test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190612.9 - Death Rattle Serial

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Death Rattle
  • Chapter 1 of the Death Rattle serial is on PTS! Talk with Ladyhawke by the powerhouse to get started. Players must be at least level 10 to get the mission.
  • Added Melee Weapon Aura: Sorcery to the PTS vendor. There is currently only 1 aura for the right melee weapon in the store, but more will be added. Please try this out! Known issue: Laser Swords currently do not work with this item.

UI
  • Added map icons for Arcana Library, Mystic Foundry, Mutations Lab, Inventions Workshop, MCPD Special Armory, Fighting Dojo, Sherrera's Bar and Carl's Gym.
  • Updated Inventory tabs to grey out if not active.
  • If you have an invalid build, your powers button on the minimap will be red and give you a warning about your build when clicked.
  • Updated the invalid powers warning message from trainers to state that players won't be able to view or use any of their costume transformations until their build is valid.

Note: With the change to Costume Transformations on PTS being colorable, players MUST have a valid build in order to view and use any Costume Transformation. If your build is invalid, any Costume Transformation will not be available until you reset your powers.

Builds can become invalid when changes are made to powers that affects their tiers, power progressions on archetypes are changed, or when advantage costs are changed, as well as other reasons.

If your build is invalid, you are automatically granted a free respec. Simply go to the powerhouse, click remove powers, and use the reset powers button.​​

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    O3o Well that's a thing.

EDIT - pts not letting me in tho u3u boo
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I see a problem right at the beginning. Ladyhawke introduces herself as being from Bunker Buster. However, I tested this on a lvl 13 character who is thus incapable of having a Nemesis. It might be best, timing permitting, to have alternate text based on if you have or have not run Bunker Buster. Or at least if you're less than level 25.

While I'm somewhat guessing you're going to move her, I'm going to at least note that her current contact location is problematic for any events. I don't 100% know where to suggest or is you already have ideas where to put her.

Difficulty seems fine. It can snag some lowbies but it is beatable. If anything, reaching the mutation lab is probably the most dangerous thing and that just means smart use of your travel power or vehicle.

It's minor but leaving the door of the warehouse puts you out at the window you snuck in, instead of an actual door. Merely noting it since the game can change your exit location from where you entered.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    So, is SCR dropping from the mobs intentional? This feels like Steel Crusade.
    Kinda does in a way but I feel a Steel Crusade comparison is a compliment. Discovered one more typo: Ladyhawke says to meet her downtown but the lab is in City Center.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    While I can pass on the Vibora Bay style '7 large rooms with six groups of mobs each' style mission filler, one room with three mob groups seems a bit of an overcorrection in the other direction.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    So I've been testing the Melee Weapon Aura and it seems to stop activating when you use a non-weapon power throughout the combat.

Example:
    1) Arc of Ruin (aura triggers) > Haymaker > Arc of Ruin (aura doesn't trigger)
    2) Haymaker > Arc of Ruin (Aura never triggers)

It's the same with blocking powers like Guard.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Agreed. This first bit of combat might use a little spicing up.
    While I can pass on the Vibora Bay style '7 large rooms with six groups of mobs each' style mission filler, one room with three mob groups seems a bit of an overcorrection in the other direction.

After the combat and in the interaction with Ladyhawke in the warehouse there is a reference to a pearl, but I never actually picked up a pearl. Ar first I was confused and looked around my inventory for said pearl (thinking that it might have automatically gone there) but did not see one. Maybe the pearl should be a drop from one of the Cobra Lords that the player has to actually pick up?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    The pearl does go into your inventory. It's just that the new inventory setup has a dedicated tab for quest items. You also get a quest item for her hologram.

The combat is odd since I notice the enemies do change attacks based on your level. I don't know if it scales up even more with a team or not.

-Sterga
  • Maybe one or two more mobs in the warehouse. I had a level 40 Devastator who ate even the leader for lunch.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Still not used to the new tabs!
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    The pearl does go into your inventory. It's just that the new inventory setup has a dedicated
    tab for quest items.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Glad to see new content! Took the mission with a L40 I'd copied over to PTS. Would second that if you have not done Bunker Buster, perhaps her intro text should conditionally change to a first time introduction.

I automatically looked for a door at first to get into the mission. My bad - found the window after a minute. :-)

The holo-cast from Ladyhawke at the start was cool. Listened in on the Cobra Lords, then interrogated them. Was surprised to see the Cobra Lords' new abilities. Perhaps I missed it, but I wasn't entirely clear on this whole pearl thing - was that a part of the conversation I missed? Went to the invention workshop to conclude the story and understood that the pearl was the key to the next stage, but perhaps I missed mention of it while in the warehouse?
  • I think the pearl is our version of an Infinity Stone …
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Why not Lady Rocket Hawk?
    latest?cb=20100531013636

I don't even remember seeing Ladyhawke....
    And costume update would be nice.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Really excited for the new story missions. Will these be repeatable, or a once and done type of progression?
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I don't even remember seeing Ladyhawke....
    She's one of the random heroes from the lab. I think you only have a 1/3 chance of running into her (there's 2 lab heroes, but I think one of them is always Golden Avenger who gets zapped, the other you rescue and is one of three).
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    bugs:
    Interaction volume for the entry window doesn't always work unless you're standing just right. I tried it on the box at some points and it didn't let me enter.

typo: "We're gonna another bank."
    Vc8B0XN.png

seems odd that the guys talking can spot me from the rafters if I stand above them, meanwhile these two brawling guys don't aggro even while their friends a few feet away are murdered.
    They also will turn to face you, meaning they don't exactly look like they're fighting one another...
    IuJLr2G.png

Ladyhawk asks me to take the pearl to a downtown lab, but the waypoint is in city-center. Pretty sure this was a placeholder location though so
    HT4EUN0.png

can see the regen dummy I'm being lead to speak with once I complete the mission if I hover over them on the mini map:
    iwWqORk.png

Double-clicking on items in the mission item inventory causes them to disappear. If I do this, I cannot enter the mission-version of the lab.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    Ladyhawke is an awesome name for a hero ... she totes deserves a cooler costume than the 'mrs. foxbat' look-alike she is currently sporting.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Maybe she should have a black wolf companion running with her....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.