test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please put gcr and scr drops on adventure packs elite mode

xskulllopsxxskulllopsx Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Suggestions Box
Half of the currency of gcr and scr droped by giant monsters, each one of the adventure packs completed grant us recognition per day.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    AP elite difficulty is a joke tho. AP's would need some serious updating if they were to drop GCR. Which I'm in favor of, update the adventure packs! \o/​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    AP elite difficulty is a joke tho.​​
    Update difficulty scaling while we're at it. APs are in a sort of bad place right now because they're time consuming but not terribly difficult, and their rewards are mostly determined by difficulty.
  • xskulllopsxxskulllopsx Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    AP elite difficulty is a joke tho.

might be easy for freeform's but for archetypes idk
    edited May 2019

idk need to have another form to farm gcr
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Why? Why do we need another way to farm gcr?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    More epic lairs, yes.
    [NbK]XStorm
    The evidence is that there isn't dev time for more than minor updates. Fortunately, the APs were not created with the old style zone generator so they could probably be updated without doing something major (a change to difficulty scaling might need alterations to the phases of Resistance and Aftershock that use becomes, since unlike PCs, becomes have not benefited from years of gear escalation).
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    > @roughbearmattach said:
    > Why? Why do we need another way to farm gcr?

Adding a little more variety to the grind could help with player retention. Cosmics, TA and that one weekly warzone mission have been the only way to earn GCR since it was introduced 3 years ago.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    and won't take eternity to get good gears and items.
  • The eternity to get good gear isn't a result of gcr being too hard to get; it's a result of Justice being made to require gcr, instead of improving Distinguished to be worth its gcr cost. For good or for ill, this is unlikely to change.
    and won't take eternity to get good gears and items.
    The time requirement for gearing up is unlikely to be significantly reduced; at most, APs might become competitive.
    It already does not take a very long time to gear a single toon with endgame stuff. A month or two.

Adding more GCR content means that some folks can hit that max sooner, and then get bored and stop playing sooner. This isn't all players, but definitely some.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Yeah if they did add other ways to obtain GCR they would probably need to include a daily GCR cap with it.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    Yeah if they did add other ways to obtain GCR they would probably need to include a daily GCR cap with it.
    Eh, not necessarily. It's already possible to get about 50 gcr per day (3 cosmics, 3 TAs, TA daily, 3/4 of a cosmic daily assuming you're ignoring Eidolon), most people just don't because that's several hours of game play, and all of the APs are slower than TA.
    This reminds me of that "rotating GCR content" idea I had a while back that would enable them to add new sources of GCR without increasing the overall rate at which it's possible to acquire GCR. I think the main reason a lot of people would even want more GCR content is greater variety, rather than being able to farm more GCR in a day, so setting it up in a way where only some of the content gives GCR on a given day would do that. Could do it through daily quests, or some system that just changes the rewards on a given day.

I actually think it would be neat if we had other Epic content that also dropped other substantial rewards. For example TA drops those really great Determined secondaries. Having other Epic content drop other handy stuff like that would give us a reason to keep running it even on the days where the GCR drops are turned off, and would also give us a reason to not just run whichever one we deem the most optimal time/reward min-max adventure.​​
    Yeah, an AP rotation would be interesting.
    Eh, not necessarily. It's already possible to get about 50 gcr per day (3 cosmics, 3 TAs, TA daily, 3/4 of a cosmic daily assuming you're ignoring Eidolon), most people just don't because that's several hours of game play, and all of the APs are slower than TA.

Except that APs can be run solo, a definite appeal for a chunk of the players.

A rework, increasing the difficulty, plus rotating GCR content would be cool.

And also the reason they'll likely never see GCR as a reward .-.​​
    I suspect that if GCR was added to APs, it would only be added to multiplayer variants (taking TA as a standard for GCR-granting missions, assume the bosses being converted to 2m hp or so with a simultaneously large damage increase).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I suspect that if GCR was added to APs, it would only be added to multiplayer variants (taking TA as a standard for GCR-granting missions, assume the bosses being converted to 2m hp or so with a simultaneously large damage increase).
    Heh, I've played APs on increased difficulty. It's no picnic even with a decent team. Oh and I was a defiance tank, yeah, sucked to be me. :D

I could see GCR for the full AP as being a nice special event reward, but not permanent.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Heh, I've played APs on increased difficulty. It's no picnic even with a decent team.
    The team size scaling for APs is a tad odd, but elite isn't particularly hard.
    what about when you pilot Mega-Ds? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    what about when you pilot Mega-Ds? :p
    Balance of Becomes is iffy, but colossi are dumb enough that it still isn't too bad. The worst is turning into an Avatar of the Kings in Aftershock, that's really hard even on normal so elite is horrible.
    Heh, I actually let someone talk me into doing Resistance on Elite once. That was.... interesting....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    It already does not take a very long time to gear a single toon with endgame stuff. A month or two.

Adding more GCR content means that some folks can hit that max sooner, and then get bored and stop playing sooner. This isn't all players, but definitely some.

Ehhh, I get bored DURING the grind. More options means exactly the opposite of this
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Consider this, they need to add more Items in the GCR/SCR Vendor first
    The store hasn't been updated in ages​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!