test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey guys, longtime player, recent resu... oh. Is Spinny here?

I probably should have made this thread before the sale ended, but, in any event, I never canceled my sub.

So, if I do cancel my sub, how -exactly- do I turn my current gold freeforms into accessible non-sub freeforms? Do I need to convert them to silver archetypes first? Then use a freeform token on them? Or is that middle step unnecessary?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    If you have an empty freeform slot you can just stuff them into that.

Also yes, Spinny is still around. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    so decided to come back to the online fashion show, the former super hero mmo that was chumps.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    so decided to come back to the online fashion show, the former super hero mmo that was chumps.
    So, if you hate this game so badly, why are you here?

Personally, when I quit a game, I quit it. I don't hang around trying to annoy other people afterward.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Maybe he's just so bored on that other game he harps on about so much
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, if you hate this game so badly, why are you here?

Personally, when I quit a game, I quit it. I don't hang around trying to annoy other people afterward.
    I find that people who quit* mmos, but hang around the forums/etc fall into one of two categories:
    • They mostly did quit, but occasionally check back in the off chance that what drove them away has changed and when they discover it hasn't, they make a post about it.
    • They're the gamer version of meth addicts. They genuinely hate the game, but they just can't let go of it, so they continue to play it and remind others just how much they hate it.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    Maybe he's just so bored on that other game he harps on about so much

My question: Is CoH a hard word to say on these forums or...? :tongue: nah, I get it though. I don't hark on CO anymore because it means you didn't quit-quit if you do
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited July 2019
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

My question: Is CoH a hard word to say on these forums or ... ?

If you finish formulating your question I can answer it.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

I did. The question, if we're going to be pedantic then, is why do yall have such a hard time saying the abbreviation, "CoH". You waste time and energy with the whole, "That other game" crap. I can go into the CoH forums and say CO just fine. It won't hurt you :lol:
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Cause in the past quite often when you type CoH or CoX, a bunch of raging CoX-bois show up and start raging. You can say CO just fine over in other forums cause no CO-bois care to rage there because... well why would they? We can say it now though because for now there's a magnet nicely pulling all the COX-bois away to elsewhere.
    edited July 2019

I did. The question, if we're going to be pedantic then, is why do yall have such a hard time saying the abbreviation, "CoH". You waste time and energy with the whole, "That other game" crap. I can go into the CoH forums and say CO just fine. It won't hurt you :lol:

I think you may be looking too much into it and over-reacting, much like that other guy trying to derail this into a CoH thread, which it most decidedly isn't. It's a thread from someone who has some questions specifically about subs in CO. The premise of your "question" is wrong in the first place, however, if you're still confused, then spinny covered it quite nicely....
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Cause in the past quite often when you type CoH or CoX, a bunch of raging CoX-bois show up and start raging. You can say CO just fine over in other forums cause no CO-bois care to rage there because... well why would they? We can say it now though because for now there's a magnet nicely pulling all the COX-bois away to elsewhere.

:+1:

zrdRBy8.png
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    The simple fact of the matter is that the current incarnation of 'City of Heroes' are NOT the legal owners of the property, so to refer to their pirate site by that name is to give criminals a legitimacy that they do not deserve. They're garbage, even if they're illegally providing someone the stuff they happen to want.