test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Psi-Priest

Hi All

So I'm back after quite some time and looking to try out a new combo for new build I've come up with. nothing to fancy this time or anything complicated as I can't afford to keep changing costumes/powers out that much as I chuold do now. (Can't find a/or get a reliable income of G).
(Or I just delete the crh and reset the level 40 with tokens, but that's too crazy)

The concept for this build is excaly the title. a Psioinc-Priest, to get the basics of how he'll work out: He'll be a Telekinesis/Celestial (Hybird Role) Build. <Support/Damage>. For the thame itself, he'll involve around the following (See here: https://xcom.fandom.com/wiki/ADVENT_Priest). So minor Telepathy powers will be used. (Mind Control/Mindful Reinforcement Perhaps? and some sort of power that locks mobs out of a fight, etc.)

But main focus is Telekinesis/Celestial (Kinetic Darts/Strike/Burst/Shards or Barrage/Etc) (Illumination/Conduit/Conv/etc)

Here is a mock up build for powers likely in the build (ofc, it's a mockup, not the build itself): https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=1274000000001O0000F000F305F805F903K900KA0HFE00FK0CFL05GN00K500G400GF00KK0300020000000010000000000&e=

Ideally will try to stick with the SS (Dax/Intel/Rec) (Dax/Int/Con), due to gear and such. (As finding gear is another story and pain in the ****)

Legion.
Psi.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It wouldn't be you w/o another 'psionics' build request :p

Anyways, assuming you want to play a hybrid of support and dps, then you may want to use something like Seraphim as the passive. Ego Form is good for a dps focus, but is an offensive passive that you can't use in Support role, while Seraphim is more of a mix of healing and (Paranormal) dmg boosts and is a support passive that can't be slotted in a dps role. You prob also want TK Lance or Assault for single-target dps. I would also prob use Mental Storm and/or Ego Sleep instead of Mind Control (Mindful Reinforcement is a heal/bubble spell, not a control power); as disables, they have more utility (even when just tapped for debuffs, which is better for dps).

You'll want a fitting toggle/form (Shadow Manifest is a newer form in Darkness that procs on Mental States, and scales w/ Pres; maybe try that since its somewhat of a heal/dps form), and prob also add a fitting energy unlock. Gear also shouldn't be too difficult to re-tool, as you can just buy cheap lvl 37-40 stuff in the AH that matches your new SS's (mainly, switching Dex and Int for Presence) and stick cheap rank 4-5 mods in there. If you want some in-game resources relatively easily, you can just do some quick Smash alerts w/ another character that you have a good & full build on (and/or you can buy cosmic keys w/ Zen and sell them to other players).

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=16730nYOPZaQ1O0000F000F303FG00L700K703F805K505FQ03K403GK00FE01G704K901KK032jML1knK0DnO10000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 8: Shadow Manifestation
    Level 11: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Sudden Impact)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Mental Storm
    Level 29: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 35: Illumination (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Transcendence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Mind Blink
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (1/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (1/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

For dps, it alternates between TK Strike and TK Lance for single-targets, and uses TK Burst for AoE. You can also rotate in taps (or charges) of Ego Sleep and Mental Storm for procing debuffs that can help the team (Stress, Fear, Disorient, Wither, Vuln, Trapped, and Sentinel Mastery). You also have a basic ally healing set and can res allies in a pinch w/ the ult. Gears mostly for Pres, w/ some Con and Rec (and some cost discount on gear).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    It wouldn't be you w/o another 'psionics' build request :p

Anyways, assuming you want to play a hybrid of support and dps, then you may want to use something like Seraphim as the passive. Ego Form is good for a dps focus, but is an offensive passive that you can't use in Support role, while Seraphim is more of a mix of healing and (Paranormal) dmg boosts and is a support passive that can't be slotted in a dps role. You prob also want TK Lance or Assault for single-target dps. I would also prob use Mental Storm and/or Ego Sleep instead of Mind Control (Mindful Reinforcement is a heal/bubble spell, not a control power); as disables, they have more utility (even when just tapped for debuffs, which is better for dps).

You'll want a fitting toggle/form (Shadow Manifest is a newer form in Darkness that procs on Mental States, and scales w/ Pres; maybe try that since its somewhat of a heal/dps form), and prob also add a fitting energy unlock. Gear also shouldn't be too difficult to re-tool, as you can just buy cheap lvl 37-40 stuff in the AH that matches your new SS's (mainly, switching Dex and Int for Presence) and stick cheap rank 4-5 mods in there. If you want some in-game resources relatively easily, you can just do some quick Smash alerts w/ another character that you have a good & full build on (and/or you can buy cosmic keys w/ Zen and sell them to other players).

Hey Flow, long time no see, how are you doing? and yes it won't be me without "Psionics" and hey if we ever get thrown into the CO wrold (IRL), you'll kown where to find me (and how).

I not had in mind to use Seraphim as the passive, so that is delf something I'll surely do, as for the powers I'll mix and match to see what I can do. But so far looks great as it is. I've not tried any of the new powers yet (Passives/EU wise) so this is gonna be something new for me, but sounds great!.

As for the Gear and Such, I'll try to look in the AH, but my Key Seller quit the game, so Selling Keys is gonna be a bit hectic. As it's rare to see them. But getting off my lazy **** and doing alerts however is something I really should BE DOING!. I'll check my gear that I have but I am pretty sure for this Crh anyhow. I have the Vig Gear and then points that focus on Int/Rec and Con. (With one that has high Dex), tho not sure if its helps Pres yet, will need to check.

But thanks again Flow!

Psi.
    edited May 2019
    cryneting wrote: »
    Hey Flow, long time no see, how are you doing? and yes it won't be me without "Psionics" and hey if we ever get thrown into the CO wrold (IRL), you'll kown where to find me (and how) ...
    Heh, hey bud. I'm doing fine.
    Well, if you want to sell keys and be 'lazy' about it, you can always just list them in the AH and wait for them to sell there. You'll want to peep at the current prices they are selling there to gauge what you can put them up for (even one sold key can be enough for a decent starter set of gear). Since Vigilance gear is pretty strong and already allocates stats to your PSS, you can just keep that. Then its prob just the Primary gear you want to consider redoing to fit your new SS's (mainly Pres, but some Con for maxHP and Rec for more energy), and that can be pretty cheap on the AH- depending on the listings.

(also, I assume when you type 'crh' that you mean 'character'?)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    cryneting wrote: »
    Hey Flow, long time no see, how are you doing? and yes it won't be me without "Psionics" and hey if we ever get thrown into the CO wrold (IRL), you'll kown where to find me (and how) ...
    Heh, hey bud. I'm doing fine.
    Well, if you want to sell keys and be 'lazy' about it, you can always just list them in the AH and wait for them to sell there. You'll want to peep at the current prices they are selling there to gauge what you can put them up for (even one sold key can be enough for a decent starter set of gear). Since Vigilance gear is pretty strong and already allocates stats to your PSS, you can just keep that. Then its prob just the Primary gear you want to consider redoing to fit your new SS's (mainly Pres, but some Con for maxHP and Rec for more energy), and that can be pretty cheap on the AH- depending on the listings.

(also, I assume when you type 'crh' that you mean 'character'?)

Glad to hear your doing great, but all in all I really should get off my Lazy **** and start useing the builds I make, rather than toy around with them. So I'll start doing that. I'll see what I can do in the AH as well for items.

As for Crh, yes I do mean that, tho I have a habit of saying crh rather char (Whoops)

As for the build: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&amp;n=My Edit&amp;d=16730nYOPZaQ1O0000F000F303F805K703FE00K900K403FQ03FK0CL700GC00K5030000KK002jML1knK0DnO10000000000&amp;e=

Like the fire build I opted out of one power and replaced it with another. Although I am not sure how useful Shards is to keep the re-fresh up. So we'll have to see. I've also gone for another Cel power. Expulse for its rune. (But just noticing the it has it's own.). So going back to Illumination might be better.

I am not too much of a fan of Mental Strom, so I'll try to squeeze in a power to replace it (Mental Leach/SoD?). If all possible and as for the last power. I'll play around, but I'll moreless likely want to try keep MC in for simple thameic reasons. (As long as it won't hinder the build darstacily).

tho let me kown what you think.
    Psi.
    You don't really need TK Shards for refreshing Ego Leech here, since TK Burst can apply it in AoE as is, and your normal rotation w/ TK Strike and TK Lance has Ego Leech management built in.

I'm still not big into recommending confuses/dominates like Mind Control, but you can keep it if you really want it. If you are dropping Mental Storm, though, then you'll prob want to get the Stress adv on TK Strike again. Either way, I'd add back in Ego Sleep too, since it can help proc the CC-related debuffs (Mind Control's Corrupt doesn't, as its counted a Curse instead). W/o a hold like Sleep or MStorm, you can't really proc those debuffs and then you wouldn't want to spec for them (and even then, Sleep alone can't give you as high uptime on them, due to its cd).
    You don't really need TK Shards for refreshing Ego Leech here, since TK Burst can apply it in AoE as is, and your normal rotation w/ TK Strike and TK Lance has Ego Leech management built in.

I'm still not big into recommending confuses/dominates like Mind Control, but you can keep it if you really want it. If you are dropping Mental Storm, though, then you'll prob want to get the Stress adv on TK Strike again. Either way, I'd add back in Ego Sleep too, since it can help proc the CC-related debuffs (Mind Control's Corrupt doesn't, as its counted a Curse instead). W/o a hold like Sleep or MStorm, you can't really proc those debuffs and then you wouldn't want to spec for them (and even then, Sleep alone can't give you as high uptime on them, due to its cd).

Ahh that's ture, I've gone back to the build you provided me: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&amp;n=My Edit&amp;d=16730nYOPZaQ1O0000F000F303F805K703FE01K505K403FQ03GK00L700GC00K905G704KK032jML1knK0DnO10000000000&amp;e=

Sleep feels quite useful due to AoE and prevents attackers (if only MC was buffed). I went back with MS as well, due to unranked and a simple tap feels fine.

Might use a device to fit the niche of a confuse/control.
    Psi.
    Okay. Brilliance on Illumination isn't really that useful in pve, though. I'd instead put those adv points into ranking the main travel power.
    Okay. Brilliance on Illumination isn't really that useful in pve, though. I'd instead put those adv points into ranking the main travel power.

Alright then, done and done!.

Thanks for the help and great to see you once more, I promise the next time you see me, it won't be Psionic (Maybe....)
    Psi.
    P.S: I just reliazed I had the wrong EU (Eng Unlock). caught it before I did anything
    Psi.
    edited May 2019
    Yea, it should be TK Reverb, not TP Reverb. Easy mistake to make. Regardless, hope it works well for you.