test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Healer Builds

Comments

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    PRE should be PSS as a 'Healer'.

Replacing both Pyre and Flashfire to Moonstruck(take adv. Nightmare / AoE heal that can apply Pyre patch), you can get a slot.
    Then take a Nanobot Swarm with adv.(Rejuvinating Injectors) that helps you a lot.

Conviction shall be R3. (I recommend to take 2 self heal in this way. Healer must survive in any situations)

Rebirth(100% health) is one of 'must to take' for healers, that work much better then Fiery Embrace. (You could die with Fiery Embrace because of only 50% health)

Instead of taking Fiery Form, you should consider to pick AoED(R3) and switch with AoPM in necessary. It would be a great halp at every endgame contents.

Instead of taking Incinerate, you shall consider taking Rise From the Ashes(adv) as a team rez. Team rez is also 'must' to pick for healers. I think Moonstruck(Nightmare) would give you enough energy with Thermal Reverberation. (But not sure) o3o
  • torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
    How are you supposed to get the energy for the TK ranged build?

Even in support I have no idea where you're supposed to get the energy for this build if you ever decide to go balanced and slot Ego Form or decide upon Seraphim you're going to have energy issues! Even with AoPM I'm kinda doubting it'll really work out, but I haven't actually tried that yet so I can't say for sure. Regardless it certainly doesn't work out too well with Seraphim or Ego Form. Everything costs so much and the build puts so little into anything to mitigate that cost.

So what am I missing? Where are you supposed to get the energy for the TK ranged build?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    torduvide wrote: »
    Energy from form and reverb. It really isn't that hard.
  • torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
    torduvide wrote: »
    Energy from form and reverb. It really isn't that hard.

Not enough. Not even remotely enough. I follow the rotation as given and that energy every 3 seconds doesn't provide enough to even properly channel TK Barrage.

Like without top-tier energy-cost reducing gear and mods I really can't see how you could get this to really even work.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Assuming you mean the TK Ranged build in the original guide, then TK Reverb scales w/ Rec (not SS'd there, but AoPM will boost that), and you want lots of Pres for Compassion and the passive's aura. TK Barrage is a somewhat expensive AoE, so it'll be harder to afford when solo vs. when getting group buffs (and if just hitting target dummies in the PH, then you likely aren't getting Compassion procs for its energy, so that's not going to be a good gauge). You could also swap Dex SS for Rec SS to help w/ energy more that way, at the cost of less crit (may take that route w/o AoPM or AoAC). To a degree, this will be gear dependent.

(and if taking the dual passive approach w/ Ego Form, I'd prob use that in the ranged dps role, not the Hybrid role)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
    Anyone with a healer off tank set up?
  • slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    Looking for feedback on below build, possibly as a replacement for the TK Ranged I have been using created by kamokami, found that energy was hard to come by in Hybrid mode so hopefully this build will help with that. Not a lot different to TK but Telepathic scales with presence and t

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener)
    Level 6: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Compassion (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 17: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 20: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 23: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Thundering Return
    Level 29: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Deplete)
    Level 32: Shadow of Doubt
    Level 35: Mind Break (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics
    Level 35: Mystic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (2/3)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

I was looking for a good replacement for a TK heavy build I made when the framework was originally updated and was wondering how it would perform as well because I don't have a real good grasp of the TK synergies and rotation usage for a build such as this.
    Thanks

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    I have a heal character in leveling mode with Int as PSS. I stack more Pre than Int and have 2 points in Expertise (+20% secondary super stat effects). I swapped around Pre and Int to see how much better Pre would be as primary...it wasn't. With all other choices the same (still stacking Pre more than Int), the heals were stronger with Int primary.

This is not any sort of "final word" on the matter...I could have something else I could do to increase healing with Pre primary; I'm not an expert healer. However, it seems to me that Int primary is an option, as long as Pre is still your main stat as far gear choices & such.
  • aion#0712 aion Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hello, I just wanted to say that as a player who is coming back to the game after years of not playing these guides have been really helpful. I'm looking at messing around with the Magical Damage/Healer hybrid mix that uses Crashing Incantation and I wanted to check a little more in depth into how gearing is supposed to work. I read a that you mentioned Presence primarily, and cost reduction. I also saw for the TK build you suggested Sentinel Brooches, and some other things by name, Growth, Impact, Gambler, Medusa. Arese these the same guidelines for the magical version?

Second question, I saw references to Determination or OV gear, what does OV stand for?

Last question, and sort of a general, can anyone help point me at a guide that helps explain sort of what to do once you hit 40, and what types of things to start grinding for?

I've got a level 40 with a free respec from powers and stuff changing since I last played. I've also started leveling a character to sort of remember the story etc, but I found that between the Nighthawk event and trying to do the alerts for dailies I quickly out leveled trying to follow the story content, which makes it kind of hard to find the right quests etc. The character I was leveling was level 25 and is I think only halfway through the Desert and hasn't even gone to Canada yet.

Sorry for asking so many questions in a long post, I found it's sort of been overwhelming coming back and trying to get things sorted out.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    aion#0712 wrote: »
    Hello, I just wanted to say that as a player who is coming back to the game after years of not playing these guides have been really helpful.

Thanks. I am glad to hear that the guides are useful.
    I'm looking at messing around with the Magical Damage/Healer hybrid mix that uses Crashing Incantation and I wanted to check a little more in depth into how gearing is supposed to work. I read a that you mentioned Presence primarily, and cost reduction. I also saw for the TK build you suggested Sentinel Brooches, and some other things by name, Growth, Impact, Gambler, Medusa. Arese these the same guidelines for the magical version?

For the build that's in this guide, I suggest Sentinel Brooch mods for your primary offense, Impact Prisms for your primary defense, and Spell of Takofanes mod for your primary utility to buff Sorcery damage.
    Second question, I saw references to Determination or OV gear, what does OV stand for?

OV stands for Onslaught Villains. It's content that gives you a temporary become device to turn into one of 3 villains and complete a daily mission as well as kill players that fight you. You can become Grond, Medusa, or Gravitar. I suggest Grond.

As a villain you earn Villain Tokens which can be used to get gear. The best secondary gear in the game, for most builds, is "OV gear"

On the flip side, you can also fight villains to earn Guardian Tokens which are primarily used to complete the daily missions and buy the temporary villain becomes.

To get started visit the Onslaught NPC standing next to the Gold Recognition vendor across from Defender's pod in MC.
    Last question, and sort of a general, can anyone help point me at a guide that helps explain sort of what to do once you hit 40, and what types of things to start grinding for?

See @qawsada 's answer in this thread:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/comment/12827571

Cosmics, Teleios Ascendant, Qliphotic Warzone, and Rampage Alerts are some common bits of content that level 40s do. They reward Silver Recognition (SCR) and Gold Recognition (GCR), which you can use to purchase gear from the Recognition Vendor in MC.

For a guide on Teleios Ascendat, check out:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1212850/teleios-ascendant-video-tutorial

For guides on the Cosmic fights, check out:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1205275/tips-for-giant-monsters-eidolon/p1
  • aion#0712 aion Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you so much for the super detailed information, I really appreciate it. One last question. If I wanted to use the mystic healer DPS as a base, what would be a good power to consider trading out to have a resurrection ability other than the self rez, or should that not be something to worry about?
    Thank you so much for the super detailed information, I really appreciate it.
    You are welcome. Also join TheEndGame channel in case you have more questions. In the game, type the following into your chatbox and hit Enter: /channel_join "TheEndGame"
    One last question. If I wanted to use the mystic healer DPS as a base, what would be a good power to consider trading out to have a resurrection ability other than the self rez, or should that not be something to worry about?

You could drop Masterful Dodge.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    I have an Electric support healer that I use and thinking of updating. Any Suggestions?

BINARY Support
    v3.32:32

Super Stats
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
    Level 6: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Electrical Current (Rank 2, Bad Wiring)
    Level 6: Ionic Reverberation
    Level 8: Medical Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Compassion
    Level 14: Electrocute (Superconductor)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 20: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Thunderstrike (Ionic Compression, Recharge)
    Level 26: Electrical Siphon (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Electric Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 38: Thundering Return

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Electro Flight
    Level 35: Upload (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (2/3)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (1/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Devices
  • brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    About the AoPM Pure Healer build...

Powers
    Level 1: Conviction (Reverence)
    Level 6: Compassion
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
    Level 23: Masterful Dodge
    Level 26: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Gifts of the Storm)
    Level 29: Aurora
    Level 32: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Bionic Shielding (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Ascension (Rank 2, Rank 3)

What powers could I swap for Transcendence and 1x AoE damage power? I really ejoyed the build, just want a dps power for solo content :)
    @flowcyto @kamokami is it viable?
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    If it were my build, I'd drop Ascension for Transcendence and prly Bionic for your AoE. Not having bionic will reduce your viability as a cosmic healer somewhat, but it should be fine. Another alternative for soloing on a pure healer is to pick up some pet and damage devices and slot those on a different build. Psi Accelerator, Ice Grenades, Teleiosaur Pheromones, Revenant of Firefight, and a permanent sidekick are all good options.
    hmm, wasn't considering decives as damage source... thanks for the ideia :)
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Wondering if this would work as a dps/heal Fire build option. Main thing is that I want to keep Hearth (for variety sake). One question is if I could/should sub out the group rez for Flame Prison, go for Sentinel Mastery, and perhaps put the extra 2 adv points into R2 Pyre or Engulfing Flames for Flame Prison? Note that I aim to get Pre to above 500 so that the healing and dps bonus from Comapassion is 20/10, rest would be in Dex.

Asklepion 6 Support
    v3.32:32

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 6: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Hearth (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 14: Pyre (Burning Sun)
    Level 17: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire)
    Level 20: Incinerate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Burninator)
    Level 23: Compassion
    Level 26: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Fiery Embrace
    Level 38: Rise From the Ashes (Spreading Flames)

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Hover Disk (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Blazing Speed (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Primus Spark Shield
    Slot 2: Heroic Resonance
    Slot 3: Draysha Gas Pistol
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited May 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Wondering if this would work as a dps/heal Fire build option.
    Depends on what you mean by "work". But by and large it will be adequate for endgame content.
    brfabeiras wrote: »

Powers

What powers could I swap for Transcendence and 1x AoE damage power? I really ejoyed the build, just want a dps power for solo content :)

Slab's comment is what I would likely do also.
    If it were my build, I'd drop Ascension for Transcendence and prly Bionic for your AoE. Not having bionic will reduce your viability as a cosmic healer somewhat, but it should be fine. Another alternative for soloing on a pure healer is to pick up some pet and damage devices and slot those on a different build. Psi Accelerator, Ice Grenades, Teleiosaur Pheromones, Revenant of Firefight, and a permanent sidekick are all good options.

Alternatively, you could drop Will for Transcendence since Will is mostly being used to poison targets to buff Life Essence. However most targets where that matters, cosmics, tend to already be poisoned by other players.
    If you're only going to have a single spammable heal, Iniquity might not be the best choice, particularly for Dex primary. It's single target, it can't crit, it's a bit rough to maintain without Selfless Ally, and you can't use it to heal yourself (e.g. as part of the genetic siphon rotation at Teleios).
    edited May 2019
    kamokami wrote: »
    Depends on what you mean by "work". But by and large it will be adequate for endgame content.

Yes, "work" as in be useful in end game. Still unsure about that last power though. Which is more useful: the group rez and keeping Dex Mastery, or Flaming Prison and Sentinel Mastery
    If you're only going to have a single spammable heal, Iniquity might not be the best choice, particularly for Dex primary. It's single target, it can't crit, it's a bit rough to maintain without Selfless Ally, and you can't use it to heal yourself (e.g. as part of the genetic siphon rotation at Teleios).

Hmm, well he does have the self heal from Hearth working for him. Maybe not enough? If I wanted to keep just one spammable heal for this build, what would be a better option: Arcane Vitality, Vala's Light? Is Warmth decent (never tried it).

Alternatively, maybe I should ditch the spammable heal and take the Flaming Prison + Sentinel Mastery option and keep the group rez?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Which is more useful: the group rez and keeping Dex Mastery, or Flaming Prison and Sentinel Mastery

Group rez + Sentinel Mastery would be the most useful. Use devices to trigger sent mastery. Even if it's not all that often it will still be better than taking dex mastery.
    Hmm, well he does have the self heal from Hearth working for him. Maybe not enough? If I wanted to keep just one spammable heal for this build, what would be a better option: Arcane Vitality, Vala's Light?
    Arcane vitality is by far the easiest to use (point at target, hold down button) but Vala's Light should be viable.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Any comments suggestions for my BINARY character?
    kamokami wrote: »
    brfabeiras wrote: »

Powers

Slab's comment is what I would likely do also.

Alternatively, you could drop Will for Transcendence since Will is mostly being used to poison targets to buff Life Essence. However most targets where that matters, cosmics, tend to already be poisoned by other players.

Thanks, I'll try both suggestions and see how it goes :)
    Any comments suggestions for my BINARY character?

I suggest ranking your shield to r3 by taking a rank off Conviction. The rest looks good.
  • katiebonnellkatiebonnell Posts: 20 Arc User
    Could you please make versions of these for leveling? Tysm :)
    edited July 2019
    Could you please make versions of these for leveling? Tysm :)
    Leveling build for a healer:
    • option 1: get a vehicle
    • option 2: get a become device
    • option 3: retcon at level 40.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    I would like add option 4: If you're LTS, run AT and retrain at level 40.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Option 5: Add an attack to your healer's build. That tentacly one from Darkness is pretty great on a healer.
    Option 6: Be sure to start leveling during a double XP event and load up on those XP boost devices.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    As of 2019, here are all of the support archetype thread I made base on my experience. I hope this helps the players that aren't fortunate enough to get a Freeform, but has access to these instead.
    The Radiant AT
    The Mind AT
    The Inventor AT
    The Blazing AT
    The Witch AT
    The Tenebrous AT
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    I think this is what I use on my celestial healer-- Mercy.
    I call this build my "I'm here to heal! Oh you have AoRP? I'll use Seraphim! Oh, we really have enough healers... I can kind of DPS" build.

For the most part, decent presence and AoRP means squshy folks are not as squishy.
    If AoRP is present, you can go with Seraphim and do passive healing with that.
    If you have enough healers (like you queued into an alert and BAM Plus Signs everywhere), you can go with the Enchanter passive in ranged DPS role and do a little more damage. If you wanted, you could hybrid in Seraphim and save a power. You could replace that with another aura and have something else to offer at a cosmic. You could get a healing rune power.

But, as far as the heals are concerned, it is a solid build. It can be used to keep people alive. Conviction with Reverence is nice for healing yourself and others around you.

edited December 2019
    I think this is what I use on my celestial healer-- Mercy.
    (...)
    I'd prob ditch both Accel Metab advs (AM has a universal shared cd on procs, and it's not very strong anyways), and maybe pick up Ascension's adv if you're using Illumination often (or maybe just get r2 on the ally res). Otherwise, the build is ofc a bit simplified on its heals and attacks (the 'dps' portion isn't gonna be great, but you can only expect so much w/ fewer workable power slots and a support base), but it looks like it'll work fine for a flexible support-base build.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • grochol1grochol1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi, i've got a question. I'm checked all those healer builds, and any of them got Conviction as a first skill, but when i'm trying to make new character i didnt see this skill. Im doing something wrong, or I need to unlock it somehow?

Oh, and sorry if my question is obvious for You, but im new ;)
    edited April 2020
    grochol1 wrote: »
    Hi, i've got a question. I'm checked all those healer builds, and any of them got Conviction as a first skill, but when i'm trying to make new character i didnt see this skill. Im doing something wrong, or I need to unlock it somehow?

Oh, and sorry if my question is obvious for You, but im new ;)
    CO's character creation only allows you to pick between teir0 powers at first, which are basically comprised of energy builders, and blasts or combos as a basic starter attack. Conviction is a t1 power in Celestial, so it's not going to be available in character creation, and can only be trained as the 2nd power if you get Celestial's energy builder first (ie. pick Radiance, which Kamo did in all of those builds), and visit a Powerhouse trainer in-game to re-train the powers. Ofc, you prob don't actually want Conviction as your 2nd power if you're leveling, since it's not an attack (and energy builders are very low dps), but I also generally wouldn't recommend leveling as a healer either (unless you have friends that want you to group w/ them as a healer, ofc).
  • grochol1grochol1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Oh, ok thanks.
  • lumifae#2280 lumifae Posts: 3 Arc User
    Really good builds to start <3 but i am not sure which one suits me best. I am 14 lvl ff and looking to play healer. But probably i'll be levelling solo most of the times, so I'm considering something like healer-dps. A good soloer but also a healer if necessary. I hate to play melee and full dps thingies. I am literally looking for builds for two hours now. :'( Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all. :#
    Really good builds to start <3 but i am not sure which one suits me best. I am 14 lvl ff and looking to play healer. But probably i'll be levelling solo most of the times, so I'm considering something like healer-dps. A good soloer but also a healer if necessary. I hate to play melee and full dps thingies. I am literally looking for builds for two hours now. :'( Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all. :#

If you want a healer-dps build that can be versatile for most casual content then you could always try an AoPM build, since it boosts all basic stats. Sorcery is also a pretty easy ranged dps set to work with, and has some Support powers to boot. Here's an example build:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
    Level 1: Conjuring
    Level 6: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Compassion
    Level 11: Star Barrage (Rank 2, Light Everlasting)
    Level 14: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Cursed)
    Level 20: Soul Beam
    Level 23: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 29: Indestructible (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Redemption (Rank 2, Salvation)
    Level 35: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Fiery Embrace
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Presence Mastery (1/1)

It's not an early leveling build, ofc, but you can get a basic attack like Eldritch Blast early on and then re-train out of it in the Powerhouse later, when you can get the better attacks (Soul Beam, Wisp, and Star Barrage).

You can also use the Hybrid role when out solo to do more personal dps, and switch to the Support role when you're in groups to help allies more (your AoPM will also be much stronger on allies in the Support role).

Regardless, it keeps the Wisp up for some good buffs and debuffs, and otherwise uses Star Barrage for AoE and Soul Beam for single-target dps. You have a basic healing kit too: an AoE ally heal (Arcane Vit), a strong & long-ranged single-target ally heal (Iniquity), a strong & fast self-heal in Conviction, and both self- and ally rezes. Gears mostly for Pres, w/ some Con and Int.
    @flowcyto

Thank you so much, build looks cool. I can hang out on it i'll try it asap. I was looking forward for you to comment actually(i saw that you helped a lot of peps about builds). Thanks again. :3
    No problem; have fun supporting your fellow heroes out there 8)
    > @flowcyto said:
    > No problem; have fun supporting your fellow heroes out there 8)

I've been trying the build for a while, actually it's so okay for my level for levelling. I'm 14 level and Star Barrage is enough to kill slots. I don't die thanks to Arcane Vitality. Feels very balanced for me.
  • yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
    What happens when presence no longer scales for healers and their auras???
    yannbios wrote: »
    What happens when presence no longer scales for healers and their auras???
    Healers will still prob want some Pres due to the innate bonus healing it gives (and esp if using a Pres-scaling toggle/form like Compassion), but you won't necc have to stack it as high if the ally auras for Support slotted passives are changed to not exclusively scale w/ it anymore.
  • tasoseg#9218 tasoseg Posts: 28 Arc User
    Can anyone suggest a Force/Gadgeteering healer/support build? I can't make one on my own.
    My username is Tasos-EG, but I can't change it :#
    edited July 2021
    Can anyone suggest a Force/Gadgeteering healer/support build? I can't make one on my own.
    Sry if this is a bit too late of a reply, but here's a support build that mixes in some Tech and Force powers:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Support)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 6: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Sonic Blaster
    Level 1: Experimental Blaster (Rank 2, Rank 3, Death Ray)
    Level 6: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 8: Medical Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Compassion
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 17: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Sonic Boom Generator (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 32: Force Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Indestructible
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Sentry: Precise (3/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Fortify (2/2)

Iniquity is ofc your main single-target heal, while Arcane Vit is your main AoE heal (could be Vala's Light instead). You can use taps of the Exp Blaster for single-target dmg, and charge Sonic Boom Generator for some AoE dmg. Conviction can be a quick self-heal and MSA proc. The build also has Protection Field to shield allies and has some reses (Protection Field can also be used to yourself when, say, you go to res someone). Gears mostly for Pres, w/ some Int and Con.

You could use a different support passive than Med Nanites too, if you want to bring a different aura/buff to allies.
  • renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Can someone tell me if this build is viable? It's a themed build. The character uses guns and robots and satellites/alien tech to heal (which is how they use iniquity). My goal with this build is to be a good healer/just keep everyone alone and then deal damage when everyone's health is under control. With the robots, I can have them dealing damage while I'm healing and extra damage when I'm dealing damage. I'm also fixated on not being too squishy, which is why I like having Wall of Bullets, though I wonder how good it really is...

I went with dex as a primary because I was thinking about critial hits, but now I'm thinking maybe I should have Ego as a primary? I also wanted to make sure I had plenty of recovery so that I don't need to use my energy builder to heal people.

I should probably replace Lock and Load with something, but no idea what. For the theme's sake, I can't give up the robots or the guns. I can just say any magic used is alien technology though, lol. I also didn't spend all of the Adv. points because I'm not sure if a power could use those points of if I could put them into a travel power

Shooty Scientist Healer - Freeform (Support)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: Absolute Zero (Dex: 12, Rec: 12)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Tireless (Rec: 8)
    Level 18: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Bullet Hail (Assault, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 6: Killer Instinct
    Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 14: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Munitions Bots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Redemption
    Level 26: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Lock N Load
    Level 32: Compassion
    Level 35: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
    Level 38: Invulnerability
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Energy Swinging (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Swift Skating

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (2/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Persevere (1/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
    Mastery: Sentry Mastery (1/1)
    edited July 2021
    Can someone tell me if this build is viable? It's a themed build. The character uses guns and robots and satellites/alien tech to heal (which is how they use iniquity). My goal with this build is to be a good healer/just keep everyone alone and then deal damage when everyone's health is under control. With the robots, I can have them dealing damage while I'm healing and extra damage when I'm dealing damage. I'm also fixated on not being too squishy, which is why I like having Wall of Bullets, though I wonder how good it really is.
    (...)
    Something like Wall of Bullets is nice, but prob a bit overkill when you already have AoRP, a block enhancer, and Protection Field available. You could still keep it if you really wanted to, though. However, I would prob recommend dropping the special adv on Force Shield (energy shouldn't be much of an issue as a healer, esp if using Iniquity) and instead getting at least a normal rank of it. Getting Con SS can also help w/ survival generally, esp since the Support role has a penalty to maxHP. I'm also a bit unsure why you have R1 Invuln in the build, and a R1 AO like Lock N Load isn't doing much (Ascension is a decent AO for Supports, though still optional). Pets can also die easily to boss AoE in harder content, so the build may not perform that well depending on which content you run. You could keep at least the drones for easier content, though- I suppose. Also, from a dps standpoint, there's not much reason to get an adv like Assault on Bullet Hail if you don't have a way to apply Armor Piercing anyways (you could just get R2 of Bullet Hail), and it'd prob be good to have a solid single-target attack (like TGM).

It'd also be nice to have an AoE heal of some kind. Unfortunately, many of those are still in the magical sets, but fortunately the recent Archery revamp added Medical Arrow for a healing rune (which also has an Illum adv), and that could prob be more in-theme. Sentinel Spec would also be good, at least for the support side of things. A self-res and/or Active Defense could also be nice to have. I'd also recommend using Pres PSS w/ Iniquity, so Selfless Ally can mitigate most of the self-dmg from it, and Pres PSS still has Moment of Glory and some decent defense and healing boosts. Your base dps won't be as high, but you also won't need to heal as much w/ such a defensive build, so you could have more dps uptime overall. Here's an edit of it for general content:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Support)

Super Stats
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 6: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
    Level 1: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 14: Killer Instinct
    Level 17: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Medical Arrow (Rank 2, Illuminate)
    Level 26: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 32: Support Drones
    Level 35: Force Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers
    Level 35: Swift Skating (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Sentry: Fortify (2/2)

(not an early leveling build, ofc)

You'll basically want to keep Medical Arrow up at any time, and otherwise heal/res or dps as the situation demands. If you're doing content where your drones keep dying then maybe don't sweat trying to re-summon them that much and just focus on the encounter at hand. Gears mostly for Pres, w/ some Con and Rec.

You could prob also use MSA as the energy unlock here (Conviction and Medical Arrow can proc it) instead of Killer Instinct, and then you'd want to trade Rec SS for Int SS (and change your Talents to reflect that).
  • renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Thank, I really appreciate it. I haven't done too much super hard content, so I guess i can let go of the bots. I don't mind using magic in the build because the character, in my head uses Rick and Morty levels of "Sci fi BS" so thematically almost anything works. I'd definitely use a magical heal over the arrow since my character wouldn't use a bow, just guns and alien tech beyond human comprehension.

The bots usually take care of any health I lose using Iniquity and then heal others when I'm dealing damage or throwing out shields. But you're right, they do die from the harder content (like the Hi-Pan Dragon alert thing).

I was reworking my build before I saw your reply and I ended up deciding that Presence would be better, but I had Ego there instead, so I'll replace it Con and see what I can come up with your feedback. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help

Edit: Here's what I came up with. I'll miss the robots, but it's probably better for the harder stuff to go without it. I also switched out AoRP to get AoPM, but I'm still not 100% sure which one to take. I just know I don't want the other auras because I'm obsessed with never getting killed/having a team wipe. I'm also not sure about the shield. Does the heal you get from Ebon Shield scale with Presence? Maybe I should go with Eldritch Shield?

I also wasn't too keen on the Sentinel tree and went with Overseer. Is that a bad idea?

I'm a healer...but... - Freeform (Any / Multiple)

Super Stats
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 6: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 6: Killer Instinct
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 17: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 23: Rebirth
    Level 26: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Illumination (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Compassion
    Level 35: Ebon Void
    Level 38: Ascension (Judgment)

Travel Powers
    Level 35: Power Skating (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Fortify (1/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)

Devices
    Post edited by renegade0 on
    edited July 2021
    Okay, well then you could pick up something like Sorcery's Vala's Light or Arcane Vit for the AoE heal, or a maybe life-drain styled heal, and/or another type of healing rune. But it's up to you, as you have a decent amount of different options available. Good luck and have fun out there, either way.