test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CO + consoles = bigger player base/revenue?????

This is something I think most thought asked, and I think it's a good idea. Working to adapt champions online to work on console would as another super hero mmo to the consoles. In doing so may generate more revenue like with star trek and Neverwinter. The controls for champions are almost there but with some refining I'm sure it will make a decent splash.

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    They thought it 10 years ago. Didn't happen.
    Would it work in XBOX360 or in PS3?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vincewolftigervincewolftiger Posts: 4 Arc User
    I doubt it could on PS3 or 360 but I'm sure it could on PS4 and Xbox one. The few times I played on PC I used my 360 controller and it worked just fine however the amount of powers might need some work..... Maybe like star treks interface
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    You are technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Unfortunately there are forces in place preventing this from ever happening.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Unfortunately the Ship has sailed and it's too late for CO to come to consoles
    That being said, playing this game with a Gamepad is the best experience (minus the Menu nagivation)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Even if the game released on consoles, you wouldn't seen any increase in the player base when you played. Neverwinter and Star Trek are on consoles, but the console versions do not cross over with the PC version, nor do they cross over with each other.
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Yeah, CO would get a boost in the player-base. As others mentioned, it was in the works for the 360. IGN even has it on their site for the 360 stating "Coming Soon" hahaha..

CO is better than DCUO. If DCUO was PC only, best believe it would also have a smaller playerbase. On the PC side, DCUO was similar to CO, in terms of everyone hanging out in the main hub doing nothing. Que were difficult to get into, so I was forced logged out from being afk too long, did not bother to log back in.

Playerbase activity may have picked up since I last played though. They keep their game updated, so there is always something to come back and do.
  • apolloswill8apolloswill8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still waiting :). I do a search now and again for Champions Online PS4, hoping for something...and this game is 10 years old?
    Unless there are technical issues (and I'm certain it's not a walk in the park to update for consoles) that makes this impossible, it should be a no-brainer.
    DC online have nothing on this game.

Could also be a great testing ground to see if a Champions Online 2, would be do-able.
    I really believe this would do amazing on consoles. It is the best Superhero MMO and co-op game out there, especially if you wish to customize and create your own hero.