Release Notes 6/6/2019

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Missions
    Enemies in the Vibora Bay graveyard for the Stalking on Sunshine mission no longer give standard rewards (XP, Resources, etc) when defeated.​​
    Well RIP Vibora Bay, can't really think of any reason to visit now.
    That wasn't even one of the better Vibora missions though. :p Heck most were probably level 40 before getting to it.
    Oh, I think I only did that mission once, it wasn't the mission that I liked, it was the fast respawning mobs. Outside of the mission it was a good location to grind though because the mobs refreshed super fast. If you can't grind those mobs you'll do just as well grinding elsewhere, which means there's no longer a reason to make a special trip to Vibora.
    Stalking on Sunshine is the one where Taffy Winters sets up a bunch of tanning beds in the GY so you can expose vampires to UV in massive groups. This event summons vampires in addition to the normal spawns. I think it's only the vampires that spawn as part of the event script that are affected.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytop wrote: »
    It's kind of like stopping bleeding by cutting someone even deeper.

You can't bleed more if I make all your blood shoot out of your body by cutting you extra super hard!​​

Sure you can! You just need to apply Bleed again!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Missions
    Enemies in the Vibora Bay graveyard for the Stalking on Sunshine mission no longer give standard rewards (XP, Resources, etc) when defeated.​​
    That wasn't even one of the better Vibora missions though. :p Heck most were probably level 40 before getting to it.
    Oh, I think I only did that mission once, it wasn't the mission that I liked, it was the fast respawning mobs. Outside of the mission it was a good location to grind though because the mobs refreshed super fast. If you can't grind those mobs you'll do just as well grinding elsewhere, which means there's no longer a reason to make a special trip to Vibora.
    Stalking on Sunshine is the one where Taffy Winters sets up a bunch of tanning beds in the GY so you can expose vampires to UV in massive groups. This event summons vampires in addition to the normal spawns. I think it's only the vampires that spawn as part of the event script that are affected.
    I'm familiar with the mission. Like I said I did it once. However I used to farm that area without the mission as the mobs were in large groups and respawned very quickly. If they no longer drop anything then there's no reason to farm that area.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Missions
    I'm familiar with the mission. Like I said I did it once. However I used to farm that area without the mission as the mobs were in large groups and respawned very quickly. If they no longer drop anything then there's no reason to farm that area.
    "if" well apparently your concern is not the case. The patch note specifies that it's the enemies that are part of the mission.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    "if" well apparently your concern is not the case. The patch note specifies that it's the enemies that are part of the mission.
    There are no mission specific spawns there, the mission has you destroying the normal spawns. It's just that those spawns are supposed to be tough enough that you need the mission trick to beat them, and because of power escalation since the mission was written, they really aren't. Also, you already didn't get any drops or xp when you destroyed them as part of the mission.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    The patch notes only mention standard rewards, so presumably they still drop costume pieces?
    Missions

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The patch notes only mention standard rewards, so presumably they still drop costume pieces?
    Usually removing rewards removes all drops, though there are exceptions.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Usually removing rewards removes all drops, though there are exceptions.

This is my understanding. This is why I was sad to see these updates. This area might still be useful for grinding 5000 New Shadows, but as I understand it, they're no longer going to be dropping rewards.
  • not even; the ones in the graveyard don't even count for the perks - at least not if you kill them using the tanning beds...i don't know about killing them yourself​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    not even; the ones in the graveyard don't even count for the perks - at least not if you kill them using the tanning beds...i don't know about killing them yourself​​
    Killing them with the tanning beds doesn't actually count as killing, and never gave any rewards other than quest completion.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I tested the Assault Rifle's tap damage and comparing it to the maintain damage. Quite frankly, you're losing a lot of dps just tapping vs maintaining. I will provide two charts. The first chart will use the Soldier's spec Vindicator/Avenger. The second chart will use Vindicator/Guardian. The top will use the Tap Damage, while the bottom is Maintain Damage:
    Soldier's Spec
    RvEpdCv.png

Vindicator/Guardian
    RCaZF2N.png

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I doubt the raising of the tap damage was intended to make us tap AR constantly.
  • Why would devs add an advantage to tapping a maintain power to begin with? Isn't the whole point of a maintain attack to physically hold down the keyboard button until the meter is empty?
    Why would devs add an advantage to tapping a maintain power to begin with? Isn't the whole point of a maintain attack to physically hold down the keyboard button until the meter is empty?

Assault rifle has had that forever, the first tick was always big. Probably has to do with the idea that the first shot is the most accurate, so it's a theme thing.

As for why they increased that amount this patch, probably an attempt to make the power do more damage, though it really didn't add much.
  • I still wish Bullet Ballet was a maintain instead of a combo. 100 Hands isn't a combo, BB shouldn't be one either.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    I like that BB is a combo. Gets some nice benefits that way.
    I still wish Bullet Ballet was a maintain instead of a combo. 100 Hands isn't a combo, BB shouldn't be one either.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    I like that BB is a combo. Gets some nice benefits that way.
    I dislike the way combos are implemented in CO in general and would rather all of them functioned like maintains (tap to use, hold down to do a full combo), but I think the way they do animations doesn't allow for that.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Why would devs add an advantage to tapping a maintain power to begin with? Isn't the whole point of a maintain attack to physically hold down the keyboard button until the meter is empty?
    Probably to make it more in line with the burst mode found in many assault rifles. Sigint explain it best.
    I still wish Bullet Ballet was a maintain instead of a combo. 100 Hands isn't a combo, BB shouldn't be one either.

agree. mashing combos doesn't feel particularly great.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

agree. mashing combos doesn't feel particularly great.

I know.

Aaaaanyway, why not make LnL boost crit chance depending on how many stacks of Furious one has upon activating LnL?
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    Aaaaanyway, why not make LnL boost crit chance depending on how many stacks of Furious one has upon activating LnL?

Because furious already boosts crit chance and because that wouldn't solve the problem of LnL being better for other powersets than it is for munitions :T

Make it so LNL makes Munitions powers ignore 10% damage resist.
    Because furious already boosts crit chance and because that wouldn't solve the problem of LnL being better for other powersets than it is for munitions :T
    Ego Leech already boosts crit chance and its okay for Ego Surge to give a crit chance bonus based on it, and it would make LnL better for builds that already stack furious -- like munitions.
    edited June 2019
    Ego Leech already boosts crit chance

for certain TK powers. Not the same as Furious, which boost global crit chance.

and it would make LnL better for builds that already stack furious -- like munitions.

but LnL would still be better for builds that don't already stack furious. Hence problem still not solved. The problem is not that LnL is not beneficial to Munitions at all, the problem is that it is more beneficial to powersets that wouldn't already have Furious stacked anyway. Hence, the opposite of Ego Surge, which is much better for its own powerset than it is for others.

If we're talking about making Furious ONLY give crit when you have LnL active, which is the only way this would make LnL better for Munitions than other powersets, then that's just a nerf to munitions.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User

Every tap of Bullet Beatdown/Ballet procs slightly different damage and effects, and it is a gloriously fun non-combo combo-style attack. I wish there were more 4 (or 5 or 6) move attacks for various martial arts that ramped up to finale moves on the final strike.

but LnL would still be better for builds that don't already stack furious.
    Oh, I was assuming this replaced it granting furious stacks.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    qawsada wrote: »
    I tested the Assault Rifle's tap damage and comparing it to the maintain damage. Quite frankly, you're losing a lot of dps just tapping vs maintaining. I will provide two charts. The first chart will use the Soldier's spec Vindicator/Avenger. The second chart will use Vindicator/Guardian. The top will use the Tap Damage, while the bottom is Maintain Damage:
    Soldier's Spec
    RvEpdCv.png

Vindicator/Guardian
    RCaZF2N.png

i"m shock that you now knowing this. :open_mouth:

well you Use less energy when firing in burst and you have a high chance of doing a Crit also it good to have for it high damage to a target.

but it not as high as DPS if you just firing it full but you paying like 20+ Energy per second [EPS] and 2 Damage Per second when using it.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Assault Rifle
    Increased tap damage. Cost has gone up slightly.
    Personally I never liked the idea of Tapping Assault Rifle
    Never was a fan of this strategy, don't care if it gives TOP DPS, i will stick with fully maintaining it​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    We need an advantage in powers or an ability to choose for the power to have either KNOCK BACK, KNOCK UP, KNOCK TO or NO KNOCKS... would make the game just that much more customized depending on our characters design... we already have different skins for summoned pets, so maybe even a drop down menu can be implemented like when we choose pet skins... Now i'm not say ALL powers need this but just the ones that have knocks, just a thought... ALSO something else to think about with all the back pieces were getting (like the new HEAVY CANNON), maybe a point of origin for powers that can let it come from the back piece... would be cool to have a few attacks coming from those certain back pieces we have now 8) ... keep up the good stuff, keep fixing the bugs & keep bringing us more content ( R.i.P. space station missions )
  • talaparitalapari Posts: 14 Arc User
    jeeb51 wrote: »
    We need an advantage in powers or an ability to choose for the power to have either KNOCK BACK, KNOCK UP, KNOCK TO or NO KNOCKS... would make the game just that much more customized depending on our characters design... we already have different skins for summoned pets, so maybe even a drop down menu can be implemented like when we choose pet skins... Now i'm not say ALL powers need this but just the ones that have knocks, just a thought... ALSO something else to think about with all the back pieces were getting (like the new HEAVY CANNON), maybe a point of origin for powers that can let it come from the back piece... would be cool to have a few attacks coming from those certain back pieces we have now 8) ... keep up the good stuff, keep fixing the bugs & keep bringing us more content ( R.i.P. space station missions )

I agree, with a choice of which arm casts power, so if you wanted to use the arm cannon costume piece it would work better for certain powers. If you understand where I am going with that!
    uc?id=1hYNDw2qpS_hNp9F__9OJHsJoL5wtuDdm
    jeeb51 wrote: »

wouldn't it be Great if we can find and huntdown Variety of powers range from Damage type to Damage style and just other powers like making/ finding a Multi-Launcher or finding a variety of arrow attacks that poison or burn targets or that do Dimensional Damage, Gravitational Bullet or fire Explosive Bullets? oh and swords that can set people on fire would be Awesome too, but only we can dream right?
  • kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    High Noon weapon skin suggestion: Bowie Knife
    avianos wrote: »
    Assault Rifle
    Increased tap damage. Cost has gone up slightly.
    Personally I never liked the idea of Tapping Assault Rifle
    Never was a fan of this strategy, don't care if it gives TOP DPS, i will stick with fully maintaining it​​

Well don't worry, it doesn't give top dps, the intent is very much still to maintain the power. The tap damage just front-loads a little bit more damage. I think it should be even bigger, like twice as much as normal tics, but to keep full maintains as the best dps method the last 2-3 ticks should also do more damage so overall the best dps still comes from full maintains. It'd be neat cause it'd mean Assault Rifle could have utility as both a dps attack, and a burst attack.
    Originally assault rifle was a ramping maintain and, while tapping it was worse dps than a full maintain, it was better dps than a partial maintain. Kaizerin dislikes ramping maintains, though, so it's kinda incoherent now.
    edited June 2019
    Well that's understandable since it's hard to look at a ramping maintain and understand right away how much damage it's going to do for the time/energy invested since it doesn't give info on exactly how fast it ramps up. But if it gave specific information on which tics do how much damage, that would solve that.
    Well that's understandable since it's hard to look at a ramping maintain and understand right away how much damage it's going to do for the time/energy invested since it doesn't give info on exactly how fast it ramps up.
    It's linear and the description specifies both first and last tic, so just average the two.
    Well that's understandable since it's hard to look at a ramping maintain and understand right away how much damage it's going to do for the time/energy invested since it doesn't give info on exactly how fast it ramps up.
    It's linear and the description specifies both first and last tic, so just average the two.

Having the power state exactly how much each tic does is better.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    Is there a reason why freeform character slots in the services tab are not included in the 20% sale when the news item says EVERYTHING in the services tab is on sale at 20% off including character slots?
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I only just now noticed these. The target cap increases to the cone powers was long overdue--thank you for that.

Unfortunately, Assault Rifle still sucks compared to 2GM (lower base damage, more maintenance time (Furious stacks) since it doesn't generate Furious innately, and the odd tap damage mechanic is just weird and should probably be removed. As long as AR and 2GM's mechanics are made to be as different as they are currently, one (2GM) is always going to be the go-to, themes be damned.

Gimping yourself for the sake of theme is not fun. Upping its damage a bit was a step in the right direction, but we're still not there yet. Please make Assault Rifle not suck.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    Assault Rifle has 100 range and 2GM has 50 range. AR is always going to deal less damage because of the greater advantages it gains from that range. Be glad the damage disparity is small enough to not actually matter.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Assault Rifle has 100 range and 2GM has 50 range. AR is always going to deal less damage because of the greater advantages it gains from that range. Be glad the damage disparity is small enough to not actually matter.
    Why do they need different ranges? You may think it's some great choice design decision, but everybody I see goes for 2GM, and for good reason. As I said, it not only has a higher base damage, but it automatically generates stacks of Furious which means less maintenancy crap in between maintains. That leads to even more damage still, because you're not taking breaks to reapply/refresh furious (which one of AR's advantages wants) with some lesser-damage power.

The T3 Munitions powers really need another pass, because one is clearly better than the other and that's just dumb.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited June 2019
    cause rifles shoot further than pistols u3u

Wow,that a very good argument. So are you saying that munitions should suck? because there a lot of attack that are 100ft if not 50ft that do a lot more damage then Assault Rifle, Did you know PBA have 100ft Range and do higher DPS then Assault Rifle? i did! but hey not only it that it also easy to get at early stage, and have the highest mobility then Assault Rifle while, AR have this lame: lose 25-50 mobility while shooting but yet PBA don't have that and it 100ft and just like a lot other attack range powers, like archery! :D

i agree with 100% with aesica. and also there is no such thing as greater advantages at 100ft since all NPC/Mobs have range of 100ft by default if they had range at all. e_e

1.AR should be able to ether Refresh Furious with when a certain damaged quota acquire or met
    2.AR having the semi amount of PBR Damage PBR=D2500-800 AR-D2187 for Example
    3.AR being AOE cylinder By default with lost of damage per Extra Target hit. [since alot of munitions are AOE anyway or have AOE Characteristics ]
    4.AR being able to refreash Armor armor piercing when fired in burst /Click /not using maintain.
    5.AR being Mobile as the pulse Beam Rifle
    6.AR doing amount of Damage Per faster 0.2 do of the same time frame of the current maintaim time Frame

4 out 6 of these should be applied to AR otherwise you just making fun of people using it. :/

Also munitions mods being in the Gold/Silver recognition Store, like the rest of the mods. :) unless you going to up the percentage of munitions by making rank9 do 20% munition damage.

also Rocket launcher need to turn back to Normal :P [Thxs]

think that be it... maybe *shrug*
    Post edited by mastercontrol7 on
    edited June 2019
    Wow,that a very good argument. So are you saying that munitions should suck?

Yes, you totally nailed my feelings on the subject. Munitions should suck, and so should my munitions character. The one that I play. Good job!
    1.AR should be able to ether Refresh Furious with when a certain damaged quota acquire or met
    2.AR having the semi amount of PBR Damage PBR=D2500-800 AR-D2187 for Example
    3.AR being AOE cylinder By default with lost of damage per Extra Target hit. [since alot of munitions are AOE anyway or have AOE Characteristics ]
    4.AR being able to refreash Armor armor piercing when fired in burst /Click /not using maintain.
    5.AR being Mobile as the pulse Beam Rifle
    6.AR doing amount of Damage Per faster 0.2 do of the same time frame of the current maintaim time Frame

Yes I also agree with you and Aesica, AR should totally apply all of its own dependent buffs and debuffs, and do high damage and be an aoe. Great idea! Let's add a stun in there for lulz cause people get stunned when you shoot them right? All the things!
    i agree with 100% with aesica. and also there is no such thing as greater advantages at 100ft since all NPC/Mobs have range of 100ft by default if they had range at all. e_e

Which is why certain tactics are much more difficult to pull off when you're relying on 50 range attacks. I don't even need to argue this, I have videos showing it. Next you're going to tell me you need to be in hybrid to solo QWZ or something.
    edited June 2019
    Yes, you totally nailed my feelings on the subject. Munitions should suck, and so should my munitions character. The one that I play. Good job!

well, you are a Elitist Monster so it sounds about right...

Yes I also agree with you and Aesica, AR should totally apply all of its own dependent buffs and debuffs, and do high damage and be an aoe. Great idea! Let's add a stun in there for lulz cause people get stunned when you shoot them right? All the things!

dependent? high damage? almost sound like Pulse Beam rifle for a second there, you do know with BT and LNL would just make the gun outperforms AR, And even AR own, "dependent" buffs and debuffs at play even with Advantage using furious, it would just outdo AR, and it a single attack with 100ft, And this was tested using tank specs, Oh well I guess we can tell now whats getting nerf soon if not in the list of nerfs by now huh? ^_^"

also it won't be doing high damage since you, be a bit less if not lesser then PBR and since AR becoming a pure AOE base on it advantage attack i noted it will lose damage per extra target [or just lesser damage on the extra targets] that is hit at the max of 3 since it already has a max of 3 [do I really need to be this detailed about all this? or more?] and the fact it has a burst\click
    firing mode that has now a high Energy cost [why?] that frankly make it more of a con then it ever was before, it would seem only right to make a good use of with for refreshing the buffs or debuffs since you know TK lance gives itself its own stacks of Ego leech, and in some way can aoe with that. and do high damage
    that also getting nerf too right? crap! oh well.
    BTW and there are attacks that 100ft of a range that give out it own Buffs/debuffs so you know. <:)

there would be no need for it to have a stun, we have sonic device for that and it would be little silly to use it to stun targets that can't be stun again on the second try.

when I said damage quota I mean by for example: when someone attack using an Assault rifle and do 10k damage within 5 seconds then the buff or debuff would reset and only by means of only using Assault rifle. this is by only resetting the buffs and not adding them and doing total damage of 10k, atless with that people can think they
    got what it takes to do cosmic teleiosaurus and it only seems fair for the AR to have the stuff I listed Considering the fact that it a 5th and last tier in munitions unless it needs to be taking to the 1st-2nd tier then like PBR. :)

Which is why certain tactics are much more difficult to pull off when you're relying on 50 range attacks. I don't even need to argue this, I have videos showing it. Next you're going to tell me you need to be in hybrid to solo QWZ or something.

well that means there is still no advantage being 100ft let along it doesn't really matter if you are 50ft unless AI/NPC having a long Aggro range, Also i don't Really rely on 50 range attack that much [frankly not much point in to it really], I do use them however when the time comes to use them that is it, and The two gun mojo I used to love it at the time but it has gotten old bit faster then I thought, and got to the point I frankly don't care about it anymore in fact it kinda stupid to me now. and the only Good side about Two gun mojo is the fact it not bind down by the stupid lost of 25%-50% speed/ mobility when attacking like Assault Rifle and build up of furious, also damage but is being in 50ft really worth it? and is it also going to get nerf too?

Also im just now knowing you had a Youtube account.
    edited June 2019
    when i'm saying all of this, i'm not asking for Pulse Beam Rifle to be nerf, since it look like it the only Thing in it own powerset that do reasonable damage and work within it concept, but when i compare the too it just don't seem fair, i be just as happy with just having the Option 5.AR being Mobile as the pulse Beam Rifle, over everything else. the only thing was on my mind is "Hmmm i wonder if They could make AR a AOE counterpart of PBR." that all it was and that is, i don't see the problem with it being fast or having a AOE base on it Advantage by default, i also don't see a problem with it Reset it own dependent Debuff with the burst fire mechanic, because i see A lot of powers with ability to reapply there dependent buffs they even 100ft, so it would be silly argument to say assault rifle don't need this type of change, it even be silly to think Rocket launcher with 20second CD with a Must fully charged to fire is a good idea i be more happy with it going back to it was before the this patch note