test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Page Speedrun (90s)

2»

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    So in order to solve a shortcoming on the part of the software I'm using, all I have to do is come up with my own proprietary solution in another piece of software??

This is what other people who told me to shut up about the character sorting method to do about it so yeah.
    naciiito wrote: »
    if people complained so much and they said it's gonna be forced, then I would suggest you guys consider finding ways around the new sorting, gonna paste some of my thoughts here from the discord:
    if anything, people have trouble managing an insane amount of characters (im talking over a dozen) I would recommend to do certain things
    like, a system outside of the game to help managing what each character has to do or need, you know?
    it becomes a need when you are handling so much information
    things like Excel or Access do help a lot
    and if people have a lot of time doing so many chars, it would be a good idea to dedicate time on doing that system
    for example, what do I do is the following:
    unknown.png
    this is an access file, a database
    since I'm focused on cosmics and gear, I keep scr gcr qnite vigilance
    all that sorts of things
    but I believe you can do this for roleplaying characters only, costume ideas, heck even pvp
    what im trying to say is that there's ways to actually managing a ton of characters, no matter what you do or what they show you in the game, you just gotta be creative.

If someone has troubles in making a system that works for them, hit me up with a message and I could help you.​​
    And the login system most certainly did not drop me back on the page of the character I'd used last; it started on page 1 every time. (Then again, even if it had, that would have been less than useful during events; I'd have wound up looking at page 3 because I usually play my newest characters, and would have to slide back to page 1 for June, or try to remember which page the others were on for other events - Vincit Omnia used to be on page 2, but wound up on page 1 after I deleted some toons I'd stopped playing, for example.)

I could've sworn it puts you on the page of the character you have selected when you get to the login page. I know it has the last played selected at least. But regardless there isn't like there's any way for me to check now and it's not going back any time soon so that's a moot point.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    And the login system most certainly did not drop me back on the page of the character I'd used last; it started on page 1 every time. (Then again, even if it had, that would have been less than useful during events; I'd have wound up looking at page 3 because I usually play my newest characters, and would have to slide back to page 1 for June, or try to remember which page the others were on for other events - Vincit Omnia used to be on page 2, but wound up on page 1 after I deleted some toons I'd stopped playing, for example.)

Unless your version of the game was broken (why not?). It always put me on my last character played.

And to your second point. I don't see how this change helps you at all if you play seasonal characters, at times. You're still going to have to hunt for them. The big difference now is that you REALLY have to hunt them down now instead of knowing, at least, the page they were on.

At any rate. I'll add my voice to the not liking the change pile. Not that it means squat though.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    aesica wrote: »
    Except in this case, it was more like, "The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many." - Mirror Universe Yoda

Ah, so you are under the impression that the "people with tons of toons that use them all equally" group is a majority. Figures.​​

^This I have over 40 toons and I use like 4 often. But if I a wanted to play on say my healer I knew where it was. Now I have to send out an expiation just to find it.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    While I'm far from quitting over it, I still find it far more annoying than the previous setup. As I expected. Count me as not liking the change.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    ^This I have over 40 toons and I use like 4 often. But if I a wanted to play on say my healer I knew where it was. Now I have to send out an expiation just to find it.

Yes, but now you'll only have to send out an expedition once o3o and then it's on page 1 along with your 4 other toons​​
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    This doesn't affect me personally.
    I have five characters.
    One of those is an experiment that is only around because I haven't bothered deleting them.
    Another is a character that I haven't really played in quite a long time. I just haven't found a niche that I was happy with for them, so they are sidelined for the time being.

That leaves me with three characters that I play when I play CO. Like I said, this doesn't affect me. I can find who I want without difficulty.

But I think that choices are always better than no choices.

If they have a reason for why they did this then they should tell us.

If they have no reason then they should give us at least the choice of sorting by date last played or date created, and adding alphabetical sorting would be better still.

Want to get into more variations then let players sort by whatever but be able to flag some number of characters to remain at the top of the list no matter what.

But again, if they have a reason just say so. I think that people would get over having to use the new system if they were just given a reason why the new system was implemented.

But again, if they have a reason just say so. I think that people would get over having to use the new system if they were just given a reason why the new system was implemented.

Well, your fellow forum-goers recently made sure to prove once again that Devs responding would only generate more negative responses, so don't hold your breath on that. At this point it's been made pretty clear that Devs explaining their reasoning just makes people disparage and complain about their reasoning.

As for options, yeah we suggested that on PTS. Some of us are still holding on to the hope that they did this change as a test to see if it would work before getting into the larger task of modifying the UI to provide options. Gotta make sure sorting order changes won't accidentally delete characters or sort them to non-existent pages and all that, and since number of toons on the PTS is limited they would need to push it to live to do a real test.​​
  • blackscorpion125blackscorpion125 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thank you to the GM's for fixing the Character Select Screen and giving us the option to turn OFF the last character played choice, Great Job !

• don't thank people who have no influence over what code does or doesn't make it into the game every patch day​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited July 2019
    Thank you to the Devs for giving us the option to choose between last played and creation date !

fixed.