test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FlowCyto Appreciation Thread

I think @flowcyto doesn't get enough love on the forums. Always there to provide us with helpful build advice and never asking anything in return, I feel we ought to show our gratitude here in this post. Here's to you @flowcyto, you're the best. :smile:

wwHKcmj.jpg

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    well.. its random, but thanks 8) Speaking of awesome, hope you have awesome day, bud.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Flow should probably be nominated for sainthood because of all the time he puts in helping people on all those builds. Even when I have a build mostly right he always manages to find a way to tweak and improve it. Definitely deserves a commemorative plaque somewhere, maybe in the Power House (I've never actually seen him in game so I assume he lives in the Lemurian PH :) )!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Flow should probably be nominated for sainthood because of all the time he puts in helping people on all those builds. Even when I have a build mostly right he always manages to find a way to tweak and improve it. Definitely deserves a commemorative plaque somewhere, maybe in the Power House (I've never actually seen him in game so I assume he lives in the Lemurian PH :) )!
    Nah, the Crisis version of Vibora :D

Seriously though.... his work is greatly appreciated.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Absolutely, the guy never fails to deliver and has helped me many times. A great asset to the community :+1:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Flowcyto is always jonny-on-the-spot prompt when someone requests build advice. What I admire most is that his input never questions why someone wants a particular build concept, or whether it would be good or appropriate. He just tries to help them get wherever they want to go. That's the mark of someone who truly wants to help, rather than show off his knowledge and cleverness.
    edited June 2019
    I like theorizing over builds/specs in the games I've played, and CO's customization is still impressive. I don't play the game much anymore, but we have a good community here and I do still want CO to stick around, so I'm happy to lend help when I can. Thanks again, all, and have fun out there B)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • bughousebughouse Posts: 105 Arc User
    Truly a great help, inspiration and all around awesome individual.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I don't play the game much anymore, but we have a good community here and I do still want CO to stick around, so I'm happy to lend help when I can.
    This right here makes it even more impressive, as generally I find that when people quit games, they just uproot their presence entirely. The fact that you still stick around and help despite that makes you the best doggo. You deserve endless amounts of pets and treats. :D
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    flowcyto is truly awesome, he helped me several times already! and always with excellent builds, btw :D
    *moving hands to send appreciation waves*
    aesica wrote: »
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I don't play the game much anymore, but we have a good community here and I do still want CO to stick around, so I'm happy to lend help when I can.
    This right here makes it even more impressive, as generally I find that when people quit games, they just uproot their presence entirely. The fact that you still stick around and help despite that makes you the best doggo. You deserve endless amounts of pets and treats. :D
    Well, it does mean I have to defer to others when they are talking about newer content, but part of having a good community is that I know there's plenty of other players can cover those sort of things well.

And this will also be Flow Appreciates Aesica in His Own Appreciation Thread, cause your update to the builder makes my and everyone else's lives much easier. Definitely can't thank you enough for that, so cheers! :+1:
    clinking-beer-mugs_1f37b.png
    edited June 2019
    What I always appreciate is the give and take discussion on builds. Understanding why something is better is better than being told to shut up and do it that way :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    What I always appreciate is the give and take discussion on builds. Understanding why something is better is better than being told to shut up and do it that way :)
    Which also makes playing the build so much easier. It's kind of useful to know why all the stuff is there when playing a build.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Huge amounts of Respect for Flowcyto from me :+1:
    When I first start playing with FF Builds, his forums posts and builds links were extremely helpful to help me understand the settings. I learned so much and understound about set ups and power mechanics that I can make my own theme FF Builds now while being both efficient and theme friendly

In fact I still have the Build Dump google DOC Bookedmarked on my browser 5 years now, and i still use some of those builds (the Earth-Manipulator being one of my favs)

I may not have shared a lot of my own theme builds but when I did he was there to help me and provide feedback, and helped me with a dilemma about a specific theme build

His feedbacks on other threads have provided me with such rich hindsights for old and new builds.
    You are a Legend, thank you for sharing your build knowledge with the community
    498.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    *Claps* Well deserved!
    edited June 2019
    Thanks avianos :) Yea, I had to get rid of the links to some of those docs cause they just had too many old builds and I didn't want to mislead people that were less familiar w/ all the revamps we've gotten since then, but glad they still had some use :+1:

And thank you to everyone else.
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fhips.hearstapps.com%2Fwdy.h-cdn.co%2Fassets%2F17%2F39%2F1600x800%2Flandscape-1506709524-cola-0247.jpg%3Fresize%3D768%3A*&f=1

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    You know, I never actually seen you in game. But yeah, its great that you have been helping players build their builds.
    Who thinks Flow should post the build for what he considers his Main for us all to evaluate? ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited June 2019
    qawsada wrote: »
    You know, I never actually seen you in game. But yeah, its great that you have been helping players build their builds.
    These days, when I play CO its mostly in the PTS to browse the newer stuff or to test something out in the PH. Even old things have to be revisited cause CO has so many power interactions and whatnot, but that's what also makes it interesting :)
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Does he even have a main?
    Not really; I had pretty severe alt-itis back then, such that I never really committed to a character. I'd usually just get them a mix of some lvl 38-40 AH gear and some heroics, slap r4-5s on them and soon move on to the next. My first character when I started after On Alert, though, was a Master AT I bought. I wanted to punch and kick things since I didn't try a Monk in WoW. I guess for a while I thought he was going to be my main, but then I subbed, stumbled upon FFs, and my fate was sealed :x
  • As far as I'm concerned, Flowcyto is a pillar of the community.
  • supremewomansupremewoman Posts: 11 Arc User
    I needed some build advice the other day
    and flowcyto was very helpful. He did came to my house and ate all my dog's food tho. This made me very upset and tried to stop him.I was very lucky to have the invul passive he recommended or else, he would've have bit my arm off!
  • piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
    Couldn't put a build together to save my life. Flow has helped so much bringing my concepts to the game, from the simplest ones to more complicated ones, and has always been patient in doing so! Thanks Flow!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!