test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 5/16/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2019 in Release Notes
Nightmare Invasion
  • Added Hooked Horns and Wild Fur costumes to the event store.

Crafting Bonus
  • For the next week the Crafting Bonus event will be running.

Costumes
  • Fixed a bug where the Rebel Mohawk costume was not unlocking its materials.
  • Fixed a bug where the Eyes Bulbous costume on females was scaling incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug where females were missing the Tendrils pattern under Skin for legs.
  • Fixed a bug where the Avian Warrior item that Fixer has couldn't be purchased.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Anything on the Open Mission team up ghosts? Kind of a pain trying to form groups for the Nightmare event and a large chunk of players arn't actually there. Excited to see the new costume bits, thanks Kaizerin!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    garyg07 wrote: »
    Anything on the Open Mission team up ghosts? Kind of a pain trying to form groups for the Nightmare event and a large chunk of players arn't actually there. Excited to see the new costume bits, thanks Kaizerin!

There's no permanent fix to this unfortunately. We asked this before and only got the slow team up joining feature. Just make sure you don't switch zones while in Team Up. That's the cause of the ghosts in team up.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    It's mostly funny when when half the players are in groups 7 and 8 and then don't get any benefits from auras because of a break in the group chain. Even when it is announced that they should move to a lower group most of the stay where they are and don't get the performance boost.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • edited May 2019
    Based upon the past three dev sprints you’ve worked on in your patch notes would it be safe to say you spend 90% of time on costume pieces?

Curious to understand if development objectives are being set for you based upon priority for the game and who is setting those priorities?
    Post edited by disposableheroes#7629 on
  • garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    There's no permanent fix to this unfortunately. We asked this before and only got the slow team up joining feature. Just make sure you don't switch zones while in Team Up. That's the cause of the ghosts in team up.[/quote]

Good to know! don't think I've done it yet despite running these things basically non-stop, I know i saw some people trying to 'fix' it by shifting what teams everyone was in but I couldn't really see much benefit as far as clearing the ghosts. Does it just like like the broken team to an old team up and not the current one, and that's why the buffs don't transfer? I know on a few of the larger trains I'll be waiting at say Psi, and it sticks me in the WS team up that's currently going on.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    So how about that Defensive Combo bug fix? ;)
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    You can’t clear the ghost that I’m aware of. Breaks in the groups in the team up are what causes the issue with buffs. For example if there is a ghost in group 5, when you join team up you will be in group 5. If someone with auras is in group 1, but no one is occupying groups 2-4 then people in group 5 and beyond will not receive the buffs of those in group 1. You can remedy this by having all groups occupied up to the group with the ghost, even if only 1 person is occupying each group. This creates a “bridge” linking the groups to receive buffs properly.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    > @disposableheroes#7629 said:
    > Based upon the past three dev sprints you’ve worked on in your patch notes would it be safe to say you spend 90% of time on costume pieces?
    >
    > Curious to understand if development objectives are being set for you based upon priority for the game and who is setting those priorities?
    > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It’s probably based on, rewards and time. They do fix things and The Destroyer mission is one they are currently working on. But they like to have something for us to do and they need rewards.

This is a very heavy tailoring game. So it makes sense that lot of stuff goes into the creator.

I would probably say they spend 60% of their time on rewards and costumes and things like that. 30% on fixing bugs and power revisions.

And 10% on cats.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Based upon the past three dev sprints you’ve worked on in your patch notes would it be safe to say you spend 90% of time on costume pieces?
    That's not a safe assumption. Number of patch notes is not a good indicator for work spent. That said, I think it's safe to say that cosmetics are considered the primary driver of CO.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    2zr7nh.jpg

Just your Weekly reminder.( >wo) b

I shall join you on your crusade

g2XMJ6m.gif​​
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Game is very unstable for me since this patch. I was having zero disconnects, zero crashes, and very rare (and very brief) SNR during the first week of the event. Today, I have crashed twice, Disconnected five times, and had enough SNR's that I have lost count.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I can wait for proper character sorting.

Can't speak for others of course. Or my own content published on this game. Still only a week for that before it's gone.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    I can wait for proper character sorting.

Can't speak for others of course. Or my own content published on this game. Still only a week for that before it's gone.

Well, that's a shame. I use your Powerset Specific Guide to choose some powers for years. Too bad devs will never revert the change.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Crashing, Disconnects, and SNRs continue. It isn't just MC and the Nightmare effects that are causing the crashing. I have had a crash, a disconnect, and several SNRs while in the Red Winter alert.

Whatever you guys 'fixed' has restored the game to the poor reliability experienced during the height of the memory leaks.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    n8mcd wrote: »
    Crashing, Disconnects, and SNRs continue. It isn't just MC and the Nightmare effects that are causing the crashing. I have had a crash, a disconnect, and several SNRs while in the Red Winter alert.

Whatever you guys 'fixed' has restored the game to the poor reliability experienced during the height of the memory leaks.

I can't say anything about crashes or d/cs, but the game has started stuttering very recently. On lesser systems I'm sure this stuttering could definitely lead to crashes, and possibly even d/cs ( I have known some online games that will disconnect you if your framerate is too low, no clue if CO has anything like that ). Like stuttering that I've never had before so this can't be any sort of revert to pre-memory leak fix. This is something new, and considering how low-demand CO is even on max settings it makes me think somebody goofed something up pretty bad o_O​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    Not sure but think this was added in this update but nothing has been said about it?
    screenshot-2019-05-18-21-30-20.jpg

screenshot-2019-05-18-21-30-35.jpg

screenshot-2019-05-18-21-30-50.jpg

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Nah. That's been there for years.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Not sure but think this was added in this update but nothing has been said about it?
    This Team Fortress 2 easter egg has been in game for Years
    https://youtu.be/gghR33iTXjU​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    So, uh, sometime in the last patch or two something broke with wings on female characters; the left wing seems to be twisted down during flight (and possibly the right wing up? Like the whole wing attachment point got rotated a bit, maybe?) This is particularly visible on wings bladed tech & wings butterfly, but it seems to be a problem for every wing type I've tested so far.

Edit: Further testing shows that I can only see this issue on some of my characters; my best guess is that it's tied to one of the slider settings? Not sure.

Edit2: Seems to be the Chest Width slider that's having unintended consequences, here. The problem becomes more visible the further this slider is from 100.
    Post edited by morigosa on
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    morigosa wrote: »
    Edit2: Seems to be the Chest Width slider that's having unintended consequences, here. The problem becomes more visible the further this slider is from 100.

That's some delicious spaghetti. Good bug hunting!​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    This Team Fortress 2 easter egg has been in game for Years
    https://youtu.be/gghR33iTXjU​​

guess i just never really explored the area much, running to do missions and all, wonder what else i have missed? I think i will just take a week end and explore areas and places to see whats out their.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    guess i just never really explored the area much, running to do missions and all, wonder what else i have missed? I think i will just take a week end and explore areas and places to see whats out their.

I remember there was a list with all the Cameos, Easter Eggs and References in CO but I cannot find it anymore

You can check the Tvtropes's Shoutout for a part of the list, it hasn't been updated in long time but it's still helpful
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ShoutOut/ChampionsOnline​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!