test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HOW IS THIS FAIR

bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
[13:26] Sheriff deals 416 (2324) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.

THIS IS A VILLAIN RANK ENEMY
THIS THING IS REDUCING ME AND THE REST OF MY TEAM TO 0 HP WITHIN THE SPAN OF 3 SECONDS OF A MAINTAIN
THIS IS STUPID
How to block a user with μblock:
forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    excerpt of combat log displaying ridiculous damage-escalating version of Shadow Embrace these doofuses are using:

[13:25] Sheriff deals 15 (456) Dimensional Damage to Arcana with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:25] Sheriff deals 261 (427) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:25] Sheriff deals 462 (757) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:25] Sheriff deals 724 (1185) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:25] Sheriff deals 281 (1467) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:25] Sheriff deals 304 (1586) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:25] Sheriff deals 424 (2213) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:25] Sheriff deals 457 (2466) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:26] Sheriff deals 77 (402) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:26] Sheriff deals 126 (659) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:26] Sheriff deals 332 (985) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:26] Sheriff deals 743 (1265) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:26] Sheriff deals 169 (1644) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:26] Sheriff deals 366 (2045) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.
    [13:26] Sheriff deals 416 (2324) Dimensional Damage to you with Shadow Embrace.

To put this in perspective this is a level 30 enemy that's doing about on average 2664 unmitigated DPS over the course of 7 seconds. If you ran it through a parser it'd be even more since this is a 50 ft. cone potentially hitting multiple targets.

This is about as much DPS a tank character of the same level would be putting out to a single target, and usually not as consistently as during a 3-second maintain. Also this is coming from a mob that usually comes in packs of 2-3, and being used against players that, at the Alert SK level sit around 3000-5000 HP.

Also yeah at the end of that maintain the unmitigated DPS is peaking out at around 4000 so you're basically dead within 1 second.
    Post edited by bluhman on

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    What sheriffs are those? I predict it's a bug related to the player version no longer having escalating damage.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It's the Nemesis' Henchmen who use the Darkness power, more noticecable in Nemesis Alerts

GOOD CALL because I always noticed those bastards have been doing escalating damage thats feels like it ingores resistances! I had been cheap shot a lot of times against darkness minions that I couldn't even understand what hit me

Darkness Henchmen Have been stupidly OP since the release of Alerts for some reason, i predict its because they use a wrong formula, so yet again another long running oversight​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    giphy.gif
  • @bluhman when are you gonna update yer costume thread? Hasn't been a new entry since September.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    There are some issues with Nemesis minions and the Nems themselves since the power tweaks. I had noticed the Darkness minion issue too, and the might Nemesis' unblockable stun is fun....
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Something is definitely funky with Shadow Embrace's damage.

I just finished a Vikorin and my Defiance tank, 93% damage resistance + 10% resistance from Virtuous, 20k Hp almost got 100% to 0 in one mantain before I realized what was happening and popped Resurgence.

Specially hilarious cause Viko decided to use that attack while I was disabled.​​
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    Kevin Poe, too. Psimon's block is pretty rough in burst's, too. I saw it wipe most of my team last time I played.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Kevin Poe, too. Psimon's block is pretty rough in burst's, too. I saw it wipe most of my team last time I played.

That one's been around for ages. I haven't said anything about it because in context of that fight it's a bit more balanced, but still confusing. Because Kevin Poe has two variants of Shadow Embrace:

Version A does insignificant damage and doesn't seem to apply fear that often.

Version B Instantly applies fear and does damage in the mid-2000s range by the end of the maintain so unless you block it's probably going to wipe you.

Again, more reasonable when it's only from one target. Less reasonable when you're receiving this attack from 3 different Lieutenants.

• magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Spotted this bug again, this time with Burning Lackeys. Way too strong for a mid-tier Alerts team.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Side note: Psimon's Psionic Reflective Shield is perfectly fine. People need to just pay attention and they won't wipe.

NPC Shadow Embrace's damage does need looking at.
  • I should add, kevin poe does this attack, and it seems to alternate, like 1 will be very mediocre damage, then the next one he does, will absolutely annihilate you. then he does the mediocre one again, it's so weird.