test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

random mission generator

psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 725 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Suggestions Box
Have a way to generate random missions, like the ones that citizens drop once in a long while. But add, nemesis special missions to it after so many normal ones. This would help people who solo and casuals as well who don't have the time for gathering a shrinking player base to get a group. I have countless times logged on unable to do a single alert for questionite or other wise, also doing the save the earth and others are just tiresome. Overly hard and tedious just so i can get enough "special " coin to unlock a weapon skin which has no impact on anything but looks.

Comments

• langollerlangoller Posts: 2 Arc User
    this is true what is said above, groups are hard to come by in a declining base of players interested in these runs or are gone.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Why should they put energy into something for someone who has abandoned this game for pirated CoH?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Why should they put energy into something for someone who has abandoned this game for pirated CoH?

Well that sounds like a personal vendetta. Overall though, a random mish generator WOULD help CO long-term. Childish behavior on both ends is why suggestions kinda turn into argument threads and/or become stagnant.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Fun fact: Help a Citizen missions are a triggered event. It doesn't actually require YOU to trigger it. The civilian that got rescued will talk to any hero in range, but try to follow the hero that saved them.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Isn't the way to generate random missions that someone makes the randomly generated missions parts first?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I don't think there's a random map generator but there's a bunch of existing maps that could be stolen and modified to place mob groups of a random type.

On the other hand, I don't see the point. You're basically getting the equivalent of Unity hotspot missions, which are already mostly abandoned.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Randomized content is generally pretty low-quality, and in CO's case, it would be especially bad due to the lack of developer resources available. It'd be better for them to just clean up the aforementioned Unity stuff, or tone down the QWZ a bit to make it accessible to more people. There's a reason why, despite the decent quest rewards, the QWZ is mostly unplayed.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    QWZ isn't actually hard for a team of 2, the problem is that people mostly don't want to team for basic farming content.