test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10 Year Anniversary Wishlist

lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
What would you like to see for the 10th year anniversary of CO? Post your suggestions here \o/

I'll start by saying Seraphim Wings! (what a surprise) Chewing Bubble Gum emote ,Invisible Jet Vehicle and more Symbols Weapon Skin for Sorcery Powers (give us something like this: )
drstrange_800x669.jpg​​

Comments

• oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    The personal magnifiers.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    All the Champions to sing the Sapphire song.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    All the Champions to sing the Sapphire song.

That's a good one! New song plz​​
    I’d even love to see like Grond take to the stage or Dr.D

Should be a big celebration.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    People complaining less and appreciating the devs more.​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    1) The Personal Magnifiers (Grew bitter waiting for it)
    2) Foxbat dancing with Sapphire at the concert
    3) Onslaught NPC Targets become immune to player healers
    4) Grond Cosmic Revamp
    5) Food weapon unlocks (Chicken drumstick/Ham as a HW mace)
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • For Champions Noir to become an actual thing instead of an April Fools joke; Noir lockbox and costume box and yearly event complete with new enemies.

For devs to take the 7-8 single pistol animations and 3-4 temporary attacks and turn them into real powers.

A revolver fanning maintain attack power ending with barrel smoke, could be added to High Noon or the Recognition Vendor store.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Nemeses Weapon Skins.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    People complaining less and appreciating the devs more.​​

I wish for less to complain about and more to appreciate.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Zodiac sign emblems
    Emote/Stoic - Stoic flight hover for 5 - 10 seconds
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Wands as an emanation point for magic spells.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Guns/blasters/pistols/rifles as emanation points for ranged powers (to make gadget guns)...

NDeZEm2.jpg

Oh, and bigger shield costume pieces...

77lXLHk.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Guns/blasters/pistols/rifles as emanation points for ranged powers (to make gadget guns)...
    NDeZEm2.jpg
    This is a lot like my wand suggestion. Now that I think again the wand thing would work even for some powers that aren't magic.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    A proper set for sci-fi. Laser pistol (single, not dual) powers, short-range teleport lunge, energy/forcefield-themed block with mechanics similar to ebon void, an "energy drain" style lifedrain clone, and many of the high tech gadgeteering powers. Maybe even the non-toggled PA powers could find a home here, too. Healy beams also. As far from fire's design philosophy as possible, too!

Now going way out there, a better power respec system, but I know that'll never happen due to a lack of developer resources.

PS: More shoes/boots with heels pls~
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited May 2019
    NDeZEm2.jpg
    This is a lot like my wand suggestion.

Regardless, it's been a wish of mine for some time. I posted the same idea a couple of years back. I've seen others periodically suggest emanation points for guns/rifles too.... in much the same way that I have seen others suggesting this wand/staff idea over the years.

Let's hope that one of them being implemented would lead to the other happening :)

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Oh, and bigger shield costume pieces...

77lXLHk.jpg

YES! With the exception of 2 shield options (Mechassasin and I think New Age?), most of them are piss poor pot lid sized shields​​
    Skins for swings, like a grappling gun
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    1 Devs token as participation award for all players joining event CC and PTS test. o3o
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    A piece of wood.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    Oh and my third wish, as they seem to come in threes, is for flying animal sidekicks (Loyal Sidekick devices). It's time for the stuffed flying animals to stop being glorified shoulder pads and give us a helping talon in the fight for justice. Options such as owls, falcons, Ravens and tiny dragons would be cool... oh and dogs, just because.

fx6PtrQ.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    (You’re just going to get weird pocket monsters and cats)
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited May 2019
    - For PWI/Cryptic to allow all freeforms made before subs discontinued to be grandfathered in their respective freeform slots.
    - a free freeform slot like November 2016's 2015's gift (Thanks Shadowolf505!)
    - More epic lairs
    - Reworked Sky command / Lemurian Invasion
    - More Spontaneous Open Missions rewarding SCR
    - A Rampage Daily mission
    Post edited by gentlegiantvexx on
  • my wish? make VEXX an ingame CM like he currently is here​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Slight correction Vexx, it was November 2015's gift but everything else I'm on board for!
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    S O T G
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Some things regarding queues! (and one other thing)
    • When a queue pops, it makes a more attention-grabbing sound
    • When a queue pops and you're tabbed out, it flashes the taskbar
    • A fix for the "stuck queue" bug
    • A matching buttcape for the arcane mage crotchcape~
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    My request for this year anniversary: Defender's National Training Program but instead of emotes, you get a Freeform. Level up a character before a deadline and they get a Freeform. Or just give out a free Freeform because this game lasted 10 years, already. They will never do the latter but its worth a shot. The way I see it, this would give a F2P a taste of the most free build in any mmo. Entice everyone else one of the strength of Champions Online by letting these new comers try out the Freeform, just like Black Friday of 2015.
    I strongly support the above. Just let every Silver Account created before the Anniversary month claim 1 FF slot​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    Or just give out a free Freeform because this game lasted 10 years, already. They will never do the latter but its worth a shot.

They've given away Freeform slots at least twice now ( the FF slot bag event, and then at one point they just gave everyone 1 for being logged in during a certain timeframe ), so I'm not sure why it would be impossible that they would do it again.​​
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    This top/vest (Emily Lovett, Talisman…), like other NPC-only pieces released in the event store.

LsQQcI0.pngrv2Yuyj.jpg
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Well... I don't expect a lot TBH!
    A Free-for-all freeform Slot and Exclusive Costume Tokens like the Defender's National Training Program Event! Along with the next Lockbox they are going to rush to meet the deadline

also powerframe revamps, oh please! WHERE is the next Powerframe Revamp pass?
    Every day the unrevamped powerframes feel worse
    tdHAXWX.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • march22nd#1099 march22nd Posts: 11 Arc User
    more glasses with lens options
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    spordelia wrote: »
    This top/vest (Emily Lovett, Talisman…), like other NPC-only pieces released in the event store.

LsQQcI0.pngrv2Yuyj.jpg

THIS!!!!!!!!

I've been asking for this for AGES!
    Cat themed variant of Variable Robot? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited July 2019
    Customizable Sidekicks.
    I could see having the ability to re-costume them, but not customizing powers....

Except maybe travel powers. They don't seem to have any of those except for basic flight which they only use if they absolutely have to. Setting TPs for sidekicks shouldn't break balance. Might require an AI update though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spordelia wrote: »

LsQQcI0.pngrv2Yuyj.jpg

I'd like the Dogz werewolf back hair too. You know the one. The one used by the Ulfhedenars
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Oh and my third wish, as they seem to come in threes, is for flying animal sidekicks (Loyal Sidekick devices). It's time for the stuffed flying animals to stop being glorified shoulder pads and give us a helping talon in the fight for justice. Options such as owls, falcons, Ravens and tiny dragons would be cool... oh and dogs, just because.

Or even "buff pets" like an Eagle that buffs your perception, A Canine that buffs the damage you deal, and etc... The tech for that already exists and is partially in use. Would just need a possible re-skin.

But full on battle animal pets would be cool too.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • gotta catch 'em all​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Customizable Sidekicks.
    I could see having the ability to re-costume them, but not customizing powers....

Except maybe travel powers. They don't seem to have any of those except for basic flight which they only use if they absolutely have to. Setting TPs for sidekicks shouldn't break balance. Might require an AI update though.

...except for Indy Kid, who can't make it through doors half the time because he won't STOP flying.
    • At the risk of this becoming my "personal magnifiers": cruiser-style grav bikes
    • The "make it stop" emote I described elsewhere
    • Beetus' noir thing...I'd still like to see it as its own zone, accessible through Jury's time tunnel in Vibora, but even just a device that brings back that b&w filter from Foxbatcon would be nice.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    1. Remove hybrid role.
    2. Remove pet devices.
    3. Remove pet powers.
    4. Remove sidekicking from all alerts.
    5. Stop fire snake, ball lightning; orbital cannon from running off on it's own.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    nbkxs wrote: »
    1. Remove hybrid role.
    2. Remove pet devices.
    3. Remove pet powers.
    5. Stop fire snake, ball lightning; orbital cannon from running off on it's own.

I FEEL ALL OF THIS IN A SPIRITUAL LEVEL Every single of this!
    Especially the forced sidekicking in alerts which nerf all my lvl 40, screw that
    Counting on Psedo-pets for Fire and Electricity mechanics was a bad idea 👏​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    1. Remove hybrid role.
    Terrible idea for many reasons. Mainly because of just how badly it'd scrw over half or more of the people who play the game.
    2. Remove pet devices.
    No, I like using them. You know this includes sidekicks right?
    3. Remove pet powers.
    NO!
    This is terrible for gameplay balance reasons. Unless you want the enemies to all be skull-level, it's just not mechanically viable.
    Those might be good ideas....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    It ain’t my fault you can’t control your balls
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Hybrid role = bad build that doesn't properly contribute to anything.
    Pet devices hit CC'd stuff, guaranteed; ruining kiga/ape/destroyer.
    Pet powers do the same thing.
    Sidekicking destroys energy mgmt, and makes 99% of builds not function properly in those alerts.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • literally everything you said is provably false - now stop trolling this thread​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    Hybrid role = bad build that doesn't properly contribute to anything.
    Pet devices hit CC'd stuff, guaranteed; ruining kiga/ape/destroyer.
    Pet powers do the same thing.
    Sidekicking destroys energy mgmt, and makes 99% of builds not function properly in those alerts.
    You being bad at the game is no excuse to ruin it for everyone else.
  • sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 137 Arc User

While nbkxs isn't entirely right, he's also not entirely wrong. Hybrid role isn't a good role for anything. Even if you use it to tank it's pretty toxic for the game.
    Additionally pets have bad AI, it's just a fact. Even if they don't hit anything CC'd, they're unreliable, squishy, weak, and not really good for the game at all in their current state.
    The sidekicking thing is a bit of an overexaggeration though and only really affects builds that didn't already have work with energy management. That being said sidekicking is still really wonky and should get its scaling fixed. Alerts still should have sidekicking though, however it should be tiered. 11-20 should SK up to 20, 21-30 up to 30, and 31-40 up to 40.
    The technology is there, the PvP queues worked this way. The rotating alerts should just SK you up to 40 and, speaking of PvP queues, alerts should allow joining in progress at that. I mean people leave alerts all the time. I also think this might help battle leechers too.

Oh, and I also quoted you because that literally has nothing to do with anyone being bad at the game.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

While nbkxs isn't entirely right, he's also not entirely wrong. Hybrid role isn't a good role for anything. Even if you use it to tank it's pretty toxic for the game.
    Hybrid isn't a tanking role, for that aspect it's equivalent to the Scrapper AT in CoH. You wouldn't expect a Scrapper to be main tank either, would you?

Hybrid is the role you pick when you want to be versatile instead of locked in to a single task. You won't be amazing at a given task, but you won't be bad at it either (unless your build is bad, your build doesn't have those powers or you're a bad player). While Hybrid doesn't have a specific upside, it also lacks weaknesses.

If "not being laser focused" is where you go to claim Hybrid is bad, you have the completely wrong mindset to begin with.
    Additionally pets have bad AI, it's just a fact. Even if they don't hit anything CC'd, they're unreliable, squishy, weak, and not really good for the game at all in their current state.
    Squishy, yes. But from (much) earlier dev discussions on the topic this is part of their balancing. Blocking the lifedrain portion of those attacks would be a nice QoL feature that shouldn't conflict with that design.

Unreliable is only true for the uncontrolled ones, controlled pets take more micromanagement but can be quite reliable if you're up to the task. Custom keybinds can help a lot, but it still won't be for those who just want to spam one or two powers for the majority of a fight.

Weak is only if considering their individual performance compared to a build, but if they manage to stay alive (see "Squishy") the combined dps of several pets at once can be specced to be at least equivalent to a dps build. Increasing the damage of pets is a dangerous proposal, as pet focused builds would then run the risk of becomming way too high damage.

Also, the game is more than "Farm Cosmics & Enter Costume Contests". Not everything needs to be tailored specifically to those two aspects.
    The sidekicking thing is a bit of an overexaggeration though and only really affects builds that didn't already have work with energy management. That being said sidekicking is still really wonky and should get its scaling fixed. Alerts still should have sidekicking though, however it should be tiered. 11-20 should SK up to 20, 21-30 up to 30, and 31-40 up to 40.
    That would only work if you did not let 11-20 queue up with 21-30 or 31-40, otherwise you end up with either the lower level players being splatted in higher level alerts or the higher level players steamrolling lower level alerts (even more than what already happens). I doubt there's enough population to sustain that model for much longer than a month or two.
    Oh, and I also quoted you because that literally has nothing to do with anyone being bad at the game.
    And I still stand by that statement.
    Squishy, yes. But from (much) earlier dev discussions on the topic this is part of their balancing. Blocking the lifedrain portion of those attacks would be a nice QoL feature that shouldn't conflict with that design.
    I've seen Lautna's spider-bot survive fighting Gravitar, so it's not THAT squishy. It's mostly the massive AoEs on bosses that kill pets at Cosmics and events. Of course, once upon a time those attacks had a target cap of 25, and pet swarms would body block the blasts entirely in some cases. :p

There are a few cases where hybrid role is genuinely bad, mostly team auras. The rest of the time it's just not the best at anything.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters