test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mechasaurus Mk.I PA Tank Help

I'm working on a... I guess you could call it my PA's tankazord char for taking damage and I'd like it to be mostly munitions. So far this is what I've got:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=Mechasaurus MK. 1&d=13480oMQUPTa000000900C970b9C00JA009E009F0J9O03ON01AD0C9D09ER001H001N038O012sib438W3UbT10000000000&e=

Mechasaurus MK. 1 Any / Multiple
v3.32:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Cybernetic Warrior (Con: 10, Int: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
Level 6: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 12: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Wrist Bolter (Automated Assault, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 1: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Challenge!)
Level 6: Concentration
Level 8: Defiance
Level 11: Overdrive
Level 14: Micro Munitions (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 17: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 23: Particle Wave (Illuminate, Bad Footing)
Level 26: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)
Level 29: Masterful Dodge
Level 32: Blinding Light
Level 35: Gravity Driver (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations
Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    Content that demands lots of blocking can be annoying for PA toggle tanks, since while the sustained dmg can be high, it takes a bit of time for the dmg ticks to start doing their work after activation. So, depending on the type of content you are tanking, that could potentially be an impediment. I'm also not really sure why you took a threat wipe on a tank.

Grav Driver is okay as an ult for Overpower, though supplying that sort of debuff isn't really as high a priority for a tank as for a dps build. I also usually wouldn't go for a Wrist Bolter w/ AA setup, but if your rotation is manageable with it then that's okay. Protector would also be a more tank oriented spec than Vind, though maybe you are going more for a dps-oriented approach.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Also, there's a delay after blocking before you can activate toggles at all.
  • Options
    rhymere#3035 rhymere Posts: 486 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Content that demands lots of blocking can be annoying for PA toggle tanks, since while the sustained dmg can be high, it takes a bit of time for the dmg ticks to start doing their work after activation. So, depending on the type of content you are tanking, that could potentially be an impediment. I'm also not really sure why you took a threat wipe on a tank.

Grav Driver is okay as an ult for Overpower, though supplying that sort of debuff isn't really as high a priority for a tank as for a dps build. I also usually wouldn't go for a Wrist Bolter w/ AA setup, but if your rotation is manageable with it then that's okay. Protector would also be a more tank oriented spec than Vind, though maybe you are going more for a dps-oriented approach.

mostly for if I need to pass to the off tank or off tank needs to pass off to me, but i dont plan to take on anything that needs repeated blocking
  • Options
    svajdasvajda Posts: 53 Arc User
    Defiance and power armor, you start off with weak damage resistance and cant blow and attack with any efficiency.
    You only have challenge on powers that can't be used directly after blocking. You also have no Specilizations that help with threat.
    You will have issues with threat. I would get rid of blinding light and take something you can tap to GAIN threat instead of lose it. Honestly I would trade gravity driver for something to help with threat or tanking as well. An easy choice would be Tactical Missiles. Another good choice Chest Beam, quick application of Burn Through also.
    So, back to Defiance, if you are NOT tanking, it is also not a great choice, as it wont give you energy, or ramp up in resistance without you getting hit.

I dont mean to sound harsh, but so far it looks like a DPS with a defensive passive.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Well, he already said he doesn't plan on doing content that takes much blocking, though I'm still unsure what sort of content he's going for. If he included stuff like Chest Beam and TM, then he mine as well just switch it to a non-slotted PA build, which would at least work a bit better w/ block (but again, he doesn't plan to tackle that sort of content, so idk). Technically his specs help more w/ threat, since Guardicator does more base dps than something using Protector, but I would still usually recommend Protector for tanks anyways. As for Defiance- its obv good for sustained dmgRes and the energy for PA, but it depends again on the content (and group structure) if he can keep it up reliably or not.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Well, he already said he doesn't plan on doing content that takes much blocking, though I'm still unsure what sort of content he's going for. If he included stuff like Chest Beam and TM, then he mine as well just switch it to a non-slotted PA build, which would at least work a bit better w/ block (but again, he doesn't plan to tackle that sort of content, so idk). Technically his specs help more w/ threat, since Guardicator does more base dps than something using Protector, but I would still usually recommend Protector for tanks anyways. As for Defiance- its obv good for sustained dmgRes and the energy for PA, but it depends again on the content (and group structure) if he can keep it up reliably or not.

sorry for the late response: Mostly farming Smash/daily alerts and doing Whiteout and stuff with a couple friends for Q.
  • Options
    alli210 wrote: »
    sorry for the late response: Mostly farming Smash/daily alerts and doing Whiteout and stuff with a couple friends for Q.
    Okay. Well, that stuff shouldn't put a very high demand on blocking overall, so you can prob get away in general w/ a PA toggle tank there.
  • Options
    alli210 wrote: »
    Okay. Well, that stuff shouldn't put a very high demand on blocking overall, so you can prob get away in general w/ a PA toggle tank there.

How would this version of the build do for it? I'd use Shoulder Launcher/Micromunitions for an alpha strike then go with micromunitions and minigun + Wristbolters

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&amp;n=Mechasaurus MK. 1&amp;d=13480oMQUPTa1R30X0900C970b9C009A039E009F0J9O03ON00AD0C9D099M0J9K001L008O002sib438W3UbT10000000000&amp;e=

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Wrist Bolter (Automated Assault, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 1: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Challenge!)
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Resurgence
    Level 23: Particle Wave (Illuminate, Bad Footing)
    Level 29: Shoulder Launcher (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 32: Unbreakable
    Level 35: Thundering Return
    Level 38: Lock N Load
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Stoic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Displacement Acrobatics

Specializations

Devices
  • Options
    Wrist Bolter and/or Shoulder Launcher can work (esp if you want easier energy management), but they're not really ideal for dps either. That said, if most fights are relatively short then that won't matter as much. I may trade R1 Unbreakable for R1 Masterful Dodge, though, and maybe free up 2 adv points to get Resurgence to R2 (perhaps ditch the Illum adv on Particle Wave). Could also trade R1 LNL for R1 Imbue. I assume you are still getting good mileage from Particle Wave (which is possible, depending on how its used), but if not then you may want to trade it for something else.
  • Options
    Wrist Bolter and/or Shoulder Launcher can work (esp if you want easier energy management), but they're not really ideal for dps either. That said, if most fights are relatively short then that won't matter as much. I may trade R1 Unbreakable for R1 Masterful Dodge, though, and maybe free up 2 adv points to get Resurgence to R2 (perhaps ditch the Illum adv on Particle Wave). Could also trade R1 LNL for R1 Imbue. I assume you are still getting good mileage from Particle Wave (which is possible, depending on how its used), but if not then you may want to trade it for something else.

Here it is with suggested changes. Particle Wave has been invaluable on my PAs in dragging everything into my cone of fire.

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Wrist Bolter (Automated Assault)
    Level 1: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds)
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Particle Wave (Bad Footing)
    Level 29: Shoulder Launcher (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Thundering Return
    Level 38: Imbue (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Stoic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Displacement Acrobatics

Specializations

Devices

• Options
    Alright. Looks okay for the content being run. The 2 points in R2 of Imbue could be used for something else, but you've got most of the major stuff for advs already too, so its kinda just up to you what to use those last points for.