test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ego Sprites disabling/flickering enviromental Visual effects

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Gameplay Bugs
Everyone loves Telepathy... right? :grimace: right? :| no ( ._.)

So have been playing this character project 1 year now and noticing some weird side effects on the world's visuals

Personal Auras are Disabled in the first gif to make sure they are not related (reference Ice Sheath aura was causing texture issues in Lemuria)
JjCwwy6.gif
IMPORTANT NOTE: The steams flickering is also happening very often in other characters and i cannot pinpoint what other powers are causing it, it could be WORMs' attack as well, but again Warzone is falling apart with other visual gltiches (thats for another thread)
However Ego Sprites are 100% causing this steam flickering which became more and more common after recent updates

evgkiwU.gif
High Noon confirmed my suspicions about Ego Sprites as well, they turn off the Sandstorm

My initial thought was that this is the Sideffect of the DEVs underground changes in the game with the balance of multiple visual rerources in open world fights
thinking-face_1f914.png

Seems it only affects Gas Visuals and some sorcery visuals from the Soul Cages in warzone​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Tagged:

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    If an fx causes other fx to vanish, chances are it's taking up a ton of resources and could use an optimization pass.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    If an fx causes other fx to vanish, chances are it's taking up a ton of resources and could use an optimization pass.
    Thank you for the classification, now I understand in which category this falls under!
    I will try to find other powers that also causing this
    spinnytop wrote: »
    avianos wrote: »
    Everyone loves Telepathy... right?

Yes, bug fixed.
    FOXI PLZ
    8a4.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!