test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190612.4 - Gear Updates/Lockbox Updates/Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Circus Malvanum
  • Added knight Helmet, Regal Knight helmet, and Knight Collar costumes to the event store.
  • Added Cryogenic Steam Bike to the event store.

UI
  • Updated the landing page to display ongoing events instead of current alerts.
  • Fixed a bug where Zen items displayed could have overlapping text in the landing page.
  • Added a view release notes button to the landing page that open up the release notes forum section when clicked.
  • Added view release notes button to the overview window.
  • Renamed Open Calendar button to Alerts Schedule.
  • Renamed Active and Completed tabs to Active Missions and Completed Missions.

Alerts - Save the Earth!
  • Added cutscenes.
  • Made it so the mission display states to defeat the Nemesis during the final part. Other completion routes are still doable.
  • Added an overhead icon to the Nemesis to make it easier to find them.
  • Defeating the Nemesis now automatically completes the alert.

Items
Threat Reduction Mod
  • Now grants a small amount to your Primary Super Stat when dealing damage with the mod's damage type.

Distinguished Gear
  • Added additional CC res to Distinguished Armor of Agility
  • Added additional Defense to Distinguished Armor of Freedom
  • Added additional Defense to Distinguished Gloves of Offense
  • Increased Superstat set bonus by 10.
  • Doubled Defense set bonus.

Mercenary Gear
Mercenary Gear acquired from Lockboxes has been renamed to Remarkable.
Set Bonus:
  • 2: +10% Resources
  • 3: +10% Questionite

Heroic Gear
Set Bonus:
  • 2: +500 Health
  • 3: +5 All Stats

Lockbox
Adventurous Gear
Green Quality
Can be found in upcoming lockboxes paired with Common Mod Box drops.
Set Bonus:
  • 2: +20 Energy
  • 3: 10% chance for +Energy on attack

Fortuitous Gear
Blue Quality
Can be found in upcoming lockboxes paired with Rare Mod Box drops.
Set Bonus:
  • 2: +30 Energy when you defeat a foe
  • 3: +250 Health when you defeat a foe

Valiant Gear
Purple Quality
Levels with player
Can be found in upcoming lockboxes paired with Great Mod Box drops.
Set Bonus:
  • 3: +50 Energy

Great Mod Box
  • New very rare drop from upcoming lockboxes. Contains 5 basic Rank 7 mods.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    so much gear, so many buffs, OH WAIT
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Alerts - Save the Earth!
    • Added cutscenes.

tenor.gif​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • why would you rename the mercenary pieces, especially after adding set bonii like that? seriously, more pay practically screams MERCENARY​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    There are 2 sets of Mercenary: from the Questionite store and from Lockboxes. The lockbox version was renamed.​​
  • wolfrisgerrwolfrisgerr Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Sorry for my English writing skill.
    Distinguished Gear
    ...​​

These changes are good, but for those who already got justice gear for their tanks this might be a big problem... Re-farming 1500 scr/750gcr and have to take all 12 mods out which took very long and a big resource sink. Can you give us some way to swap them around?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Hm. Patch notes are slightly wrong; +20 all superstats (on distinguished) is +5, not +10, and 64 defense (distinguished set bonus) is 50% more, not 100% more.

Distinguished defense might be slightly overpowered; agility is getting +38 crowd control resistance for free (its stats were previously identical to agility from other sets), freedom is getting +38 cc resist, 70% knock resist, at a cost of 184 hp. Might reduce the cc/knock resist, the complaint was mostly that the extra resists were at the cost of useful stuff so people shouldn't complain if the extra resists are reduced.

The reduction mods are now also roughly half of a superstat core. I might consider them for my icicle who has no threat wipe.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    qHXCMoS.jpg
    Anyways, it nice that you buff the Distinguished Gear. It was pretty laughable when a set meant for tank has a defensive part's defense LOWER than the other two GCR gear. The Release Note Button is a most definite welcome.

Now then, for the other set piece, lets compare Heroic and Valiant:
    MP5BIOS.jpg
    Yeah, unless Valiant has a drop rate of a Legion Set in the previous Lockbox set, I still think the SCR is not worth spending on Heroic, even for the benefit of adding what is equivalent of a R4 growth mod if you wear 2 piece. With that in mind, I assume you're going to add set bonus to all other gears that spread throughout the game, like Warzone merc gear, the Scarlet Gear, the Vik Gear, The Nemesis Merc Gear, and the Bronze King Gear?

Oh and the Confront mods have superstats added on to it. This was not mention in the note.
    Sorry for my English writing skill.
    These changes are good, but for those who already got justice gear for their tanks this might be a big problem... Re-farming 1500 scr/750gcr and have to take all 12 mods out which took very long and a big resource sink. Can you give us some way to swap them around?
    Well for justice, you're already hitting harder than the other two set, and you need that extra damage for more aggroing power. You can also slap in an offense passive, make a DPS role, and switch to dps on demand while there are other tank role in the raid.
    qawsada wrote: »
    Well for justice, you're already hitting harder than the other two set, and you need that extra damage for more aggroing power. You can also slap in an offense passive, make a DPS role, and switch to dps on demand while there are other tank role in the raid.

That's wasn't the way to fix it, because for a DPS role we surely have another toon for that purpose. Not to mention that tank requires more effort on gears and mods but now if we aim for best (or actually the one "feels" best) we have to redo everything again. Its like a power change without giving a free retcon but much more than that.
    That's wasn't the way to fix it, because for a DPS role we surely have another toon for that purpose. Not to mention that tank requires more effort on gears and mods but now if we aim for best (or actually the one "feels" best) we have to redo everything again. Its like a power change without giving a free retcon but much more than that.
    There isn't much to fix since the Distinguished Gear was consider underwhelming after the loop was fix. For all general purpose, you can still use Justice to Tank content in the game due to giving the user a bit more dps, and every dps counts in building aggro. I suggested Dual Role if you don't want to leave your justice in the bank and put it to good use. If you're doing cosmic and if there is already a tank present, you can switch your tank to a DPS role with the justice gear set and deal a good amount of damage if you gear that justice set specifically for dpsing.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Items
    Distinguished Gear

Feedback achieved! \o/

I like this. CC res is pretty yawn, but it's going onto the Agility piece so that makes sense. Yey for more defense \o/

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnno. You made your choice. Your tank isn't suddenly broken because they're wearing Justice. I am happy to see someone immediately lamenting not having Distinguished on their tank though, feels right.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Where is the box costume?
    [NbK]XStorm
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    NEAT! It's the Knight Helmet NPCs and Pets are using
    Alerts - Save the Earth!
    Added cutscenes.
    ee0.jpg
    Items
    Distinguished Gear
    Added additional CC res to Distinguished Armor of Agility
    Added additional Defense to Distinguished Armor of Freedom
    Added additional Defense to Distinguished Gloves of Offense
    Increased Superstat set bonus by 10.
    Doubled Defense set bonus.
    https://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs
    YES! THAT'S THE GOOD STUFF! RIGHT HERE!
    My tanks are stronger and now I'm motivated to farm Cosmics again
    Heroic Gear
    Set Bonus:
    2: +500 Health
    3: +5 All Stats
    VERY GOOD! THANK YOU!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    spinnytop wrote: »

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnno. You made your choice. Your tank isn't suddenly broken because they're wearing Justice. I am happy to see someone immediately lamenting not having Distinguished on their tank though, feels right.

I think you get it wrong, its not like I have choices before this change since the gears had less defense than Justice gears. It's surely not broken but when I trying to build up a character I want it to have best items suit it, but if they didn't change anything then i'll just have to grind another month for GCR....which is just ...sad.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    You've been fooled then, if you wanted the "best" gear for a tank. Justice has always been the least tough of all sets, even after the wardicator loop fix.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I like the changes, especially to Distinguished Gear and with the new Great Mod Box. Good changes all around to me. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Thank you, these are great gear changes. A few questions though based on a quick look on PTS:

Items
    Distinguished Gear

Bug. Contrary to these notes, it looks like the Superstat bonus was only increased by 5 rather than 10 and the Defense bonus by about 50% instead of being doubled (It was +42 IIRC and is now +64). Is this a change list issue or a bug on the test server?

Suggestion. An actually doubled Defense bonus on this gear would certainly help make a wider variety of tanks viable in the end game and would be more competitive with Virtuous' 10% damage resistance increase.

Heroic Gear
    Set Bonus:
    • 3: +5 All Stats

Bug. On the test server, the bonus is +300 Health instead of +500 Health.

Post edited by phasestar on
    edited June 2019
    I think you get it wrong, its not like I have choices before this change since the gears had less defense than Justice gears. It's surely not broken but when I trying to build up a character I want it to have best items suit it, but if they didn't change anything then i'll just have to grind another month for GCR....which is just ...sad.

Gonna have to correct you there. Distinguished had better mitigation than Justice, and Virtuous had better mitigation than both of them. So you actually did have choices, and you chose the one with the lowest mitigation. The link in my signature about gear contains information from when I tested this.

So right now you have the lowest mitigation gold-tier set, and you're fine. So you'll be fine farming for the next month to get that Distinguished. Also you have the option of just not doing that if it seems sad to you. Your choice.

Furthermore, I have toons where I have 2 sets of gold-tier gear. I had to farm twice, and so do you. Difference between us I guess is that I don't think playing the game to get stuff in the game is sad... I'm actually quite happy when they give me a reason to dive into content again ^_^
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    I agree with Spinnytop on this - it's just good news that they are buffing some sets and bringing Distinguished into line with the others in its own niche. Justice is still a great set of gear and you don't need to get Distinguished, but I would feel the same way if I chose to - that I'm glad they're giving me a reason if I'm interested in that.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Repeat after me: "Cryptic Math"!
    phasestar wrote: »
    Contrary to these notes, it looks like the Superstat bonus was only increased by 5 rather than 10 and the Defense bonus by about 50% instead of being doubled (It was +42 IIRC and is now +64). Is this a change list issue or a bug on the test server? An actually doubled Defense bonus on this gear would certainly help make a wider variety of tanks viable in the end game and would be more competitive with Virtuous' 10% damage resistance increase.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Circus Malvanum
    Distinguished Gear
    ​​

Huzzah! Our prayers have been answered, Distinguished tanks! \O/
    Now would it be possible to
    Suggestion:
    Add that same defense to the Healing gloves too
    , please~?
    Eh, the healing gloves already have healing bonus on them, they give plenty of survivalabilityness.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    So, uh. Does the timer start before or after the cutscene? Or is this gonna be like FM?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    Alerts - Save the Earth!
    • Added cutscenes.
    ​​
    Given that my stance on cutscenes in alerts is "Dear god, NO!", this is probably going to keep me away from that alert.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2019
      Distinguished Gear
      ​​

Can you please stop making tanks even more overpowered? It already takes zero effort to be good at playing tank characters, this only further widens the gap between damage oriented and meatshield playstyles.
    • blackout1976blackout1976 Posts: 6 Arc User
        Distinguished Gear
        ​​

Can you please stop making tanks even more overpowered? It already takes zero effort to be good at playing tank characters, this only further widens the gap between damage oriented and meatshield playstyles.

If making changes makes more people want to develop an end-game tank and that means less time standing around at Dino with 25 DPS waiting for at least 2 tanks to show....then hooray!
        (a) non-tanks can use this gear, (b) the usual home of incompetent players is hiding in the dps pile, not doing something useful like tanking, so the evidence doesn't support being good at tanking being zero effort.
      • atherrisatherris Posts: 27 Arc User
        edited June 2019
        Kinda getting the impression they haven't tried tanking something large... or while tanking something large, not having experienced some random lag spike and failed to block something, not that the extra stuff from the set will do -that- much about that... Also, why not make the gear aimed for tanks actually work for tanks better than the gear aimed more for healers? Rather than just having it there, feeling obsolete to many players.
        He probably complaining about how the buffed gear is unbalance in PvP.
      • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
        Speaking of gears, Why don't we add Distinguished Precision gloves? I mean, there's really no point on getting high Offense anymore.(seriously, wth is Offense for anyway?) Crit chance would help tanks maintain aggro and chance for criitical self-heals.
        mfZ37eB.png
        Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
        DeviantART|FurAffinity|
        Twitter
      • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
        Great, save the Earth, the absolute worst alert in the entire OnAlert system, just got worse.
      • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

My tank in Justice = 88% damage resistance
        My tank in Virtuous = 87% damage resistance + "10% damage resistance"
        My tank in Distinguhed = 115% damage resistance

My tank in Justice vs unsplit Dino bite = 9k
        My tank in Virtuous vs unsplit Dino bite = 8.6k

O M G OP MEATSHIELD

plz pass the salt to tenderize the meat o3o​​

You get the award for biggest over-reaction to a small change. Congratulations.
        edited June 2019
        Can the Qlithothic Gear get Set bonuses too as well?
        More motivation for people to farm Qzone OM
        guyhumual wrote: »
        Great, save the Earth, the absolute worst alert in the entire OnAlert system, just got worse.
        well at least we will have to wait and see until next rotation

It can't be Cybermind and FM Levels of BAD Cutscenes... can it?​​
        POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
      • don't say that - cryptic has long shown that such things are a 'hold my beer' challenge to them​​
        #LegalizeAwoo
        avianos wrote: »
        Can the Qlithothic Gear get Set bonuses too as well?
        More motivation for people to farm Qzone OM​​
        I wouldn't be surprise if every set found in other content, like the Nemesis gear, Vik gear, Scarlet gear, and the Bronze King gear, all get their own Set Bonus unique to them. And then they would probably add Set Bonus mods on top it.
        The cutscenes will inform people of what they need to do. Sure you might have to wait some odd amount of seconds now and then, but at least you'll get more successful STEs.
      • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
        So, if Distinguished Gear is updated will players need to do anything when that goes live (e.g. go to a vendor and exchange the old version for the new version, meaning unslotting and reslotting mods) or will the new version just appear on the characters who are already using those sets?
        JwLmWoa.png
        Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
        Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
      • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
        jaazaniah1 wrote: »
        So, if Distinguished Gear is updated will players need to do anything when that goes live (e.g. go to a vendor and exchange the old version for the new version, meaning unslotting and reslotting mods) or will the new version just appear on the characters who are already using those sets?

It automatically appeared on my toon in PTS, no switchin'/unslotting necessary
        Oh cool
        || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
      • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
        edited June 2019
        As someone who prefers to farm for just one set of (gold-tier?) gear per toon, this is nice to see.

Even after all of the numbers were crunched from all of you who do this so I don't have to (thanks, by the way for all of your efforts), I still went with Distinguished on my tanks and just sucked it up if it was just a little bit not-as-tanky as other gear.

I do have characters with an assortment of Q merc gear and lockbox merc gear, so that will be interesting to see how it has changed. Not that it matters that much for me. I still show up in basic blue 40 gear with some characters to Cosmics and do just fine.​​
        Post edited by warcanch on

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
        "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
      • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
        Actually the indicator icon will help a lot. Having to sift through all the endlessly-spawning trash to find the Nemesis can be annoying. The auto-complete upon defeating the nemesis is a welcome change, too.

Really could've done without the cutscenes though, but oh well. Hopefully they're not too intrusive and don't interrupt gameplay. (They probably do just that, though...)
        It can't be Cybermind and FM Levels of BAD Cutscenes... can it?​​
        Cybermind's at least aren't too gameplay-interrupting and (sort of) hint at how to deal with his mechanics. The worst kind of cutscenes (aside from FM, which everybody hates) are those seen in Grab and Red Winter because they interrupt gameplay without actually conveying any useful information to the player.
        (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
      • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
        The updates to late game gear is most welcome. Hopefully, there will be more such updates and more late game equips and gear (perhaps even, *gasp*, PVP gear?). I think Justice Gear is still fine for hybrid, dual-passive builds. That said, a little tweak to the numbers or an additional bonus for the set would be nice.
      • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
        This should make dist decently suitable for tanking. As for making them stronger, that sounds like someone that's never tanked the dino before; where if you miss one bite, you're dead.
        [NbK]XStorm
        aesica wrote: »
        Really could've done without the cutscenes though, but oh well. Hopefully they're not too intrusive and don't interrupt gameplay. (They probably do just that, though...)
        It can't be Cybermind and FM Levels of BAD Cutscenes... can it?
        Cybermind's at least aren't too gameplay-interrupting and (sort of) hint at how to deal with his mechanics. The worst kind of cutscenes (aside from FM, which everybody hates) are those seen in Grab and Red Winter because they interrupt gameplay without actually conveying any useful information to the player.
        NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT! This explains perfectly how obnoxious cutscenes in alerts are,
        Gameplay Interruption!
        Let's put this under bad game design, shall we​​
        aesica wrote: »
        It can't be Cybermind and FM Levels of BAD Cutscenes... can it?
        NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT! This explains perfectly how obnoxious cutscenes in alerts are,
        Gameplay Interruption!
        People mostly hate cut scenes in proportional to their length and number. FM has ten of them adding up to probably five minutes all by themselves. The others all have under a minute total in cut scenes.

Have we even seen the new STE cutscenes?
      • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
        I've been wondering that. StE is up on PTS but I don't know if anyone has actually run it to see.
        "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
        I hope the gear changes are this week but I can wait until next week too.
      This discussion has been closed.