test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Current Dragon's Wrath & Tiger's Courage mechanics

monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
Hi Folks, I had a few questions about Dragon's Wrath.

1) Does the defense penetration not work at all on Cosmics per the CO Wiki?
2) If the above isn't true, how does DUC and DW work?
3) Is the bonus on Tiger's Courage is added to the same layer as Offense (and Severity on crit?)
4) Does the crit bonus on TC include bonuses from Specs?

Thanks!

Comments

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    1) Does the defense penetration not work at all on Cosmics per the CO Wiki?
    It does. However it's not defense penetration in the same sense as the usual def pen mechanic.

DW halves the final resistance value of your target. So if they are at 100% resist it hits them like they at 50%. It they are at -20% resist then it hits them like they are at -10%.

It's a bit weird as nothing else behaves this way.
    2) If the above isn't true, how does DUC and DW work?
    DUC subtracts from your target's resist value. Then DW halves it. So if you hit something with 55% resist, DUC subtracts 15% to lower it to 40% then DW halves it to get it to 20%.
    3) Is the bonus on Tiger's Courage is added to the same layer as Offense (and Severity on crit?)
    It used to but was fixed to now buff base damage.
    4) Does the crit bonus on TC include bonuses from Specs?
    The bonus is based on the crit chance on your character sheet. So whatever changes your character sheet values affects the bonus. That means yes for some specs and no for others.
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    Thanks Kamokami.

That's very interesting, so DW can actually reduce your damage. So I think I saw you post that Cosmics have about a 40% dam res? If someone else hits the Cosmic with Shredded and Demolish, you gain the use of the buff too right? Would you also gain Penetrating Strikes and Expose Weakness from others too?

All that plus DUC is 15% + 18% for Shredded, 6% extra for Demolish, plus 20% with PS and EW = 59% or -19% dam res before DW reduces that in half (does this sound right?) LOL, that hurts!

TC seems like it could be really good on EGO w/all DEX mods melee toon.
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Kamokami.
    That's very interesting, so DW can actually reduce your damage. So I think I saw you post that Cosmics have about a 40% dam res?
    Re cosmics, that's 20% to 40% mitigation after debuffs depending on the debuffs applied and the player count.

Sorry if this is confusing. The parser's resistance column is actually mitigation. As in if you hit the Dino with 40% mitigation for 100 damage, you deal 60 damage.

40% mitigation = around 70% resistance.
    If someone else hits the Cosmic with Shredded and Demolish, you gain the use of the buff too right?
    Yes.
    Would you also gain Penetrating Strikes and Expose Weakness from others too?
    No. Not supposed to at least. They are meant to be just for the person applying PS and EW. But I have not tested to see if they work for someone else.
    All that plus DUC is 15% + 18% for Shredded, 6% extra for Demolish, plus 20% with PS and EW = 59% or -19% dam res before DW reduces that in half (does this sound right?) LOL, that hurts!

TC seems like it could be really good on EGO w/all DEX mods melee toon.
    Yes. DW is unbeatable vs targets that have lots of mitigation/resistance but are not debuffed. On heavily debuffed targets there are better options, assuming you are going for more damage.
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Oh, thanks for the explanation on Cosmics. Good to know then that higher penetration is still helpful. I'll have to play around some DW builds. :)

P.S. On the Massacre advantage -- does it have to be your bleed or anyone's bleed for the 30% boost to base damage?
    Oh, thanks for the explanation on Cosmics. Good to know then that higher penetration is still helpful. I'll have to play around some DW builds. :)

P.S. On the Massacre advantage -- does it have to be your bleed or anyone's bleed for the 30% boost to base damage?

Anyone's
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Oh, that's actually interesting to note about Massacre. I did not know that one :open_mouth: I also didn't know much about these powers and why they work like that. Thanks!
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||