test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A way to sort costumes?

gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
Not sure if this is possible, and I didn't have this issue before having to reinstall... but I vaguely remember there being a way to sort costumes by name or date or something, somewhat logical.

Currently (after a complete system reinstall) my costume order is all over the place, character names, save dates, all jumbled together. I'm just looking for a simple name or date sort order. I know there's the rename tool if one can get that to work, but I'm looking for something, hopefully, easy to do. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 82 Arc User
    I'm not aware that there ever was a way to sort costumes, it has always done so for me by file name, which included the account-character-date. You could try navigating to the Screenshots folder where those image files live, and sort them differently. Not sure that'll do anything.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    Thanks for replying
    Oddly my list of costumes is all over the place.
    Browsing to the screenshot folder, all files are standard file names (Costume_@HandleName_CharacterName_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_#########.jpg). I can sort them by name, date, ect in file manager but the list in the tailor when I try to load is jumbled all over the place there's no sort to the names nor the dates, it is just a complete mess. Its probably time to try the rename tool again and see if that works...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    There IS an option...

You can archive the costume files you don't want to use by finding the "Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\screenshots" folder and relocating any you don't want to use right now. You can just move them to another file folder. The game won't look for them outside this folder.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    When you load a saved costume (via load in the costume creator) you can see it sorted, at least in my experience.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    There IS an option...

You can archive the costume files you don't want to use by finding the "Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\screenshots" folder and relocating any you don't want to use right now. You can just move them to another file folder. The game won't look for them outside this folder.

Thanks for the idea! This will probably be the easiest way to go with the number of costumes I have!

When you load a saved costume (via load in the costume creator) you can see it sorted, at least in my experience.

Never had the issue before, it always USED to be sorted for me before I had to reinstall... full system reinstall, windows, the works... Thanks Windows updates!
  • mafa1inmafa1in Posts: 35 Arc User
    If I remember correctly the Costume rename tool allows you to change the in game name displayed for the costume, thus controlling the sorting, albeit manually for each costume.