test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sith TK Blades

nafeariannafearian Posts: 48 Arc User
Hi, looking for a solid TK blades DPS build for a Sith themed character. Would like to put emphasis on build efficiency rather than theme for this one, so no need for extras like 'lighting arc' or any force powers etc.

Any help would be appreciated! :smile:

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Okay, here's a pretty standard TK blades dps build:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=12730iKPGaLQ000000F000F209FA03FB00FG00F50HK503FP05FF00ON01FE05FO041L00FW0B0mUC42kg11KW40000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Mental Discipline
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Mental Block)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Thundering Return
    Level 38: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2, Rank 3, Buzzsaw)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Uses EBFrenzy for AoE, and alternates between Ego Weaponry and EBA for single-target dps. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec.

(edit: fixed typing 'TKA' instead of EBA)
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thanks again for the build Flowcyto! Just tried it out in the PH with the character and had a few questions about it:

- I have in the past almost invariably taken strength or ego for DPS characters as they seem to be the range/melee dmg impacting stats. Taking Dex as the primary SS is obviously going to increase crit output through frequency/severity, however, will it boost the actual powers damage? I noticed when you run the mouse over Dex PSS it says '+ all damage strength' - is that the same thing? Does that mean if I took Recovery/Endurance etc as the Primary SS that stacking them would then boost all damage strength also?

- I'm confused as to how Ego Blade Assault works, I repeatedly attacked a test dummy with 5 stacks of leech active. It would always consume the stacks, but would somtimes crit for 1 hit of 8-10k and other times hit for twice within that range, which is obviously quite a large difference in DPS output hitting for 10k rather than 18k.

- Would Dex mastery not be better for DMG rather than the Warden Mastery? If Ego Blade Annihilation is the main source of single target damage wouldn't it be better overall to have the extra 10% critical severity and whatever extra bonus the 20 dexterity gives across the board?

- because I always use devices for Revives, that leaves me a power slot free. I was thinking of taking Masterful Dodge for a bit of extra survivability but are there any other powers that you think would be more useful/the build would benefit more from?

Thanks for all your help!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    - Yea, taking anything as an SS means you get additional bonuses when stating for it (indicated in yellow text on the character sheet). The type or amount of bonuses depend a bit on the Role you're in, but +dmg is always one of them. Gearing for more of your 3 SS's also boost your slotted passive (main exceptions: Defiance always only scales w/ Con, while the ally bonuses to Supprot Aura passives only scale w/ Pres).

- EBA has both its upfront dmg and the rupture dmg (labeled as 'Ego Annihilation' in the combat log) for using the ELeech stacks- and it also applies a DoT w/ a duration based on the stacks consumed (also called 'Ego Annihilation'). These effects hit separately, and sometimes the rupture's hit may be delayed by a bit of lag.

- I'm unsure which may be better overall, since the combo will still be a good portion of dmg, but you can always parse it to see which ends up on top. Keep in mind that you usually want to skip gearing for severity rating when taking Dex Mastery, so the best gearing may be different for them.

- rank 1 MD is a fine pick. You already have an ult and an AO, but if you wanted more dps w/ a 2nd AO you could take Imbue. Or maybe go for more offensive utility w/ TK Maelstrom's stun and burst ELeech stacks, or TK Wave w/ adv's AoE pull-in, or adding another self-healing source, or w/e ya want. It somewhat depends on what other aspects of the build you want to shore up.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks again for your support on this!
  • Options
    sure thing; hope it works well for you