test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO and NW are dropping 32-bit Windows support. What about CO?

There were postings on the STO and NW forums this week to announce that those titles will no longer run on 32-bit versions of Windows as of July 18th. Here’s the NW announcement:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1248785/32-bit-windows-os-support

Kais, is this also planned for CO, and will it happen at the same time as the other games?
Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends

Comments

• it CAN'T happen; CO doesn't have a 64bit engine, and likely never will​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Game is shutting down confirmed.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Game can't be run on Windows XP confirmed.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I mean, CO's DX11 mode is still in beta and causes black triangles to show up on tons of random environmental surfaces so

also the fact that if you're running DX9 mode in Windows 10 the advanced graphics settings don't enable themselves half the time. Don't tell me there's a workaround for that, It's happened on every. single. Win10 system I've tried playing Champs on:
    • A GTX 770 Desktop I had in Houston TX I upgraded from Win 8.1
    • A GTX 1080 Desktop I used in Seattle WA in a computer cafe
    • A Lenovo Thinkpad I got just last year using some weird low end P80 something graphics card, that I'm pretty sure always had Win10 on it

Every single one, couldn't do advanced shading or reflections or outlines or even shadows if I had certain settings above medium.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    It'll never happen to CO as they'd actually have to assign programmers to work on the engine version the CO is running on, and I don't think they've done that in the last 5 or so years. ;)

They reserve programming time for the games they care about that make them money; not a game they have to keep running because taht's in the contract they signed to purchase the IP (or the IP reverts and they don't want to loose it at this point.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    They reserve programming time for the games they care about that make them money; not a game they have to keep running because taht's in the contract they signed to purchase the IP (or the IP reverts and they don't want to loose it at this point.)
    They bought the IP outright, they don't have it licensed (there's a reverse license back to the RPG publisher). They keep it running because it makes enough money to justify the amount they spend on it (which isn't terribly much).
  • warriorshepherdwarriorshepherd Posts: 1 Arc User
    It may be time to upgrade to a 64bit OS. The game runs just fine on Windows 10.