rewarding but boring, and everything else which is boring and a waste of time.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    It's boring because 90% of the time we're fighting non-customizable mooks, which is what we do in the majority of the game (at least until end game). They missed a golden opportunity to make this feel like real Nemesis content by only including 1 Nemesis in the mission. Should have had all 5.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Did 13 runs today:

1(Tsin'Xing): failed at boss stage because we go over-whelmed by the sheer numbers of mooks
    2(...): peice of cake
    3(Lautna): got to fight my nem, and it was easy.. mostly!
    4(Nelko): ROFLstomped by the mooks guarding the laser
    5(...): went fine
    6(Tanya Wilson): went fine
    7(Phantasma): roflstomped on turrets
    8(...): fine
    9(Pyrana): (my nem)several members of the team got KOed at the boss stage and we didn't managed to DPS the boss down fast enough
    10(...): went great
    11(Kaileia): yet another where we failed at the turrets
    12(...): went fine
    13(Zenoskia): went fine, despite my use of a L26.

The thing with the turrets is the same as before, sometimes it feels like there's a bunch of extra mooks in there. That might just be the way their aggro works, but a lot of the time there's a sea of them. Is it just that ALL the mooks in the entire room are gathered in a single dogpile? not sure..

Oh hey Tsin'Xing is you. I was on those first two with you and there didn't appear to be anything different about the instance itself. It was the group that was different. In the first one our tank just tunneled the boss and left the adds to just roflstomp the rest of the party - I noticed your healer getting swarmed quite a bit. In the second one we didn't have a tank, but the four dps we did have weren't letting the adds overwhelm us.

As for the turret room, it's the last thing you said, the entire room aggros and some groups can deal with it and some can't. From what I've seen the entire room eventually aggroing appears to be something that always happens. Initially it's only the first two groups closest to the entrance, but shortly thereafter the back groups always start joining in.

I like the look of that variable success rate. All the Custom alerts should be like this! \o/ ( and then they could raise the reward of Vigilance a bit, maybe add some GCR to it since it's group content ).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    As for the turret room, it's the last thing you said, the entire room aggros and some groups can deal with it and some can't. From what I've seen the entire room eventually aggroing appears to be something that always happens. Initially it's only the first two groups closest to the entrance, but shortly thereafter the back groups always start joining in.
    It's probably just normal npc aggro behavior: if you get into a fight with any member of a group, all members of the group are annoyed. Unless you manage to totally annihilate a group, once you get into a fight, you're going to keep pulling the respawns in because you're still in combat with a part of the group. The back groups will aggro once someone moves back far enough to trigger them.
  • spinnytop wrote: »
    It's probably just normal npc aggro behavior: if you get into a fight with any member of a group, all members of the group are annoyed. Unless you manage to totally annihilate a group, once you get into a fight, you're going to keep pulling the respawns in because you're still in combat with a part of the group. The back groups will aggro once someone moves back far enough to trigger them.

You don't have to attack any of the enemies to get their aggro; my healer constantly gets swarmed to the point where if I let go of block even for a second then I get steamrolled and can't heal anyone.
    You don't have to attack any of the enemies to get their aggro; my healer constantly gets swarmed to the point where if I let go of block even for a second then I get steamrolled and can't heal anyone.
    Someone on your team has to either attack them or get close enough for them to attack. Once that happens, they are aggressive towards the entire team and will respond to healing aggro by eating the healer.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Oh hey Tsin'Xing is you. I was on those first two with you and there didn't appear to be anything different about the instance itself. It was the group that was different. In the first one our tank just tunneled the boss and left the adds to just roflstomp the rest of the party - I noticed your healer getting swarmed quite a bit. In the second one we didn't have a tank, but the four dps we did have weren't letting the adds overwhelm us.
    Tsin'Xing isn't really a healer more of(though she has some heals) a magic DPS who uses AoPM.
    I like the look of that variable success rate. All the Custom alerts should be like this! \o/ ( and then they could raise the reward of Vigilance a bit, maybe add some GCR to it since it's group content ).
    It's not the only failable one, but is it the only one where you DON'T get Vigilance credit if you fail? Because that's why I had those five characters do it twice, I didn't get Vigilance credit.

Malvanum: degrees of success
    Cybermind: technically no-fail since you can keep retrying until the group bails.
    GRAB: no-fail
    Green Dragon: no-fail
    Red Winter: only bad teams fail but it can fail, does it count towards Vigilance if it does?
    Warlord: auto-fails if you party wipe during the boss fight.
    Red Banner: technically failable if the timer counts down.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    It's not the only failable one, but is it the only one where you DON'T get Vigilance credit if you fail?
    FM doesn't give Vigilance credit if you don't beat a particular round, I think the first timed round. The rest of the alerts require you to finish to get credit (Cybermind you can technically retry, but it almost never happens).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    We need more content that you can actually fail, rather than just content where you only fail because people gave up. Like I'm sure heroes giving up because they realize they can't do the thing is something that happens in comic books, but not to the degree this game presents it.
    It's not the only failable one, but is it the only one where you DON'T get Vigilance credit if you fail?
    FM doesn't give Vigilance credit if you don't beat a particular round, I think the first timed round. The rest of the alerts require you to finish to get credit (Cybermind you can technically retry, but it almost never happens).
    IIRC FM requires you to get to the first timed round to get credit. So you only need to beat round 5.

what do you mean by "finish"? get to the end win or lose? Or just win?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    what do you mean by "finish"? get to the end win or lose? Or just win?
    Win. It's inordinately hard to lose at several of them, but you don't need to lose to test that -- just check the point at which the quest completes.
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    phasestar wrote: »
    Really enjoying this serialized content, thank you. :-)

<spoiler>

One question on this new mission though. At the end Ladyhawke says that she was jumped and they got the Matter Energy Converter, but we'll at least now be able to listen in once it's turned on. Then if you talk to her again and ask if the MEC is safe, she says it's safe and sound and they're listening in.

Was the MEC something that you the hero rescued after Ladyhawke lost it and I somehow missed that thread, or as I understood is this something that was stolen from Cambridge Biotech which she was guarding and the post-mission conversation should not say that it's safe and sound, but rather that they are listening in and perhaps know its new location?

At the start of part 2, we learned that information was encoded on the pearls so you collected a bunch of them to see what a complete set of information was. At the end you found out that you had a list of targets who had been hit by the Cobras... all except one entry which had NOT been hit. Yet.

That one entry was a matter-energy converter being studied by a research group.

In part 3 there's an attack by the Cobras on a bio lab, which is odd because they WEREN'T on the list. Ladyhawke thinks it's probably a trick so she sends you, imagining for some reason that she can fight off a horde of Cobras by herself on the authentic target when she never could before.

It turns out she's right and it was just a ruse and the Cobras just clonk her on the head and take the converter. She decides that it doesn't matter because they obviously need a WORKING converter and when they turn it on it will emit a traceable signal you can chase down in part 4.
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Red Winter: only bad teams fail but it can fail, does it count towards Vigilance if it does?

Can confirm that it does not count toward 'vigilance' if it fails, though I would argue that sometimes it can fail on a pick-up group through no fault of anyone's if there just happens to be a bunch of non-DPS on the team. Five healers will probably NOT beat the clock. Still, the point is probably valid as failure is definitely the exception and not the norm.
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure all custom alerts that can fail will not count towards Vigilance if they do. Harmon, I know definitely won't. RW I only failed once and I don't remember if it counted, Hi Pan I never failed.