test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to Champions Online! Been dying for a Superhero MMO!

Hey everyone! My name's Vel, and though I'm not new to MMOs, I've recently found myself hooked to Champions Online. I started playing it a while ago, though I wasn't able to commit to a regular play time due to IRL tingz, but I have a bit more of a steadier schedule now so I'm done dipping my toes into the water and I'm ready to dive in! A little about me: I'm an avid RPer, and have mostly RP'd in fantasy settings (mostly LOTR-related RP), but I've been eager for something a little more modern. I'm also a university student (studying Criminology!), newly married, working part time as a barista and face painter. During my free time, I enjoy working on digital art, gardening, having fun with makeup, spending time at local cafes, exercising, studying astrology, reading into folklore (haven't been doing that much lately though!) and coming up with character concepts for the heck of it. I'm super looking forward to getting to know folks on here and to further explore the game! If you ever see a little black-and-white demon-looking thing named Hype running around, that's me! :)
Tagged:

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Welcome aboard, Vel! You can call me Bul. ;) Sounds like you have a pretty full plate, so it's complimentary you want to spend some of your free time on CO. We'll do our best to make it time well spent. :)

Just FYI, my particular specialty around these parts is Champions world lore. If you have any questions or are interested in any aspect of the setting, I'd be happy to provide info or direct you to where you can read more on any topic. Champions is particularly rich in that regard -- the tabletop pen-and-paper RPG this MMO is based on has been around since 1981, and the current official setting is detailed in literally dozens of books.

Have fun, and see you around!
  • king#5963 king Posts: 1 New User
    Hello. Noob here as well. lol
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Welcome to the game! One word of caution - there's a gathering place in Renaissance Center (RenCen) known as Club Caprice, or CC for short. Only go into the public side of CC if you're aware of and comfortable with furry culture, because there's a lot of it in there and a few of them get aggressive about dragging random people into their ERP. (The VIP section, available only to people with a Lifetime Subscription or LTS, is much quieter - mostly because it doesn't see much use. I personally use it mostly as a quick way back to Millennium City, because I have a VIP Pass that teleports me to the VIP room from anywhere in the world. It's purchasable from a vendor in there.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Eh, while Caprice has its reputation, as of late it hasn't been that bad. You still get your edgelords and godmoders, but that's everywhere really. Your best bet may actually be to seek out a RP Super Group though for more consistent RP. CO's community isn't known for its size, so there might not be much going on in most of the RP Locales unless you've got a group that goes there regularly.

Other than that, welcome... TO YOUR DOOM! *Cough* I mean, welcome to the forums. Yes, the forums.

Edit: Also... Thread Necromancy +1​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Hmm, yes, just noticed those dates myself. Thread Necromancy works best on the anniversary month of the original posting...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"