test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 6/6/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
High Noon
High Noon will be running for the next 2 weeks.
  • Added Heavy Cannon, Cowboy Boots and Spurs costumes to event store.

Missions
  • Added daily mission for Andrith Ruins to Lt. Morrigan.
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes Dr. Destroyer would idle around and not attack in the Robot Factory lair.
  • Enemies in the Vibora Bay graveyard for the Stalking on Sunshine mission no longer give standard rewards (XP, Resources, etc) when defeated.

Powers
Players who have any munitions powers will receive a free respec. Free respecs granted this way do not stack.

Bullet Hail/Submachinegun
  • Increased target cap on Bullet Hail and Submachine Gun to 5 (from 3). Costs on both powers have gone up due to this.
  • Extra Bullets advantage renamed Boogeyman and still grants bonus damage against feared targets.

Assault Rifle
  • Increased tap damage. Cost has gone up slightly.

Two Gun Mojo
  • Fixed a bug where Two Gun Mojo wasn't gaining a full 30% bonus when within 10ft of the target with the Close the Gap advantage.
  • Known Issue: The damage variance on two gun mojo is a bit high right now, meaning you will see very high and very low hits, but the overall damage is the same. This will be fixed next week.

Lock N Load
  • Removed critical chance effect on this power.
  • This power now applies stacks of Furious on you and keeps them active while the power is active.
  • Fixed a bug where the breakout damage was not scaling with rank.

Rocket
  • Damage and cost increased.
  • Cooldown increased to 20 seconds.
  • Now requires fully charging the power.
  • Target cap increased to 7 (from 5).
  • Now knocks down targets.
  • Concussive Advantage: Increased knockback distance.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies 3 stacks of Furious on you.
​​

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    327mzy.jpg
    ---
    Well, the munition changes were quick. How about the device tray/transformation powerhues?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    We're working out some issues with costume transform coloring (namely a means of alerting players if their build is invalid as costume transforms under the changes on pts will not show until your build is valid), but should be live soon(tm).​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    327mzy.jpg
    ---
    Well, the munition changes were quick. How about the device tray/transformation powerhues?

GDI! I get distracted for 1 min watching a video and you snipe the release notes :< :<

Oh well

sKPIgHo.jpg​​
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    We need gawdangdiggitydarn ponchos and sombreros!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    IT'S REAL YEEHAW HOURS
    tumblr_prb0wk7EEo1r1mpi1o1_1280.jpg

kaizerin wrote: »
    Rocket
    • Damage and cost increased.
    • Cooldown increased to 20 seconds.
    • Now requires fully charging the power.
    • Target cap increased to 7 (from 5).
    • Now knocks down targets.
    • Concussive Advantage: Increased knockback distance.
    • New Advantage (2): Applies 3 stacks of Furious on you.

On one hand, a 100 feet Furious applier to self for Assault Riffle's adv, increased max cap and knock down as base effect
    on the other hand... 20 seconds CD urg
    Bullet Hail/Submachinegun
    Increased target cap on Bullet Hail and Submachine Gun to 5 (from 3). Costs on both powers have gone up due to this.
    Extra Bullets advantage renamed Boogeyman and still grants bonus damage against feared targets.
    I like this, never was a fan a of 3 target cap for those powers it was awful limitation, no reason to take the Extra Bullets/Boogeyman now, but PLEASE consider adding more munition powers with the ability to apply Fear instead of only 2
    Two Gun Mojo
    Fixed a bug where Two Gun Mojo wasn't gaining a full 30% bonus when within 10ft of the target with the Close the Gap advantage.
    Known Issue: The damage variance on two gun mojo is a bit high right now, meaning you will see very high and very low hits, but the overall damage is the same. This will be fixed next week.
    Why exactly Two Gun Mojo has a 30% bonus adv only for melee range again?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited June 2019
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Oh well

sKPIgHo.jpg
    (since your thread got closed down im going to post it here) Do you want Nintendo to sue Cryptic? because thats how you archieve it with such a Lawsuit happy company as Nintendo​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • (duplicate post from other thread to raise awareness)

Instead of griping about yet another nerf to my characters, i'll beg for an addition instead. Please create for High Noon a Pistol Fanning maintain attack and add it to the Recognition Vendor store. @kaizerin

ymDtXxO.jpgfanning.jpgCT-0814-3.jpg
    tumblr_p2vxtk5wVz1qmob6ro2_r1_500.gif
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    We need gawdangdiggitydarn ponchos and sombreros!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1213336/high-noon-2019-part-2
    (duplicate post from other thread to raise awareness)

Instead of griping about yet another nerf to my characters, i'll beg for an addition instead. Please create for High Noon a Pistol Fanning maintain attack and add it to the Recognition Vendor store. @kaizerin
    Tell this to the animator who is only busy animating MEME Dances​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Why exactly Two Gun Mojo has a 30% bonus adv only for melee range again?

Cause it needs to be dumb... cause Dead Pool I guess.​​
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Not sure if there was an argument here or why everyone's posts got wiped, but I'll say it again.

I love all of these changes, they're all nice, and I very much love the bug fix to 2gm that I've been reporting for a while.

However I feel like the two gun mojo change was unnecessary. Not only that but munitions users now don't have a reason to actually use it because they'll have some other way to apply furious, I feel like the soldier should get some other way to apply furious and lock and load should be left as it was, also. I feel like this more so limits the freeform system, it makes lock and load not really worth picking anymore and people will go for the other stuff, thus creating more metas, and limiting what is viable. I'm not sure that's good in a game where you're meant to feel like you can "Create your own hero."

I hope this post isn't taken in the wrong way, and again I'm happy for all these other changes and additions.

Edit:

Bug: 2gm is randomly doing half damage on some tics, either on r3 or close the gap.

Also. I should say the damage bonus on lock and load sucks, and takes HEAVY DR when ranked, so I really do not think it's worth getting now, specially if you have some other way to apply furious, which isn't that great of a buff anyway...

Edit edit! My dumb dumb didn't notice kaiserin KNEW about the 2gm bug in the release notes, sorry.
    Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
  • avianos wrote: »
    (duplicate post from other thread to raise awareness)

Tell this to the animator who is only busy animating MEME Dances​​

Sure, what's the animator's @handle?
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    Do I have to make it a meme to bring attention to the fact that Might combo's still don't have full AoE like other melee Combos? Fine.

RvnBFCl.png
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Do I have to make it a meme to bring attention to the fact that Might combo's still don't have full AoE like other melee Combos? Fine.

RvnBFCl.png

And it needs a demolish adv :c
    to make it viable for dps.
    one that removes the threat or defiant stacks thing. but gives demolish debuff.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Lock N Load
    • Removed critical chance effect on this power.
    • This power now applies stacks of Furious on you and keeps them active while the power is active.
    • Fixed a bug where the breakout damage was not scaling with rank.
    Last I knew no active offense breakfree damage scaled with rank. I assumed it was intended.
  • Still waiting for Eido to get fixed.
  • talaparitalapari Posts: 14 Arc User
    I was hoping for the UI Changes..lol
    uc?id=1hYNDw2qpS_hNp9F__9OJHsJoL5wtuDdm
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Like the look of those cowboy boots but some native stuff would be nice.

Like them arm cannons.

RvnBFCl.png

That looks like Heavy Weapons tho o3o​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Still waiting for Eido to get fixed.

It doesn't matter if he gets fixed, there's not enough people to complete high noon; much less kiga. Destroyer is completely out of the question.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Wat.
    We were doing HN just fine earlier.
    Granted I was online and my presence alone rallies players into doing stuff
  • Anybody else notice cowboy robots aren't dropping Snakebucks or devices this time?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Didn't they remove the Bucks from robots, because we gained it too fast otherwise?....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Anybody else notice cowboy robots aren't dropping Snakebucks or devices this time?
    It was removed from non-event cowboy robots the second week of the last time the event was up.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User

Missions
    Enemies in the Vibora Bay graveyard for the Stalking on Sunshine mission no longer give standard rewards (XP, Resources, etc) when defeated.
    ​​
    Well RIP Vibora Bay, can't really think of any reason to visit now.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I had a feeling a storm was, saw it coming a mile away.... oh boy.

Powers

Assault Rifle :+1:

Increased tap damage. Cost has gone up slightly. ;

[Is tap even reliable in DPS?]

Lock N Load

Removed critical chance effect on this power. [ :-1: ]

[ why? would that kill the point of using\want it? if not it had for me.]

This power now applies stacks of Furious on you and keeps them active while the power is active.
    Fixed a bug where the breakout damage was not scaling with rank.

[ that like giving candy to someone who already have candy, keeping Furious Stacks up isn't
    hard if you got good mean to build it back up like SMG/hail of bullets & lead tempest, also Furious is Reset able with shotgun and Burst shot, this will be very pointless for those who get these buffs on the fly already, however other build not so much and it really for them then it is for the AT Soldier/Gunslinger & munition with said Fury Resetters build types, if all i'm getting is a common buff
    then should i use this anymore? (i haven used it by few months now and surely not going to go back to it anytime soon) what the Pros about this? other then the fact it give offense, break out of hold, and something that needs just rank 3 to even get full THREE stacks of furious? ]

Rocket

Damage and cost increased. [ :-1: ]
    Cooldown increased to 20 seconds. [ :-1::angry: ]
    Now requires fully charging the power.
    Target cap increased to 7 (from 5). [ :-1: ]
    Now knocks down targets. [ :-1::angry: ]
    Concussive Advantage: Increased knockback distance. [ :-1::angry: ]
    New Advantage (2): Applies 3 stacks of Furious on you. [ :anguished: ]

[there Are four things that REALLY BUGS ME here.

1 why is the Cooldown is 20 seconds instead of 7 seconds or just 5-3 seconds? this is not a Ultimate and the damage isn't much of a change some of the damage look like it less then before to be honest [3000-3770 on test dummy on with 8 stacks in PTS]

2 why is the Target cap 7? All Grenade and AOE munitions caps are 3-5, so why do Rocket have Target cap 7 instead of just 10-20? i mean if we going have to wait 20 minutes on each shot that do around 2-3k of damage might aswell be more instead less.
    ​ ​
    3 why haven't you guys just give the Rocket a Default Knockback damage of 50ft without the need of the Concussive Advantage? it been needing that for a llloooooonnnggg while now....... :/

4 why isn't it would be 20 second if the New Advantage (2) that give 3 stack of furious on the user is Applied
    instead just a being a default 20 seconds CD regardless of choice? :/

To me this is kinda a nerf, a un-needed kind of nerf any the only thing good about this is the furious stack to
    be truly and Franked i really don't care about, but other could make a use for it. but 20 second is just Overkill right out Overkilled of something that don't really knock unless Concussive Adventage is Applied and thats 2 point of Adventage that could had been use in offensive means... Oh well, Anyway for Soldier AT now it be more logical to use a Sniper rifle instead Rocket since it will out DPS it now and stun and fire at 120ft... unless they want to use Rocket as a buffer tool now since there also no point in using LNL. :expressionless: *shrug*
  • spinnytop wrote: »
    Still waiting for Eido to get fixed.

you need a gif.​​

I don't have any good skeleton gifs.
  • garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    normally I try to be positive on these, but why did you decide to break half of my toons... =\
    garyg07 wrote: »
    normally I try to be positive on these, but why did you decide to break half of my toons... =\

Wait what... how did these changes break half your toons?​​
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, they make some toons a bit less potent by making lock and load another trash tier active offense, but nothing here will outright break builds unless you have something like a rocket launcher spam build.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

RvnBFCl.png

That looks like Heavy Weapons tho o3o​​

Shoot you're right one sec.
    UPxPx10.png
    Why exactly Two Gun Mojo has a 30% bonus adv only for melee range again?​​

Pistol round dynamics? Or.... At the risk of being a heroic bore, a Hero is likely to be concerned with protecting the innocent, and so would be unlikely to use more powerful long-range rounds which might (in a City location) go through walls or travel distances which would risk injuring bystanders. Rapid fire from close range would be the order of the day.

• Also, shooting guns at point blank is cooler.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Missions
    Enemies in the Vibora Bay graveyard for the Stalking on Sunshine mission no longer give standard rewards (XP, Resources, etc) when defeated.​​
    That wasn't even one of the better Vibora missions though. :p Heck most were probably level 40 before getting to it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    Oh good, I can see they made Lock n' Load useless for Munitions while still being useful for other sets that don't have Furious. How the heck does that make any sense.
    edited June 2019
    avianos wrote: »
    Why exactly Two Gun Mojo has a 30% bonus adv only for melee range again?

Pistol round dynamics? Or.... At the risk of being a heroic bore, a Hero is likely to be concerned with protecting the innocent, and so would be unlikely to use more powerful long-range rounds which might (in a City location) go through walls or travel distances which would risk injuring bystanders. Rapid fire from close range would be the order of the day.

So what does that make Assault Rifle users? .-.

Oh good, I can see they made Lock n' Load useless for Munitions while still being useful for other sets that don't have Furious. How the heck does that make any sense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess Munitions was doing too much damage.​​
    How many bullets does it take to kill someone?!

Depends, is that someone a robot, or an alien, or a big angry green mutant, or a dinosaur, or a cowboy? Cowboys take like 10 more bullets than the rest because they have an elemental affinity to hot lead.​​
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess Munitions was doing too much damage.​​

Even Hockey has 2 minutes for instigating.
  • How many bullets does it take to kill someone?!

Have you ever looked at the way characters aim in this game? We should consider ourselves lucky bullets do any damage at all, given that nearly all of them are clearly way off!

Have you ever looked at the way characters aim in this game? We should consider ourselves lucky bullets do any damage at all, given that nearly all of them are clearly way off!
    Fits the genre. Bullets only hit bulletproof targets in comics.
    Reminds me of some melee movement attacks....lunge and even I would be like (yeah....I should have missed)
    Yeah, they make some toons a bit less potent by making lock and load another trash tier active offense, but nothing here will outright break builds unless you have something like a rocket launcher spam build.

Lock n' Load is still good, for sets that don't automatically generate Furious with their primary attack. But putting it on a set's AO that has 3 Furious stacks within 10 seconds of combat is just dumb. They removed the crit on it and gave it nothing in return for Munitions, just a straight nerf.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Missions
    Enemies in the Vibora Bay graveyard for the Stalking on Sunshine mission no longer give standard rewards (XP, Resources, etc) when defeated.​​
    That wasn't even one of the better Vibora missions though. :p Heck most were probably level 40 before getting to it.

Oh, I think I only did that mission once, it wasn't the mission that I liked, it was the fast respawning mobs. Outside of the mission it was a good location to grind though because the mobs refreshed super fast. If you can't grind those mobs you'll do just as well grinding elsewhere, which means there's no longer a reason to make a special trip to Vibora.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    So what does that make Assault Rifle users? .-.​​

Either shooting carefully or shooting through walls and hitting people they don't mean to hit. I know. Comics and Realism... ;)

So what does that make Assault Rifle users? .-.

Either shooting carefully or shooting through walls and hitting people they don't mean to hit. I know. Comics and Realism... ;)

I'm going to burn these criminals with fire until they are safely pacified o3o​​
  • It's kind of like stopping bleeding by cutting someone even deeper.
    Cut out The bleeding
    edited June 2019
    It's kind of like stopping bleeding by cutting someone even deeper.

You can't bleed more if I make all your blood shoot out of your body by cutting you extra super hard!

I mean the guns are easy to explain anyways, everyone is using rubber bullets. And rubber rockets. And rubber fire coming out of a flame thrower.​​