test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Angelic build

ares#7140 ares Posts: 40 Arc User
edited July 2019 in Builds and Roles
(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.34:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
Level 6: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 9: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 15: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Ego Blade
Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Stressed Out)
Level 6: Mental Discipline
Level 8: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Expulse (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
Level 23: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2, Rank 3, Buzzsaw)
Level 26: Ego Blade Dash
Level 29: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
Level 32: Imbue
Level 35: Masterful Dodge
Level 38: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
Sentinel: Rejuvenated (3/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Thoughts behind this:

Hybrid-based build, that is intended to be played as a hybrid in every aspect. You do some damage, you heal people, etc. Seraphim buffs your damage and your heals (unless I don't understand what the description says). So, load up on hots that heal my allies + Seraphim + Sentinel Aura and go to town on whatever needs to die. Presence isn't needed, as you get extra healing from 1) your superstats, 2) your superstats again from Seraphim.

Any thoughts on how to improve this and how this would fair in higher end content?

Edit: Ignore talents, leftover from some previous versions
Post edited by ares#7140 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    It's okay for a hybrid-dps, though from a diff angle it's also a sub-optimal dps that can't replace a healer in harder content, nor can it res. Life Essence will also drain your energy pretty quickly here, I'd imagine, and it takes a target and proximity to heal allies with. You also didn't get an EU, and I'd assume you'd want TK Reverb here.

(also, Ascension would prob be more fitting for an Angel in terms of theme, but I understand that Imbue is one of the few good AOs for dps now)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • ares#7140 ares Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I was actually hoping to rely on the Rejuvenated spec to sort of replace an EU for me, but maybe that's a bit too optimistic on my part. Also yeah, it's not intended to be an optimal dps build, nor to replace a pure healer. I guess the idea would be to have it do enough dps to grind through dps checks and clear high end content.

Wasn't actually aware that Life Essence actively drained energy. I figured I needed something to proc Rejuvenated, but I'm not sure if something like Eternal Spring or even the effect of Guide would work there. Some insight could be appreciated.

Edit: If, in fact, guide on its own is enough to proc Rejuvenated and the energy gain from Rejuvenated is enough to replace an EU, then perhaps Life Essence could be replaced by a rez.
    edited July 2019
    Well, at the same time w/o something like LE you lack a non-cd heal for allies. As w/ all builds, committing more to one role will diminish the others, so its kinda just up to you just how much you want to be able to heal/support vs. dps.

Rejuvenated can help if it procs, though the energy return is also kinda small even if its always up. From quick testing, it doesn't seem like Mend procs via Illum can trigger Rejuv, either way. Eternal Spring can proc it, though that takes crit healing an ally, which isn't necc reliable nor efficient if you are also trying to dps.

The hybrid stuff can still work for some content, but there are other approaches you could take. If you want to help support as a unit that's not committed to it, you could just make a normal dps build, but add stuff like an ally res and maybe a backup ally heal. Or maybe try a dual-passive build, though you'd have to be efficient w/ your power choices then.

-
    Anyways, I guess if I wanted to make a Hybrid TK blades build, I may try something that takes adv of Shadow Manifestation scaling w/ Pres as a dps toggle, and it still working w/ TK builds since they use Mental States (though ranged TK is better w/ the toggle giving a higher bonus to ranged). An example of that:

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 8: Shadow Manifestation
    Level 11: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Instill Doubt)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 29: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 32: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire)
    Level 35: Ascension (Judgment)
    Level 38: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Arbiter: Enforcer (3/3)
    Arbiter: Ruthless (2/2)
    Arbiter: Rend (2/2)
    Arbiter: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
    Mastery: Arbiter Mastery (1/1)

Could even fill the slot of a healer when in Support role, though you'd prob want some self-res devices (and being a melee healer can be a bit weird at times, if you're in the thick of things). Dps won't be anywhere near optimal here, ofc, but that's just the Hybrid life. Could also take the dmg shield adv on EBFrenzy for turtling, though that'll lower its dps a bit and take an extra adv point. Gears mostly for Pres, w/ some Con and Rec (and some cost discount on gear).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Taking what you've said into account, this is what I've arrived at. While I do get that I technically have no ability I could use to actively heal any team mates, I guess you could say that it's not exactly what I'm going for. My thinking is that Sentinel Aura + Seraphim + Mend from illuminated + Whatever other passive 0 maintenance HoTs I can bring to the table would just be there to assist in healing whoever is currently standing next to me + tanks while I focus on stabbing things with a flaming celestial sword. Hence I didn't really want to do anything to "actively" support my team. More of a DPS that just sort of supports the team by virtue of just being there, and it's fine if I'm going to be suboptimal as long as I can pull my weight at something like a dino dps check. I think I could aim for Virtuous Gear, try not to hyperfocus everything into dexterity, as I do actually benefit from my secondary superstats in the form of additional healing power and additional critical severity, which is the only additional damage layer I have available to me, since I can't keep Seraphim in a melee dps role.

What hurts me is that I don't really have any CC in this build (Not really a fan of devices, feels cheap to use). I play really only themed builds, but duels can be fun and so I like to make something that can at least put up a fight (which due to what seems to be a very low defensive capability is not going to be this character's forte). Plus a stun is useful for doing QWZ dailies. Don't think there's much room in the build for one, as Dependancy is a fantastic HoT and WotW is required to fulfill the Ascension synergy, plus Illuminated is useful and fits into the low-maintenance healing category. I was also considering Radiant Summon, because it could fit quite well, but I guess the fact that I'd have to resummon it every time it dies (which is often) puts me off, even though it has a healing aura and such.

Also, how good is the Balance advantage for Seraphim exactly? Roughly how much does it benefit the healing aura it grants?

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Agile (Dex: 8)
    Level 21: Tireless (Rec: 8)

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blade
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Thought Sever, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Ego Blade Dash (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 8: Mental Discipline
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 20: Mental Leech (Mental Weakness)
    Level 23: Ascension (Rank 2, Judgment)
    Level 26: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2, Rank 3, Buzzsaw)
    Level 29: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Teleportation
    Level 35: Flight

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Rejuvenated (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    edited July 2019
    Okay, that clarifies it a bit more then. Well, one of the best passive heals is Sentinel Mastery, and you could proc that w/ something like TK Maelstrom and/or a quick single-target stun like EB Astonish- so a stun could be good for other reasons too. You'd have to trade a power slot and Dex Mastery for it, but you could also get Wither in Sentinel spec then, at least (since you prob won't need Rejuv or get much out of it). For PvE I may give up the lunge for it, but its up to you, since one of the issues w/ the build trying to do a lot is that power slots are at a premium.

edit: oh, and as far as Balance on Seraphim, last I checked it wasn't very impressive. From quick testing on the PH, I'm getting ~50 dmg per tick from it in Heroic gear w/ R7 mods & the Hybrid role.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    I'm glad we're both on the same page here ^^
    One other thought I had that I wanted to discuss about Dependancy and Illuminated. Lets say I go into any content by taking up a dps slot, which would make the most sense. Assuming we have a dedicated healer, it's safe to assume that he would make use of Dependancy and Illuminated. I've noticed those specific hots don't actually stack to infinity per se, so maybe by having them I might actually be doing a disservice, because my ticks will very obviously be of lower value. Thoughts on this? Perhaps there are other low maintenance aoe hots that I could use? I also know that Sentinel mastery doesn't stack, which is why I'm not quite sure I want to take, since it will almost certainly be covered by someone else.
    edited July 2019
    Yea, that's fair, though whether the debuffs will be provided by someone else just depends on the content. For Cosmics they should, but not necc for other things. Mend's heal from Illum is kinda minor that it may not matter too that either way. You could consider putting back in a healing rune for melee, I guess. BCR's Gifts can be nice, but will lower your base dmg. Vala's Light is a good pbAoE heal for a melee unit that also has a HoT adv, though it does have a cast time so its prob more for situational use as a dps. There's also the Support Drones since they don't depend on your Pres, though they also will prob just get eaten by AoE. Particle Smash has the Light Everlasting adv (same buff as Vala's adv), for a small AoE HoT (I'm unsure if it stacks w/ other player's, though). You could go for a diff approach and get the Transcendence ult, though it's a longer cd and its usefulness is very context-dependent.

So, you do have some other options, though they all come w/ their limits. Perhaps train all the other stuff and leave a power slot and 2-4 adv points open at the end to able to adjust it, depending on what sort of things you encounter normally in your content runs and what you think could most help in them. Then retraining that power won't be very expensive, at the least.