test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can someone remind me how Costume Slots Work (Gold)

Hi All

So I've been doing some Toon clearing and editing, to prevent such a mass load of expressive Costume Changing due to multiple level 40s and overall on what Toon should be low level or not, however with this being the case, I can not remaber how Costume Slots work, I do bealive golds by default get 6 correct? (New Toon), But gain 2 more due to leveling?, that ends up with 7 slots?.

Or is there something I am missing, as crazy as this sounds, I kinder wish there was a way to reduce slots on a Toon. (Besides outright not useing them)

Psi
Psi.

Comments

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    The way it used to be was Silvers would have 2 costume slots per character and Gold/Subscribers would have 6. Not quite sure how that dynamic changed when the Premium Pack was introduced. I don't recall ever gaining costume slots for leveling. Build slots, sure, not costume slots though.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Gold Member heroes have access to the basic number of costume slots, three level-based (levels 1, 15, and 30) and one slot for joining a supergroup.
    I kinder wish there was a way to reduce slots on a Toon.
    giphy.gif

They all ready did that. It's capped and no longer account wide.....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    Huh, alright then cheers
    Psi.
    What I mean is, to remove a slot, but ohk
    Psi.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Posts: 24 Arc User
    I believe silver rank can obtain 4 without going gold. But to the original post of @cryneting - You said you are "cleaning up"? You can save costumes to your HDD and store them indefinitely. The Tailor shop has a save costume button and they save a tiny jpeg image file in your screenshots folder. This folder is found in the program files section under Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live. Without the file the save is gone, but if you stored them elsewhere until needed they can just replaced back into the screenshots.

Q: How does it work?
    A: The image has some code attached to it, open it up in a text editor will show you.

The header of image is really called a JFIF for BPhotoshop 3.0 FightClub

After the header you get a script about gender, user ID, character name, and serial number. The rest is a lot of costume choices, sizing, color selections, and below that is the actual compressed image data.

These files never get very big (about 70K at most) you could save 100 costumes and they would only require less than 8 megabytes of space. I wouldn't worry about cleaning them up. Just move the entire screenshot folder to a closet folder. You will need to pay the game currency to replace them on the character at a later date.
    I believe silver rank can obtain 4 without going gold. But to the original post of @cryneting - You said you are "cleaning up"? You can save costumes to your HDD and store them indefinitely. The Tailor shop has a save costume button and they save a tiny jpeg image file in your screenshots folder. This folder is found in the program files section under Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live. Without the file the save is gone, but if you stored them elsewhere until needed they can just replaced back into the screenshots.

Q: How does it work?
    A: The image has some code attached to it, open it up in a text editor will show you.

The header of image is really called a JFIF for BPhotoshop 3.0 FightClub

After the header you get a script about gender, user ID, character name, and serial number. The rest is a lot of costume choices, sizing, color selections, and below that is the actual compressed image data.

These files never get very big (about 70K at most) you could save 100 costumes and they would only require less than 8 megabytes of space. I wouldn't worry about cleaning them up. Just move the entire screenshot folder to a closet folder. You will need to pay the game currency to replace them on the character at a later date.

thanks for the info, tho I was wondering if there was a way to edit or remove a SLOT on a Toon, as the more Slots used, the more G it costs and I have far to much level 40s to keep it going, so I'm asking if I made a new Toon (then rank it to level 40, from whatever means) how much slots will I have?, as I don't plan to use more than 3-4
    Psi.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    You can't delete slots.
    If you only need 3-4. Just use 3-4......
    Leave the rest alone.
    Simple.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    You can't delete slots.
    If you only need 3-4. Just use 3-4......
    Leave the rest alone.
    Simple.

what I plan to do, just need confirmation on lah-slots I get per Toon (that reaches 40)

time to blast!
    Psi.