test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SPECTRE COSTUME CONTEST!

irandellxirandellx Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Costumes and Concepts
Be Silly CC
Costume contest by SPECTRE

Spectre invites you to our Costume Contest with the theme 'Be Silly CC'. The categories we've prepared for you are a collective of the interweb's finest memes! That being said, all of the categories are entirely up to your own interpretation and imagination. Lastly, for this event, we would like to show our appreciation to the people who takes the time to make their costumes and attend our CC, so we will be giving out 500 Globals to every contestant in the first Powerhouse Theatre Zone as a participation reward. Get creative and be silly!

Categories :Winter Is Coming, Let's Get Some Starbucks, Bad Luck Brian, I Identify As An Attack Helicopter, Thots & Prayers.
Where : Powerhouse Theatre
When : May 11th, 2019 (Saturday) at 7:00 pm Server Time/Pacific Time

Prizes:
  • Winter Is Coming :
    ▪ 1st Place : 3,000 Globals + Rank 9 Upgrade Catalyst
    ▪ 2nd Place : 2,000 Globals + Rank 8 Upgrade Catalyst
    ▪ 3rd Place : 1,500 Globals + 10 Crates of Drifter Salvage
    ▪ 2 Honourable Mentions : 1,500 Globals (750g ea.)

• Let’s Get Some Starbucks :

• Bad Luck Brian :

• I Identify As An Attack Helicopter :

• Thots & Prayers :
    ▪ 2 Honourable Mentions : 1,500 Globals (750g e)

• Mystery Prizekeeper Rewards :
    ▪ Target Locked (Device)
    ▪ Gold Voucher Costume B
    ▪ Gold Voucher Special Items B
    ▪ Crates of Questionite
    ▪ Crates of Drifter Salvage
    ▪ 30 Cosmic Keys

• Trivia Segment Prizes :
    ▪ Total of 100x Cosmic Keys

We’ve also created a channel called ‘SpectreTrivia’ mainly for the trivia segment. As for how this works, While the judges are going around evaluating, we will ask you tons of trivia questions that correlates to the event's theme, and the first person to answer correctly will be given a prize! Joining is totally optional but I highly suggest you do because it will be a lot of fun! Simply type the following in game : /channel_join SpectreTrivia , OR right-click a chat tab from the chatbox, go to the ‘channels’ tab, then type SpectreTrivia and join.

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! During the event on May 11th 2019 between 7:00pm - 10:00pm Server Time, any players who will attend the Spectre CC either to participate or to simply watch will all receive the following rewards.

Perk : Show-Off
    Titles : The Show-Off & Show-Off
    Emote : Cheer03

These, of course are exclusive rewards that you can only get during the costume contest so join us for tons of fun and awesome loots! (Very special thanks to @ Kaizerin, Cryptic Developer for reaching out and making the event extra fun!)

Rules :
    i. No switching! & No clones!
    ii. Auras, Powers, travel powers, weapons & action figures are allowed.
    Magnifier / shrinker devices are also allowed as long as they don’t occupy more than one block/square on the stage. That being said, contestants who will use a magnifier device should stand at the far back of the platform so they don’t bother anyone who’s behind or beside them.
    iii. Zone chat are only to be use by the Judges and the Host.
    iv. Winners should accept their rewards and then stand on the host’s left and right side for public viewing.
    v. HAVE FUN !!!

**For any questions please feel free to approach any Spectre member or contact @Rax on the official CO discord or @irandellx in-game.
Post edited by irandellx on

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Are you clearing the Spectre SG Bank?

JESUS​​
  • mornmist01mornmist01 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Sounds like fun!
    edited April 2019
    When a SG offers better rewards than an official CC
    Devs:
    Monkey_Puppet.jpg​​
  • lezard21 wrote: »
    When a SG offers better rewards than an official CC
    Devs:
    Monkey_Puppet.jpg​​

They'd have to bust out the Therakiel Swords to top this one.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Spectre is really generous, look at ALL those PHAT Rewards
    e07.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Will images of the winners be posted?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    The categories listing says "Overly Attached Girlfriends", but the rewards listing says "Let's Get Some Starbucks". Could you clarify which one is the correct one? :)
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Are you clearing the Spectre SG Bank?​​
    No, that's people donating chunks of their personal stashes. The SG bank doesn't have that much in it.
  • irandellxirandellx Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The categories listing says "Overly Attached Girlfriends", but the rewards listing says "Let's Get Some Starbucks". Could you clarify which one is the correct one? :)

oh derp, that was my bad. the correct category is 'Let's Get Some Starbucks', thanks for pointing it out!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

hmm, we could if people are interested in that.
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    No, that's people donating chunks of their personal stashes. The SG bank doesn't have that much in it.

I think there are a couple of Eroded Shards in there. We could add those.

I think there are a couple of Eroded Shards in there. We could add those.
    We might be able to add some Recovery 8s or even 9s :)
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Let’s Get Some Starbucks sounds like my typical Mon-Fri! This sounds like a fun CC, excited for it!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Let’s Get Some Starbucks sounds like my typical Mon-Fri! This sounds like a fun CC, excited for it!

Haha mine also. I'm excited to see what people make for that category.
    irandellx wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

hmm, we could if people are interested in that.

I'm not in to CCs myself, but I'd love to see what the winners come up with, at least if they are willing to allow the images to be posted.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • choromyslnychoromyslny Posts: 5 Arc User
    I don't suppose there's a consolation prize for the CC actually taking place on my birthday is there? Have to bring my Sister of Battle for "Thots & Prayers" now...
    I don't suppose there's a consolation prize for the CC actually taking place on my birthday is there? Have to bring my Sister of Battle for "Thots & Prayers" now...

thats cool!, what's your in game @handle?
  • choromyslnychoromyslny Posts: 5 Arc User
    Handle is @choromyslny
    (promptly banned from CC event)
    Handle is @choromyslny
    (promptly banned from CC event)

hah nah, aight. we might have something extra for ya ;P
    updated. check out the new stuff added :D
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I honestly dunno how I can make a costume out of those categories. But imma try to whip something up.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! During the event on May 11th 2019 at 7:00pm Server Time, any players who will attend the Spectre CC either to participate or to simply watch will all receive the following rewards.

Perk : Show-Off
    Titles : The Show-Off & Show-Off
    Emote : Cheer03

These, of course are exclusive rewards that you can only get during the costume contest so join us for tons of fun and awesome loots! (Very special thanks to @ Kaizerin, Cryptic Developer for reaching out and making the event extra fun!)

Thanks to both the CC organisers and the dev team for coordinating this, very exciting.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    updated. check the trivia segment part :)
    Hopefully that will make it easier for y’all to filter through the answers. It won’t be an easy task with so many people!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    PHT full 2 hours in advance. Kind of like going to see Avengers Endgame. Hope everyone has fun.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    Thank you all for hosting a superb CC and for the generous prizes, time and effort you put in. It was superb fun and I am proud to have come 3rd. amongst so many excellent costumes.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Another Wight Boy winner, terrible!
  • bubbaantbubbaant Posts: 3 Arc User
    My first experience at such a big event and some feedback:

Disappointing that half the trivia questions needed to have links copied/pasted to see the picture that was in the link. Wish I knew how people were doing it, I couldn't even copy a link without chat flying by so fast!
    I think the text in the pictures could have been typed out in game as an actual question people could read instead of trying to get to an image outside of the game...

Not sure if a cosplay of a character is considered a clone? But honestly that Bowsette was the only one who deserved the win out of that group of winners (Just my opinion. Also my opinion: Waaaay too many "sexy nuns" killed that category, must have been though to pick just 3 of them lol.)

I didn't get the zone 1, 500G participation reward. :(
    I didn't (and still don't) see it posted here, but when someone else "complained" they were told it was "because he wasn't there from the start". Wish that "requirement" was clear from the start so I didn't sit there for hours trying to switch zones... Then once I was able to, waiting around another couple hours for a reward I wasn't going to get anyway... If I missed it, please point it out, I'll admit to being blind. XD
    I have screenshots showing I was there... was standing next to one of the eventual winners (and felt bad about my terrible costume because his was so cool, lol, but hey, 500G for participation!).
    If not for the participation reward, I would have just looked at the cool costumes and left during the trivia bit because I couldn't copy the links posted... I knew my costume wasn't a winner but 500G is 500G.

Dev Rewards for a player run costume contest. Cool... I do hope other costume contest hosts get similar treatment. Also makes me wonder how one gets those dev tokens for those really cool costume pieces in that one vendor...

Overall, was fun and indeed silly, but not worth the time it took between showing up an hour plus early, not able to get into a zone, then getting into the zone only to wait a for more hours and not getting what was promised because of an unwritten rule (again, maybe I am blind?).
    Were there any pictures taken of the winners?
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • It would have been nice if you guys had clarified that only parody outfits would be selected as winners, if I had known that I wouldn't have wasted the afternoon standing in the PT for hours.
    Oh shut up. It was called a silly CC. Don’t be such a little moaner
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for the event, from Spectre to the Devs to the Contestants.

I too would like to see the pictures of all the winners. Lots of funny concepts.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Oh shut up. It was called a silly CC. Don’t be such a little moaner

Don't you have old threads to necro?
    No, but I have 3.5k winnings and a rank 9 catalyst to spend!

Thanks For the CC!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Thank you for coming everyone and making it such a fun event! We really appreciate the time everyone took to make their outfits as well as join us in the PHT. It was awesome!

Here are screenshots of the winners.

20190512004643_1.jpg

20190512004503_1.jpg

20190512004516_1.jpg

20190512004522_1.jpg

20190512004448_1.jpg

20190512004824_1.jpg

Thanks again for coming out. We look forward to seeing you and your creations in the next one!

It would have been nice if you guys had clarified that only parody outfits would be selected as winners, if I had known that I wouldn't have wasted the afternoon standing in the PT for hours.
    It's important to remember that, for any costume contest, the most likely outcome is 'not winning'.
    bubbaant wrote: »
    My first experience at such a big event and some feedback:

Disappointing that half the trivia questions needed to have links copied/pasted to see the picture that was in the link. Wish I knew how people were doing it, I couldn't even copy a link without chat flying by so fast!
    I think the text in the pictures could have been typed out in game as an actual question people could read instead of trying to get to an image outside of the game...

Not sure if a cosplay of a character is considered a clone? But honestly that Bowsette was the only one who deserved the win out of that group of winners (Just my opinion. Also my opinion: Waaaay too many "sexy nuns" killed that category, must have been though to pick just 3 of them lol.)

I didn't get the zone 1, 500G participation reward. :(
    I didn't (and still don't) see it posted here, but when someone else "complained" they were told it was "because he wasn't there from the start". Wish that "requirement" was clear from the start so I didn't sit there for hours trying to switch zones... Then once I was able to, waiting around another couple hours for a reward I wasn't going to get anyway... If I missed it, please point it out, I'll admit to being blind. XD
    I have screenshots showing I was there... was standing next to one of the eventual winners (and felt bad about my terrible costume because his was so cool, lol, but hey, 500G for participation!).
    If not for the participation reward, I would have just looked at the cool costumes and left during the trivia bit because I couldn't copy the links posted... I knew my costume wasn't a winner but 500G is 500G.

Dev Rewards for a player run costume contest. Cool... I do hope other costume contest hosts get similar treatment. Also makes me wonder how one gets those dev tokens for those really cool costume pieces in that one vendor...

Overall, was fun and indeed silly, but not worth the time it took between showing up an hour plus early, not able to get into a zone, then getting into the zone only to wait a for more hours and not getting what was promised because of an unwritten rule (again, maybe I am blind?).

They did indeed announce that only those at the start of the CC in Zone 1 would get a prize. They said they had members of Spectre making lists of those who attended. How would it be fair if someone snuck in last minute after a contestant lost his connection and claimed a prize whilst the person who had been in Zone 1 for hours did not?

As to there being too many sexy nuns, I actually agree, despite winning 3rd place with Magnun. It was the obvious choice for Thots and Prayers, although I did see other concepts and the actual winner was more of a librarian look, but that was because they actually designed it for the Starbucks meme and was surprised to win in the Thot's category lol. However, every category had quite a few similar concepts, such as the huge presence of GoT inspired costumes. Besides, with over two zones worth of entrants, it was inevitable that some concepts would be similar.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Okay, I can see how Patronizer took the Bad Luck Brian category. :x That's a really good one.
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    As the 2nd place winner for the Winter is Coming category, I felt rather left out for being literally the only guy not to have a Game of Thrones concept. I just had this one test costume for a few years and thought, "Y'know, the category says winter in the title and I've had this outfit for so long, why not touch him up a bit and make him his own character and throw him in?"

Shout outs to my sister who kept me online idling for almost 6 hours straight while I was at work so I didn't lose my spot :#
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    It would have been nice if you guys had clarified that only parody outfits would be selected as winners, if I had known that I wouldn't have wasted the afternoon standing in the PT for hours.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thing is, it's their money. Literally their 50,000+ G they're handing out to people of their choice (that's just for people who showed up in the 1st instance that received 500g, not counting all the other winners that got keys, tokens, more G, etc, on top of that).
    They basically have the right to do whatever the heck they want with it in the end. Even if that comes to questionably trolling the entire community with completely insane categories while posting trivia that boils down to who can open a JPG the fastest in a game that doesn't exactly got a built-in browser, et-cetera.

How you feel about that is your choice. Just remember, for each hour you spent waiting for that contest, they probably spent a collective 2+ hours gathering the resources and items just to host it, for something that culminated in an event that, obviously, not everyone really appreciated.

But you know, I sure did. I showed up an hour in advance (some people were standing in Zone 1 for 8+ hours and then lost connection or crashed before then! I would've hated to that!), didn't even have a costume that fit the categories posted because I didn't even see the forum post for it until about 3 minutes before the CC started, flailed across a keyboard futilely attempting to answer weird questions, posted some suspect images that I wasn't expecting anyone to actually follow because it wasn't even in the right chat channel for the trivia questions, got some money, poked some developers... And well, I had fun, so all in all it was an OK experience.

Thanks for hosting, Spectre.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

thank you everyone for coming! It was really fun! We promise that next time it would be even better and more polished.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    They did indeed announce that only those at the start of the CC in Zone 1 would get a prize. They said they had members of Spectre making lists of those who attended. How would it be fair if someone snuck in last minute after a contestant lost his connection and claimed a prize whilst the person who had been in Zone 1 for hours did not?

Devil's advocating here because I didn't see the it in any of the ads leading up to the contest either, but it would have been nice if it were stated in the official post on the first page or in the link they posting in game. Just a little blurb something like "Only those in Z1 AT THE START TIME will earn their bribery pay" or if they chose to say "the first 100 people..." for clarity and to stop any crying. Anyone complains they can be like "See the post", problem solved. I shared the post's link here with a couple friends who didn't know they couldn't switch into z1 mid way thru and were annoyed as well but left when that one guy started his tirade in trade chat... which in turn opened more spots and I was honestly surprised there wasn't more complaining...
    A simple, available to everyone, post could have prevented any misunderstandings. Just as all the other rules were in the post well before the event that Z1, at a specific time, requirement could have been as well.

In the end it was a fun contest, wish the trivia went a bit more smoothly, and I would definitely attend the next one =)
    edited May 2019
    I have a few issues with the CC I would like to touch on. There are quite a few so i'm going to list them out.

1. You took time to organize an event for the community. Why would you give us something to do!?
    2. You gave away free stuff, and a whole lot of it! How dare you give away your stuff for free to others?
    3. You made it fun. Why would you do this!? Someone should report this.
    4. The event opened up 3 theaters, did you guys make sure the power house had the budget for this expansion?
    5. Speaking of 3 theaters, the concessions ran out of popcorn. We need more popcorn next time. This is a must.
    6. Organization. This is a big one. How dare so many of you take time to keep things organized during the event. Shame on you!
    7. After the event, I was attacked by other players! See point 3 for reference. What is with all the fun?

Other than the points listed above, it did went well.

Okay on a less sarcastic note, it was a ton of fun. Good job on the event Spectre! Looking forward to the next one.

Post edited by theglasskitten on
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I have a few issues with the CC I would like to touch on. There are quite a few so i'm going to list them out.

1. You took time to organize an event for the community. Why would you give us something to do!?
    2. You gave away free stuff, and a whole lot of it! How dare you give away your stuff to free to others?
    4. The event opened up 3 theaters, did you guys make sure the power house had the budget for this expansion?
    5. Speaking of 3 theaters, the concessions ran out of popcorn. We need more popcorn next time. This is a must.
    6. Organization. This is a big one. How dare so many of you take time to keep things organized during the event. Shame on you!
    7. After the event, I was attacked by other players! See point 3 for reference. What is with all the fun?

Okay on a less sarcastic note, it was a ton of fun. Good job on the event Spectre! Looking forward to the next one.

I aaaaagree, it did went pretty well!
    [NbK]XStorm

2. You gave away free stuff, and a whole lot of it! How dare you give away your stuff to free to others?

<3
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Yeah, one of the reasons that I didn't attend was because I have a few silly toons (okay, maybe a bunch), but I saw the categories and instantly realized that what they were going for was primarily parodies of IPs that I haven't parodied - yet. Captain Americlown, Supermanx, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pain Deer, and Weapon Xmas would have been completely out of place, and not even made the top 4 in any of the categories listed.

This isn't a complaint, this is pointing out that the complaint on this topic makes no sense. Of course "Winter Is Here" is a Game of Thrones reference - I've never seen the show, but the "Winter Is Coming" marketing line was ubiquitous. And what could "Thots and Prayers" be, other than sexual humor aimed at the "thoughts and prayers" crowd? Give me a topic of "Parodies of Comic-Book Characters" and my main problem will be choosing which one to present, but given those categories I wisely did my own thing. Perhaps that could be taken as a lesson by others. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    gameon wrote: »
    c3rvand0 wrote: »

Devil's advocating here because I didn't see the it in any of the ads leading up to the contest either, but it would have been nice if it were stated in the official post on the first page or in the link they posting in game. Just a little blurb something like "Only those in Z1 AT THE START TIME will earn their bribery pay" or if they chose to say "the first 100 people..." for clarity and to stop any crying. Anyone complains they can be like "See the post", problem solved. I shared the post's link here with a couple friends who didn't know they couldn't switch into z1 mid way thru and were annoyed as well but left when that one guy started his tirade in trade chat... which in turn opened more spots and I was honestly surprised there wasn't more complaining...
    A simple, available to everyone, post could have prevented any misunderstandings. Just as all the other rules were in the post well before the event that Z1, at a specific time, requirement could have been as well.

In the end it was a fun contest, wish the trivia went a bit more smoothly, and I would definitely attend the next one =)

I get what you are saying and yes it could have been clearer, but on this post it states Participation Award. To me that says you get an award for participating in the CC. Turning up too late to enter does not qualify as participating in a CC. And like I said, would it be just for someone to sneak into a full theatre, just because another person who had entered the CC got disconnected briefly and the latter did not get their prize, despite being in there for hours?
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, one of the reasons that I didn't attend was because I have a few silly toons (okay, maybe a bunch), but I saw the categories and instantly realized that what they were going for was primarily parodies of IPs that I haven't parodied - yet. Captain Americlown, Supermanx, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pain Deer, and Weapon Xmas would have been completely out of place, and not even made the top 4 in any of the categories listed.

This isn't a complaint, this is pointing out that the complaint on this topic makes no sense. Of course "Winter Is Here" is a Game of Thrones reference - I've never seen the show, but the "Winter Is Coming" marketing line was ubiquitous.

Here's coming from a winner of that category who doesn't even watch GoT, let alone know what it's about, and still won 2nd place for just having a snowman that has no connection whatsoever to that. So I'd say you could've had a good shot if you tried. Heck, just being in there and having a chance is better than sitting out.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
    Be Silly CC

w0t? muh realistic depiction of a bad luck thot helicopter did not win after hours of precise calculations and trial and error in order to faithfully recreate an irl bad luck thot helicopter?

That's utter bollocks!​​