test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Rotation for 100% Dodge Tank

monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Builds and Roles
I still have an old DEX PSS Dodge Tank with Elusive Monk and Thundering Kicks. Energy should not be a problem with ~673 DEX and the toon has Justice gear (healing, agility, speed -- precision glove seemed redundant with DEX Mastery) . I'm really not familiar with the Unarmed revamp and how effective Chi Energy debuffs are.

I was wondering what would be a high DPS power rotation for a Warden/Vindicator spec and also for a Brawler/Vindicator spec. I'm guessing Brawler/Vindicator would give higher DPS especially since a dodge tank needs to keep Lithe from Thundering Kicks up.

Thanks all!

P.S. Did I hear there is a dodge debuff at Cosmics now?
Post edited by monsterdaddy on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Chi Energy effects are good for optimizing Unarmed's dmg, assuming you combine Chi Flame w/ a Chi Power effect (typically when you get the 1-pt adv on certain attacks that splits them into part-Dimensional). For UA dps, that ideally means you want a source of Demolish, Chi Flame, and DU or BCF w/ their 1-pt adv for single-target dps (R3 for DU, R2 + shattering adv for BCF)- possibly w/ a quick debuff refresher in there like the Backhand or Knee w/ advs (BCF can already apply/refresh Chi Flame, but you'd still have to handle Demolish then). Even w/ your level of Dex, though, that will still take much energy w/o getting Rush from somewhere (which are now separate 3-pt advs on 'Dragon' moves), but perhaps you will still be fine w/o it.

I am curious, though, what content you are trying to do w/ this? It can already be tricky tanking fights that demand much blocking or moving as a 100% dodge tank, and w/o adding even more things on top. Perhaps just going w/ an easy standby like DC spam in between the dodge upkeep is the better call, in that case.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Content is a very good question. I am disappointed the game has moved away from 100% dodge builds since it was a very challenging build setup. Might just have her do Rampages since they were fun on Dodge builds.

With Brawler, would a TK combo, BCF R3 full charge be a good rotation? Keeps it simple... Is there another Demolish debuff in UA framework beside TK?

EDIT: Oh I see a lot of powers seem to have Demolish added. What do you think of BCF with Shattering Strikes and Righteous Fury? With Chi Flame debuffed on Primary it seems the numbers are best with both those advantages?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Yea, you can go with 100Hands w/ adv (prob takes the longest to apply the debuff, as it takes a full channel) or Elbow Slam w/ adv (which is a charged hold and short lunge now) in UA. But.. there's still Demolish (the power) in Might and Iron Chain w/ adv (prob my fave, cause its relatively quick and cheap, though its not MA and prob not thematic for most builds). TK (for Lithe), Iron Chain (for Demolish), and BCF can work for a trimmed down version of everything (assuming energy is fine).

And I didn't see the original edit, but apparently Kigatilik has a debuff that will lower your dodge, such that you'd want 103.3% for him. I don't have experience w/ that level of content, but apparently some people can still make dodge tanks work at the cosmic level. Main issue is being CC'd, having to block often, and/or any sort of prolonged downtime in a fight that all can impair EM and Lithe uptime (or Fluidity's adv, if you were using that).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!