test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costumes & Auras

areeeareee Posts: 827 Arc User
Wouldn't it be nice if when you changed costumes your auras could change with it.

From Jake ordinary with no auras to Atomic Man with flashy green aura and radiant white spheres speeding around him. Just at the push of a button.

Comments

• stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    I do this by using my builds. One build has, lets say, street clothes and switch to build 2 and have all the bells and whistles.

Not sure if it would work for you. But, it might.

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hello @areee
    A command alias set to a keybind would produce this effect.
    Example:
    These two lines would be placed in the CommandAliases.txt file located in the Live\LocalData folder
    alias land "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ bind f fly"
    alias fly "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 0 $$ bind f land"

The first alias creates a new command called /land this command does 3 things;
    1. Execute the flight power toggle
    2. Changes the costume to the 2nd slot.
    3. Binds F to the command /fly

The next alias creates a new command call /fly
    1. Execute the flight power toggle
    2. Changes the costume to the 1st slot.
    3. Binds F to the command /land

Now a simple press of F key the super dons his cape and takes to the sky. Press F again and he lands changing back into his street clothes.

The "trick" here is you need to know what command sets your aura. Either experiment or ask the developer and hope they have time for the answer.
    More information here.
  • areeeareee Posts: 827 Arc User
    Nope. That doesn't change auras. That is what I am after. Manually changing and not clicking the right spot brings up the popup asking me if I am sure I want to toss my costly aura. Nope.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Assuming you don't play ATs, this is one of the things the builds tab is good for. I don't believe there's another way to swap your gear with a player accessible alias (it used to be possible to do gear swaps if you knew the correct internal name for the object, but that's long gone).
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    areee wrote: »
    Nope. That doesn't change auras. That is what I am after. Manually changing and not clicking the right spot brings up the popup asking me if I am sure I want to toss my costly aura. Nope.

I think you misunderstood, you need to "experiment" and research. That script is an example of flight and changing costumes. You need to bring up a character with a junk aura, typing /gensendmessage aura, will show a list of aura related commands. I could not find anything to transfer the auraslot or otherwise move it. There must be others. I am sure a developer can help in this area, they made this to be programmable for the player, otherwise it would not exist and you would not be allowed to access it. You can send the community manager a PM and maybe they can pass the request up and tell everyone how it can be done with alias command.