test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what happened to monthly subscriptions ??

I can't access that only see Life time and thats it.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    They were removed. Nearly a year ago.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    There are many threads on this forum that list/discuss your options.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    LTS FTW. Ofcourse it's not as good as it used to be.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Perhaps not, but that sweet, sweet 500 Zen-per-month stipend sure helps sweeten the deal.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gravouis wrote: »
    I can't access that only see Life time and thats it.

The game doesn't advertise this at all, so it's understandable you don't know about it: you can now sacrifice Freeform Slots to turn a Regular Slot into a Freeform Slot. So that's how you would regain access to the Subscription-based Freeforms on your account if you don't want to buy LTS.​​
  • freddy456freddy456 Posts: 2 Arc User
    yeah for almost 30 freaking dollars.. i returned to the game after a couple years to see if they had actually added anything new, and they have actually made it worse.... "hey, returning players, don't bother we don't want you back" is basically what they are saying
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    freddy456 wrote: »
    yeah for almost 30 freaking dollars.. i returned to the game after a couple years to see if they had actually added anything new, and they have actually made it worse.... "hey, returning players, don't bother we don't want you back" is basically what they are saying

Oh good this whole argument yet again. This has been done to death lately so I'll just go ahead and blaze through the points:
    • It's 30 dollars ( 20 if you buy the three pack ) for permanent access to that character.
    • The 15 dollars was for a 1 month rental of all your characters.
    • 15/1 is more money than 30/however long the game lasts.
    • If you can spend 15 dollars a month, then you can spend 30 every 2 months, or 60 every 4.
    • Freeform Slot sales.
    • Farm questionite and convert it to zen.
    • "I was willing to pay until I saw that it cost money"
    • you were spending 180$ a year to play the game before, now you can spend that much to play 9 characters forever ( more if you wait for sales ).
    • Some people are just upset that they can no longer use the bug that let them have a sub for free, not saying you're one of them.
    • This all happened over a year ago and it's not changing now, so go ahead and get your grumbles out of your system and then either adjust to how things are or make the decision to not play anymore, nobody will hold it against you if you decide that, you won't be the first and probably not the last.
    • LTS is a better deal if you have more than 15 characters, 10 if you get it on sale.

EDIT - oh hey look just in time! https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11174453-33%-lifetime-subscription-sale!​​
    The only people the change hurts bad are the people who played a lot years ago (and so may have a fair number of old characters), who then moved on to other stuff and who only randomly drop by the game for a month at a time and want to play all those old characters again. Seems that the game owners thought it cost more to support that system than what's in place now; i.e. they are more interested in people who play consistently rather than once a year. If someone only plays one month/year than a $300/$200 LTS won't be worth it, and probably not the massive $30 to permanently unlock one character either (especially when next time they drop by that person may want to play a different character, not the one previously unlocked).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    well, people like that weren't much of source of revenue though....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    well, people like that weren't much of source of revenue though....
    He didn't say the game owners were wrong.
  • hackerssuckhackerssuck Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ok, so basically pay $30 for each character you want to be permanent, or buy a LTS. Those are the options. Sounds like a desperation money grab to me. The game apparently has a low number of players. They are milking it as a cash grab by offering a LTS like it's a big deal, and then they just abandon the game, and you're out of your money. It can happen. It may happen.
    Well, it's been like this for close on a year now and game hasn't folded yet.

You can also convert old FF characters to ATs and play for free (minus cost of non-free ATs).

The absolute worst thing they did is promise people who were were paying a monthly subscription by credit card that they could keep that subscription as long as there was no break in payment, but CO didn't factor in that all credit cards have an expiration date and that as soon as the card expires the player loses his/her subscriptions and there is (apparently) no way to fix it. Either malicious intent or stupidity on CO's part.
    Ok, so basically pay $30 for each character you want to be permanent, or buy a LTS. Those are the options. Sounds like a desperation money grab to me. The game apparently has a low number of players. They are milking it as a cash grab by offering a LTS like it's a big deal, and then they just abandon the game, and you're out of your money. It can happen. It may happen.

JwLmWoa.png
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    The sub model was retired company-wide, due to the fact that it was costing them more to maintain/use it, than they were making off of it. So, they shifted it around. Makes sense from a business perspective. Something that is causing you to bleed money needs to go away, or eventually; you'll go away.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    I completely understand how the OP feels. I was a subscriber and would subscribe maybe six out of twelve months each year.
    I was really turned off by the subscription change at first and also by the lack of information and communication. When I came back after the change, a lot of the existing subscription pages were still up, they just didn't work. Spending an hour trying to resubscribe through links and methods they hadn't bothered to remove didn't put me in a great mood about the whole thing.

I initially did a freeform slot and a premium pack, justifying it as a couple months of subscription, but was having enough fun with that that when the LTS sale came up I went for it and it has been well worth the money.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    phasestar wrote: »
    I initially did a freeform slot and a premium pack, justifying it as a couple months of subscription, but was having enough fun with that that when the LTS sale came up I went for it and it has been well worth the money.
    One piece of advice someone gave me when I first started was to save up for LTS instead of buying monthly. That worked out quite well for me.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters