test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions about Arbiter and Overseer Trees

monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
Unable to test at the moment so your help is appreciated.

Are the damage Auras of both trees multiplicative? i.e. the % is added to the same layer as Offense and Severity?

Also, Rend and Impact? The stickied threads on these are a bit contradictory. Does one of both debuff damage resistance or the damage the target inflicts?

Was looking to see if these trees would be better than Vindicator for a pure glass cannon build. Thanks!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Last I checked, the Arbiter/Overseer auras are in the earliest dmg layer (that has heavy DR), so they're going to be tiny bonuses for most builds. Rend is an offensive debuff since it lowers the target's resist, while Impact is defensive by lowering their outgoing dmg.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    Thanks flowcyto! What a shame, Aura's seem pretty darn useless and almost looks like Impact's debuff was reversed, i.e. it should have mirrored Rend and debuffed dmg res. Oh well...

BTW, do you know if Anguish in Avenger is a stacking DoT like the Onslaught Slicer and Sniper gloves? Such a small DoT but I wondered about PA toggles making it worthwhile.

Onslaught Slicer says the added damage should be 10% but I have no description on the Sniper gloves but it seems very small added damage in testing, like ~4%.

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Sniper gloves damage bonus is independent of the damage of the attack and scales on the activation time of the power being used. 4% sounds about right.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    As far as Anguish, it seems to scale a bit w/ SS's, and doesn't stack from the same player afaik. I guess its very low dps was meant to be balanced around its resist penetration and partly ignoring dmg shields? Its pretty minuscule overall in pve, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!