test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190510.7 - Misc Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
Destroyer's Factory
  • Added weapon display devices as possible drops from this lair.
  • Added Destroyer Drone costume as a possible drop.
  • Added Destroyer Gauntlet device as a possible drop.
  • Fixed a bug where the Fabricator Arms could be continuously programmed.

Questionite
  • Added bound versions of weapon display devices to questionite store.

Devices
  • Slightly increased the health of the Gadroon Mercenaries device.
  • Updated the tooltip on the Destroyer's Head device.

Powers
  • Added Destroyer and Mechanon drone pet options for Support Drones.

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Added Destroyer Drone costume as a possible drop.
    As a Healing Support Drone skin??
    Added bound versions of weapon display devices to questionite store.
    As in per character?
    Can i we have a Full Weapon Display Device Pack in Z-store? :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Add a display device for Unarmed Martial Arts as well since players that use the keybind to display weapons also use that keybind to put themselves into the unarmed combat pose.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Destroyer's Factory
      /list]

This is actually a really good idea to encourage people into running the instance, while also building an economy around said devices.

Questionite

... and this completely destroys the previous statement ಠ_ಠ

Can't you at least wait 6 months before adding them to Q Store? I guarantee you after all the work put into revamping Destroyer Factory exactly 0 people will run it if the devices are added Q store day 1.​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I would assume that the Weapon Display drop in the Lair is Bind on Equip just so you can resell/move it to an alt that would benefit from it instead of spending Questionite. The price for the Questionite version, which is BoP, is about 50k questionite each.

As for the bug, I got two images.
    Zojx8oH.jpg
    57263ih.jpg
    There is a small opening at the Head bucket where the player could go inside, whether by choice or by a knock back from the bots, and either hide or get stuck inside said bucket.
    edited May 2019
    Ok, my rant is not over.

I must vehemently complain about said store addition, if inevitable, to be done in the Q store.

Questionite is the most easily available currency in the game, even more so than resources.

If anything put the Weapon Devices in the GCR Store for something like 150 GCR.
    Or make them tradeable for 1 Diamond 1 Other Rampage Currency and some SCR/GCR.

No one and their grandmother will run this instance if it's added to Questionite Store when you can gain Questionite from:

- Cosmics
    - Vigilance
    - Alert Dailies
    - AP/CS Dailies
    - Mechanon
    - QWZ Dailies
    - TA
    - OMs
    - Rampages
    - Event Dailies
    - Questionite Boxes from bosses
    - Questionite Crates from Lockboxes
    - Zen Conversion​​
    Post edited by lezard21 on
    edited May 2019
    1aCLRMq.gif
    I'M SO ****ING SICK OF NO UNIQUE DROPS​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I'M SO ****ING SICK OF NO UNIQUE DROPS​​
    Well it does have a unique helm costume drop, and this.
    AzHnQ4kPuwDK.jpg
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Destroyer's Factory
    • Added Destroyer Drone costume as a possible drop.
    • Added Destroyer Gauntlet device as a possible drop.

Powers
    • Added Destroyer and Mechanon drone pet options for Support Drones.

:+1: Nice :)
    Questionite

:+1: Even nicer B)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Destroyer's Factory

Hah, called it.
    Questionite

Nice to see that they think about those who don't want to run the Destroyed Factory. However, I think I'd prefer if it was a drop in the lair only. So peeps would actually do it.

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I hope they cost at least 500k questionite each, so that the value of those found inside the factory aren't reduced to nothing.
    [NbK]XStorm
    edited May 2019
    I think 50k Q is high enough for a character bound cosmetic item that simply lets you display your weapon. It's an ability that's already in game, this item just makes it a bit easier to do while also taking up a device slot.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    No problem with it being in Q-store.

You also don’t need to run events to get vendor items, doesn’t stop people from playing.
    No problem with it being in Q-store.

You also don’t need to run events to get vendor items, doesn’t stop people from playing.

Event Store uses Event Currency. There are only 3 sources of Event Currency:

- Event stuff
    - Drifter Salvage Boxes
    - Lockboxes

2 of those options are indirectly tied with spending rl cash, thus people opt for the ingame farm option.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanwhiiiiileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you can gain Questionite from:

- Cosmics
    - Alert Dailies
    - AP/CS Dailies
    - Mechanon
    - QWZ Dailies
    - TA
    - OMs
    - Rampages
    - Event Dailies
    - Questionite Boxes from bosses
    - Questionite Crates from Lockboxes
    - Zen Conversion
    ​​
    edited May 2019
    It's an ability that's already in game, this item just makes it a bit easier to do while also taking up a device slot.

It's not an ability, it's a bug abuse. Powerscancelallactivations is a debug command, not an RP command​​
    edited May 2019
    It's not an ability, it's a bug abuse.​​

lol, you're over-reaching for Reeeeeeee purposes.

We possess the means to do it, therefore it's an ability. Put in a bug report if you think it's a bug.... or maybe open a poll about it.

zrdRBy8.png
    It's not an ability, it's a bug abuse.

lol, you're over-reaching for Reeeeeeee purposes.

We possess the means to do it, therefore it's an ability

By this insane troll logic, Powerscancelallactivations should still allow the growth effect of Mini Drive to stick, because "wE pOssEsS tHe MeaNS tHerEForE iT's An ABiLitY"

Also, using charge attacks with toggles. we also PoSsEssEd tHE mEaNs tHerEForE iT's An ABiLitY, and yet that was also fixed too.​​
    edited May 2019
    Powerscancelallactivations should still allow the growth effect of Mini Drive to stick, because "wE pOssEsS tHe MeaNS tHerEForE iT's An ABiLitY"

Also, using charge attacks with toggles. we also PoSsEssEd tHE mEaNs tHerEForE iT's An ABiLitY, and yet that was also fixed too.​​

If bugs were fixed, then fine. You can't do those things now so they are not abilities we have as players. You've still to show the weapons out command is a bug. Send in a bug report... that should get you your answer.

insane troll logic​​

Sums it up ;)

zrdRBy8.png
    edited May 2019
    I mean, I really don't care about the Weapon Devices. I only have 2 toons out of 26 that use weapons of any kind, and they are from not revamped sets so I don't use them at all.

I do lament however that I would have liked to see zone for once filled with "LFG to actually do stuff" instead of the usual zone gibberish.

This is why in all my feedbacks regarding the Destroyer Factory revamp I continually stressed out the importance of rewards.

At the end of the day, it seems like the dev team wasted 4+ months of time and resources that could have been spent elsewhere and players wasted time bug testing a lair that will not be run at all (re: vikorin's lair)

/lezardout​​
    edited May 2019
    sounds like super mag withdrawals

If personal magnifiers were ever to be incorporated as Lair only drops, I wouldn't mind farming them at all.​, or buying them from other players that took the time to farm them, thus making the economy spin.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    50k Q is about 110Z in the exchange, so BoE versions aren't going for more than 80-100g. Agree that's not going to especially tempt people to run the lair, but I assume the primary rares are the other two and the weapon display devices are a second tier reward, similar to getting Vikorin primaries.
    edited May 2019
    If bugs were fixed, then fine. You can't do those things now so they are not abilities we have as players. You've still to show the weapons out command is a bug. Send in a bug report... that should get you your answer.

Just go read the wiki description (and it's not even the good wiki), the purpose of the power is to provide players a manual way to deactivate powers that get stuck (most common example PA toggles that keep on firing on a dead enemy despite being untoggled, or some mantains like LArc or Incinerate).

The way people are using it to keep weapons out is by permorming a very specific set of additional steps that are not required for the proper usage of the powercancelsallactivations command.

That a dev would shrug and say it's cool doesn't change the fact it's a bug.
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
    edited May 2019
    That a dev would shrug and say it's cool doesn't change the fact it's a bug.

And even if it were, it doesn't change the fact that it's an ability we already have in-game.... my original point that still stands

zrdRBy8.png
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    While not to lezard's level of vocality, I also think it's unwise to make the Q version available on Day 1. A whole six month delay seems to be a bit too much I'd think it would be wise to promote actually doing the content in the game. Or I think the better argument is to compare it to event currency. A lot of old currency types were outright retired because people had built up massive amounts of it (often through loopholes and bug) and then could sidestep doing the content. I ask why would the dev team want to do that twice?

I will say that my issue is with it being available for raw purchase so soon. I think it should eventually be available by virtue of it being random, similar to some of the SCR purchasable things that also have a drop.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    > @pantagruel01 said:
    > Agree that's not going to especially tempt people to run the lair, but I assume the primary rares are the other two and the weapon display devices are a second tier reward, similar to getting Vikorin primaries.

Phone quoting woot \o/

Anywho the devices not being as rare as some other lair rewards (nemesis confrontation costumes, vikorin device) is all the more reason not to include them in Q store. Knowing that there is a decent chance to get a drop that you can sell for 300-500g per run would further encourage people to run said lair.

If lair has a decent chance BUT also you can just bypass purchase said reward then why the heck even bother
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    BUG: Seems that something about this update has broken all of the customized interfaces, this needs to be to fixed before this goes live.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'm glad that the vanity thingies are available in the Q-store right away, cause that's likely how I plan to get them. I might run the lair a few times but I appreciate it not having to be my main avenue of acquisition.

This lair is still part of a leveling quest chain, so there is still motivation for people to do it. I imagine the hope with this update is that when those leveling up say "Anybody wanna help me finish this quest?" in zone, somebody without the quest now might have just a bit more motivation to run it with them beyond just wanting to be helpful. I'm not sure "getting lvl 40s to run this lair en masse" was an objective, nor that it necessarily should be. After all they didn't make it an Epic lair, they made it "a mid-level lair that happens to have something for higher level people too".​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    If lair has a decent chance BUT also you can just bypass purchase said reward then why the heck even bother

I'm sure some people will run it just for the experience and opportunity to team up in non Cosmic or Endgame lair style content.

I'm sure some people will run it just for the experience and opportunity to team up in non Cosmic or Endgame lair style content.

If I run it, it's gonna be for the dumb "Fist Pet" device u3u​​

As I said in Discord, I'll see y'all in 6 months and we'll compare notes and see if we can count the numbers of Destroid Factory runs in 2 hands.​​
    edited May 2019

I'll run it for the costumes, gauntlets and devices :)

zrdRBy8.png
    edited May 2019
    I'm more curious how many non-40 players would run it, or if they can handle its difficulty.
    nbkxs wrote: »
    BUG: Seems that something about this update has broken all of the customized interfaces, this needs to be to fixed before this goes live.
    I notice that. I move my Target Status related stuff and Open Mission/PvP somewhere else and those got move back to the default location from this update.
    nbkxs wrote: »
    qawsada wrote: »
    I notice that. I move my Target Status related stuff and Open Mission/PvP somewhere else and those got move back to the default location from this update.

I bet it's the weapon display devices. Quick! Stick them in PTS for 1 year to proper test them o3o​​
    I bet it's the weapon display devices. Quick! Stick them in PTS for 1 year to proper test them o3o

What's there to test? We already know what's wrong u3u just gotta fix it.​​
    edited May 2019
    I bet it's the weapon display devices. Quick! Stick them in PTS for 1 year to proper test them o3o​​
    After some discussion, I have to agree that its more that the new device tray design reset the custom interface. Understandable, but it going to peeve some people when it goes live. Its probably a good idea to /screenshot_ui_jpg your custom interface in Live right now as reference when you have to move them back after the Live update.

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    As I said in Discord, I'll see y'all in 6 months and we'll compare notes and see if we can count the numbers of Destroid Factory runs in 2 hands.​​

Well, when this goes LIVE perhaps we could both get a few people together and encourage runs? But if you'd rather not support or encourage that...well I dunno what to tell you.

Once people run through it and understand it to some extent, they'll try all sorts of stuff with it. I know for myself, I'm eager to see how this goes down on LIVE...if it'll be something which is soul destroying or is something which is actually fun and completed with a team of attentive players (and no, I don't mean like STE lol, that can be soul destroying).

As mentioned already, if this is still meant to be in line with the mission chain it provides...it should be done quite a bit if people are running through mission chains.
    edited May 2019
    Well, when this goes LIVE perhaps we could both get a few people together and encourage runs?

That's ravenously insane. Please calm down ravenforce, you're going super nuts o3o
    (and no, I don't mean like STE lol, that can be soul destroying)
    Why you don't run this with me? oAo
    37ca440b28c24451e40374bd7c3555371511050591_thumb.jpg​​
This discussion has been closed.