test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endgame DPS Build Guide

Comments

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

Question: Does "ignoring" resistance accrue more aggro for you vs regular damage from bosses etc?

If ignoring resistance gets you more final damage (the yellow numbers that show up above your targets) than the alternative, then yes it will net you more threat. Unless that alternative is Confront mods, which allow you to accrue threat as if you were ignoring resistance but without actually dealing more damage.

The key thing to remember is that the extra threat from Confronts is not then multiplied by your modifiers such as role or superstats. If trying to max out threat as a Tank, I suggest taking the discussion to the Tanking thread here: LINK

If trying to minimize threat as a DPS, I suggest using a threat wipe as soon as you finish building to 8 form stacks. Tanks will have the least threat at the start of the fight....as they deal more and more damage they'll build up a nice big mountain of it. Use a threat wipe once you get to 8 stacks to ensure that the tank stays ahead of your threat and then periodically....I do eevery 2 AO cycles...re-use it to reset your threat down to 0. Past the second half of the fight, the Tank can pretty much block the entire time and not lose aggro even to very high-end DPS...as long as that DPS has been resetting their threat throughout the fight.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Planning to minor change my DEX maxed EGO prim build to such like this.
    http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=26&n=Jewel Peach&d=15270A572IWK070060F000FA03FG00FW03F207FP03EP00K5035603B700JC03NK05OQ00FF0W0CgZ3bDM0rWv
    I hope this change will make her bit more tough.
    I have to test I can keep good DPS without taking [the best defense].
    Mods will be all settled with DEX r9 and R5, having DUC, Medusa R9 and the [The Veteran's Core of Might] added somewhere.
    monaahiru said:

http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=26&n=Jewel Peach&d=15270A572IWK070060F000FA03FG00FW03F207FP03EP00K5035603B700JC03NK05OQ00FF0W0CgZ3bDM0rWv
    Mods will be all settled with DEX r9 and R5, having DUC, Medusa R9 and the [The Veteran's Core of Might] added somewhere.

Looks good. I'd suggest dropping Thought Sever from Ego Weaponry and also taking a threat wipe like Mind Wipe instead of your lunge.
    edited November 2017
    kamokami said:

monaahiru said:

Looks good. I'd suggest dropping Thought Sever from Ego Weaponry and also taking a threat wipe like Mind Wipe instead of your lunge.
    I've found legacy [Totemic Helm] as a permanent device in her bank, having threat wipe effect with not so bad cool down speed. I'm planning to use it at Cosmics fight. ;)
    edited November 2017
    kamokami said:

monaahiru said:

I've found legacy [Totemic Helm] as a permanent device in her bank vault having treat wipe effect. Seems not so bad on cool down speed. ;)
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I made a list of how to use the currently reviewed sets for single target dps. Note this is all fairly minimal, and you can easily make things more complicated or change some powers. But it will hopefully give people an idea of how the set works more or less.

Fire

Powers

Fire Snake || Trail Blazer || Applies Engulfing Flames; Applies Clinging Flames
    Flashfire || rank 2; Fan the Flames || Strong DoT; Refreshes Engulfing Flames; Applies Clinging Flames
    Incinerate || rank 3; Burninator || Applies Unstable Accelerant; High damage

Status Effects

Clinging Flames || Required for: Energy Unlock; Damage bonus on Incinerate
    Engulfing Flames || Resistance debuff
    Unstable Accelerant || Resistance debuff for burning effects

Rotation

Opener || Firesnake
    Rotation || Flashfire >> Incinerator x3

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing Engulfing Flames, it can easily fall off when you have to block.
    - Hydra and Rimefire are often added to increase dps.
    - Clinging Flames, Leaping Flames, Fire Snake and Pyre Patches are Burning effects.

Ice

Powers

Ice Blast || Hard Frost; Frost Bite || Applies and refreshes Chilled; Applies Hard Frost
    Icicle Spear || rank 3; Freezer Burn || Applies Chilled; High damage

Status Effects

Chilled || Required for: Energy Unlock; Applying Hard Frost with Ice Blast; Damage bonus on Icicle Spear
    Hard Frost || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || Ice Blast (charged) >> Icicle Spear (charged)
    Rotation || Ice Blast (tap) >> Icicle Spear (charged) x5

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing a Chilled, it can easily fall off when you have to block. Chilled is applied by both Icicle Spear and Ice blast, so the effect of it falling of is relatively small.
    - Applying Chilled has a significant delay, you can not double tap Ice Blast to apply both Chilled and Hard Frost.
    - You can replace the opener by any other power that applies Chilled. Frost Breath with the Frost Bite advantage is particularly good at applying Chilled

Lightning

Powers

Ball Lightning || rank 2; Triplicity; Supercharged || Strong DoT; Applies Negative Ions; Refreshes Superconductor
    Chain Lightning || rank 2; Superconductor || Applies Negative Ions; Applies Superconductor
    Lightning Arc || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Negative Ions || Required for: Energy Unlock; Applying Superconductor with Chain Lightning; Damage bonus on Lightning Arc
    Superconductor || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || Ball Lightning >> Lightning Arc >> Chain Lightning (tap) >> Lightning Arc
    Rotation || Ball Lightning >> Lightning Arc x2

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing Superconductor, it can easily fall off when you have to block. But the refresh on Lightning is a bit more forgiving than most other sets.
    - Applying Negative Ions has a significant delay, you can not double tap Chain Lightning to apply both Negative Ions and Superconductor.
    - The opener is not 100% safe. It's possible that in the time it takes to do a full Lightning Arc maintain, Ball Lightning has not applied Negative Ions yet.

Munitions 1

Powers

Frag Grenade || Cuts and Scrapes; Open Wound || Strong DoT; Applies Armor Piercing
    Two-Gun Mojo || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Armor Piercing || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Frag Grenade >> Two-Gun Mojo x2

Notes

Two-gun Mojo has an advantage that increases your damage when you get closer to your target. This does not work properly against larger targets.

Munitions 2

Powers

Submachinegun Burst || rank 3 || Applies Furious
    Shotgun Blast || Breaching Round; Armor Piercing || Applies Armor Piercing; Refreshes Furious
    Assault Rifle || rank 2; Uncompromising || High damage

Status Effects

Furious || Required for: Damage bonus on Assault Riffle

Rotation

Opener || Submachinegun Burst (until 3 Furious stacks)
    Rotation || Shotgun (tap) >> Assault Rifle x2

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing Furious, it can easily fall off when you have to block.
    - Shotgun Blast can be replaced by Burst Shot
    - Submachinegun Burst could be replaced by Two-gun Mojo for building Furious stacks. But with Two-gun Mojo already in the build there would be little reason to take Assault Riffle

Power Armor

Powers

Concussor Beam or Dual Wrist Rocket Barrage || rank 3 || High damage; Hand Slot
    Eye Beam or Mini Gun || rank 2; 20/20 Fission or rank 2; u-238 Rounds || High damage; Applies Burn Through; Shoulder Slot
    Chest Laser or Micro Munitions || rank 3 or rank 2; Alpha Strike || High damage; Chest Slot

Status Effects

Burn Through || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Hand Slot + Shoulder Slot + Chest Slot

Notes

Using 3 Powers at the same time requires strong energy management. A "Distinguished Helmet of Efficiency" can help greatly.

Laser Sword

Powers

Lightspeed Strike || rank 2; Particle Acceleration || Applies Plasma Burn; Applies Disintegrate
    Lightwave Slash || Light Mend; Burn Bright || Refreshes Plasma Burn; Refreshes Disintegrate
    Luminescent Slash || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Plasma Burn || Required for: Energy Unlock
    Disintegrate || Resistance Debuff

Rotation

Opener || Lightspeed Strike (until 5 Plasma Burn stacks)
    Rotation || Lightwave Slash (tap) >> Luminescent Slash (charged) x8

Notes

This rotation depends on refreshing Disintegrate and Plasma Burn, they can easily fall off when you have to block.

Laser Sword 2

Powers

Lightpseed Strike || rank 2; Particle Acceleration || Applies Plasma Burn; Applies Disintegrate
    Lightwave Slash || Light Mend; Burn Bright || Refreshes Plasma Burn; Refreshes Disintegrate
    Lightspeed Dash || any || Applies Download
    Luminescent Slash || rank 2; End of the Line || Refreshes Download; High damage

Status Effects

Download || Cost discount

Rotation

Opener || Lightspeed Strike (until 5 Plasma Burn stacks) >> Lightspeed Dash

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing Disintegrate and Plasma Burn, they can easily fall off when you have to block.
    - The damage advantage (End of the Line) on Luminescent Slash requires VERY strong energy management.

TK ranged

Powers

Telekinetic Strike || rank 2; Stressed Out || Applies Ego Leech; Applies Stress
    Telekinetic Lance || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Ego Leech || Required for: Energy Unlock; Rupture with Telekinetic Lance
    Stress || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Telekinetic Strike x3 >> Telekinetic Lance (charged)

TK melee

Powers

Ego Weaponry || rank 2; Stressed Out || Applies Ego Leech; Applies Stress
    Ego Blade Annihilation || rank 2; Mental Acuity || High damage

Status Effects

Ego Leech || Required for: Energy Unlock; Rupture with Ego Blade Annihilation

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Ego Weaponry x3 >> Ego Blade Annihilation (charged)

Notes

Due to using a melee combo in the rotation, the Brawler>Setup spec works particularly well.

Heavy Weapons

Powers

Eruption || rank 2; Magma Burst || Applies Clinging Flames
    Arc of Ruin || No Quarter; Wildfire || Applies No Quarter; Refreshes Clinging Flames
    Annihilate || rank 2; Scorching Blade || High damage

Status Effects

Clinging Flames || Required for: Energy Unlock (out of set); Damage bonus on Annihilate
    No Quarter || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || Eruption
    Rotation || Arc of Ruin (tap) >> Annihilate (charged) x4

Notes

This rotation depends on refreshing Clinging Flames, it can easily fall off when you have to block.

Sorcery

Powers

Hex of Suffering || rank 3 || Strong DoT; Applies Hexed
    Soul Beam || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Hexed || Resistance debuff; Counts as a Curse
    Enchantment || Required for: Energy Unlock; Damage bonus on Soul Beam
    Curse || Required for: Energy Unlock; Damage bonus on Soul Beam

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Hex of Suffering >> Soul Beam x2

Notes

Soul Beam gains 10% base damage when used against a cursed target, and 10% when having and enchantment applied to yourself. THe curse is easily applied by the resistance debuff, but enchantments have some options. On a build with high Intelligence you can use the Spellcaster toggle form which counts as an enchantment.
    But there are some other options
    - Circle of Arcane Power
    - any power that applies Mystified
    - any power that applies Illumination to yourself

Bestial

Powers

Shred || rank 2; Penetrating Strikes || Applies Bleed; Applies Shredded
    Eviscerate || rank 2; Messy || Refreshes Bleed; Refreshes Shredded
    Massacre || rank 2; Bloody Mess || High damage

Status Effects

Bleed || Required for: Energy Unlock (for one of the two in set Energy Unlocks); Inherrently strong DoT; Damage bonus on Massacre
    Shredded || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || Shred (until 5 bleed stacks)
    Rotation || Eviscerate (tap) >> Massacre (charged) x5

Notes

This rotation depends on refreshing Bleed and Shredded, they can easily fall off when you have to block.
    Post edited by aiqa on
    edited November 2017
    aiqa said:

I made a list of how to use the currently reviewed sets for single target dps. Note this is all fairly minimal, and you can easily make things more complicated or change some powers. But it will hopefully give people an idea of how the set works more or less.

Ice

Powers

Ice Blast || Hard Frost; Frost Bite || Applies and refreshes Chilled; Applies Hard Frost
    Icicle Spear || rank 3; Freezer Burn || Applies Chilled; High damage

Status Effects

Chilled || Required for: Energy Unlock; Applying Hard Frost with Ice Blast; Damage bonus on Icicle Spear
    Hard Frost || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || Ice Blast (charged) >> Icicle Spear (charged)
    Rotation || Ice Blast (tap) >> Icicle Spear (charged) x5

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing a status effect, it can easily fall off when you have to block. The chilled is also build by bith Icicle Spear and Ice blast, so the effect of it falling of is relatively small.
    - Applying Chilled has a significant delay, you can not double tap Ice Blast to apply both Chilled and Hard Frost.
    - You can replace the opener by any other power that applies Chilled. Frost Breath with the Frost Bite advantage is particularly good at applying Chilled

Lightning

Powers

Ball Lightning || rank 2; Triplicity; Supercharged || Strong DoT; Applies Negative Ions; Refreshes Superconductor
    Chain Lightning || rank 2; Superconductor || Applies Negative Ions; Applies Superconductor
    Lightning Arc || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Negative Ions || Required for: Energy Unlock; Applying Superconductor with Chain Lightning; Damage bonus on Lightning Arc
    Superconduction || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || Ball Lightning >> Lightning Arc >> Chain Lightning (tap) >> Lightning Arc
    Rotation || Ball Lightning >> Lightning Arc x2

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing a status effect, it can easily fall off when you have to block. But the refresh on Lightning is has a bit more forgiving than most other sets.
    - Applying Negative Ions has a significant delay, you can not double tap Chain Lightning to apply both Negative Ions and Superconductor.

Munitions 1

Powers

Frag Grenade || Cuts and Scrapes; Open Wound || Strong DoT; Applies Armor Piercing
    Two-Gun Mojo || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Frag Grenade >> Two-Gun Mojo x2

Notes

Two-gun Mojo has an advantage that increases your damage when you get closer to your target. This does not work properly against larger targets.

Munitions 2

Powers

Submachinegun Burst || rank 3 || Applies Furious
    Shotgun Blast || Breaching Round; Armor Piercing || Applies Armor Piercing; Refreshes Furious
    Assault Rifle || rank 2; Uncompromising || High damage

Status Effects

Furious || Required for: Damage bonus on Assault Riffle

Rotation

Opener || Submachinegun Burst (until 3 Furious stacks)
    Rotation || Shotgun (tap) >> Assault Rifle x2

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing a status effect, it can easily fall off when you have to block.
    - Shotgun Blast can be replaced by Burst Shot
    - Submachinegun Burst could be replaced by Two-gun Mojo for building Furious stacks. But with Two-gun Mojo already in the build there would be little reason to take Assault Riffle

Power Armor

Powers

Concussor Beam or Dual Wrist Rocket Barrage || rank 3 || High damage; Hand Slot
    Eye Beam or Mini Gun || rank 2; 20/20 Fission or rank 2; u-238 Rounds || High damage; Applies Burn Through; Shoulder Slot
    Chest Laser or Micro Munitions || rank 3 or rank 2; Alpha Strike || High damage; Chest Slot

Status Effects

Burn Through || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Hand Slot + Shoulder Slot + Chest Slot

Notes

Using 3 Powers at the same time requires strong energy management. A "Distinguished Helmet of Efficiency" can help greatly.

Laser Sword

Powers

Lightspeed Strike || rank 2; Particle Acceleration || Applies Plasma Burn; Applies Disintegrate
    Luminescent Slash || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Rotation

Opener || Lightspeed Strike (until 5 Plasma Burn stacks)

Notes

This rotation depends on refreshing a status effect, it can easily fall off when you have to block.

Laser Sword 2

Powers

Lightpseed Strike || rank 2; Particle Acceleration || Applies Plasma Burn; Applies Disintegrate
    Lightspeed Dash || any || Applies Download
    Luminescent Slash || rank 2; End of the Line || Refreshes Download; High damage

Status Effects

Download || Cost discount

Rotation

Opener || Lightspeed Strike (until 5 Plasma Burn stacks) >> Lightspeed Dash

Notes

- This rotation depends on refreshing a status effect, it can easily fall off when you have to block.
    - The damage advantage (End of the Line) on Luminescent Slash requires VERY strong energy management.

TK ranged

Powers

Telekinetic Strike || rank 2; Stressed Out || Applies Ego Leech; Applies Stress
    Telekinetic Lance || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Ego Leech || Required for: Energy Unlock; Rupture with Telekinetic Lance

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Telekinetic Strike x3 >> Telekinetic Lance (charged)

TK melee

Powers

Ego Weaponry || rank 2; Stressed Out || Applies Ego Leech; Applies Stress
    Ego Blade Annihilation || rank 2; Mental Acuity || High damage

Status Effects

Ego Leech || Required for: Energy Unlock; Rupture with Ego Blade Annihilation

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Ego Weaponry x3 >> Ego Blade Annihilation (charged)

Notes

Due to using a melee combo in the rotation, the Brawler>Setup spec works particularly well.

Heavy Weapons

Powers

Eruption || rank 2; Magma Burst || Applies Clinging Flames
    Arc of Ruin || No Quarter; Wildfire || Applies No Quarter; Refreshes Clinging Flames
    Annihilate || rank 2; Scorching Blade || High damage

Status Effects

Clinging Flames || Required for: Energy Unlock (out of set); Damage bonus on Annihilate
    No Quarter || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || Eruption
    Rotation || Arc of Ruin (tap) >> Annihilate (charged) x4

Notes

This rotation depends on refreshing a status effect, it can easily fall off when you have to block.

Sorcery

Powers

Hex of Suffering || rank 3 || Strong DoT; Applies Hexed
    Soul Beam || rank 3 || High damage

Status Effects

Hexed || Resistance debuff; Counts as a Curse
    Enchantment || Required for: Energy Unlock; Damage bonus on Soul Beam
    Curse || Required for: Energy Unlock; Damage bonus on Soul Beam

Rotation

Opener || None needed
    Rotation || Hex of Suffering >> Soul Beam x2

Notes

Soul Beam gains 10% base damage when used against a cursed target, and 10% when having and enchantment applied to yourself. THe curse is easily applied by the resistance debuff, but enchantments have some options. On a build with high Intelligence you can use the Spellcaster toggle form which counts as an enchantment.
    But there are some other options
    - Circle of Arcane Power
    - any power that applies Mystified
    - any power that applies Illumination to yourself

Bestial

Powers

Shred || rank 2; Penetrating Strikes || Applies Bleed; Applies Shredded
    Eviscerate || rank 2; Messy || Refreshes Bleed; Refreshes Shredded
    Massacre || rank 2; Bloody Mess || High damage

Status Effects

Bleed || Required for: Energy Unlock (for one of the two in set Energy Unlocks); Inherrently strong DoT; Damage bonus on Massacre
    Shredded || Resistance debuff

Rotation

Opener || Shred (until 5 bleed stacks)
    Rotation || Eviscerate (tap) >> Massacre (charged) x5
    This is excellent! I am adding this to the OP. We'll need 1 or 2 rotations for Fire as well.

edit: hrmm I definitely want to include a section with this info but end up going way over the char limit on any of the posts in the OP. Maybe I'd add it as a link to a doc with the info? Not sure atm....will think on it more once I'm home.
  • once people figure out the optimal powers to take for fire - which someone probably already did from PTS testing​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Removing this from the OP. It's nice for reference now and then so re-posting here, but not very useful day-to-day.

Final Damage Calculation

To calculate final damage of a power vs a target: (mostly from this thread here but with corrections and updates)
    1. Attack Power's Bare-Base Damage
    2. * (1+ Role Bonus{25%, 0%, -10%})
    3. * (1+ Rankup Bonus{20%})
    4. * (1+ Rankup Bonus{20%}) OR * (1+ Special Adv Bonus{30%})
    5. * (Variance for Attack Power in question)...you can ignore this
    6. * (1+ (Sum of all AdditiveDamageBonuses%))
    7. / (1+ (Sum of all DamageDebuffs%))
    8. * (1+ (Sum of all SeverityDamageBonuses%))
    9. * (1+ 1stBaseDamageBonus%) *(1+ 2ndBaseDamageBonus%)....*(1+ NthBaseDamageBonus%)
    10. * (100% - TargetAvoidance%)
    11. / (1+ TargetDefense%)
    12. * (1+ NegativeResistanceDebuff%)
    13. - Target's Flat Damage Absorb
    14. = Solution

Definitions: (thanks @pantagruel01 for corrections to some of these)
    1 - the base damage of a power on its own....without any other bonus being applied from anywhere
    2 - damage bonus based on your role matching up with your attack power (ex. ranged dps role + a ranged attack)
    3 - going from rank1 to rank2 for a given attack power
    4 - some attacks have advantages that increase base damage by 30% when certain conditions are met (ex. Massacre's Bloody Mess adv.)
    5 - not important, but basically some attacks have damage numbers that vary more than others
    6 - this is the sum of your form bonus, passive bonus, active offense bonus, superstat bonus, and any other bonus in the general damage layer. This "sum" is subject to diminishing returns based on a formula which has not been determined yet....it's is a not just a straight up total of all these %s.
    7 - damage debuffs applied *to you* the damage dealer. Afaik all damage debuffs are in the same layer
    8 - this includes crit severity, damage bonus from Offense, and damage bonus from Utility +damage mods...this layer is also subject to diminishing returns based on a formula which has not yet been determined.
    9 - this includes any other base damage buffs (ex. Finishing Blow from Brawler tree)
    10 - avoidance of your target. If they do not dodge then ignore this.
    11 - calculated mitigation of your target: incorporates their resistance & any buffs or debuffs to that resistance & any damage penetration applied by you onto the target.
    Mitigation% = 100 * [1 - 100 / (100 + TotalGeneralResistance)]....where general resistance includes resists from passives, defense, etc. So if a test dummy has 20% resistance then 100*[1-100/(100+20)] = 16.66% Mitigation
    12 - if resist has been pushed into negative values then specify them here. This can only happen after accounting for mitigation
    13 - flat damage absorption effects that your target has (ex. Invulnerability's damage absorb, IDF...does not include bubbles). The reduction here is capped at 95%.
    kamokami said:

This is excellent! I am adding this to the OP. We'll need 1 or 2 rotations for Fire as well.

Added :).
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    that is indeed a nice, simple breakdown overall, aqia. Good work!
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    Would an Active Ultimate like Master of the Mind, who boosts crit chance and general damage resist, count as both an Active Offense and an Active Defense?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

Would an Active Ultimate like Master of the Mind, who boosts crit chance and general damage resist, count as both an Active Offense and an Active Defense?

It counts as an Ultimate "Active" power, so it will place both Active Offensives and Active Defensives on your build on a 30 second cooldown.
    edited November 2017
    Added "Attack Rotations" section to the first post.
    aiqa said:

Thanks for writing it up!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Regarding the rotation for Bestial, does applying Deep Wound actually decrease dps?

I tried parsing with Deep Wound and Refreshing Bleeds, and it seemed that the parse with refreshing bleeds has the high dps.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Deep Wounds is lower base dps. You could use it against targets with high resistance, or when you want to get strong heals out of Thrash without having to build up 5 bleed stacks.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Deep Wounds strikes me as a finisher. You dump it on something that will be dead soon, and then move on to your next target. Doesn't really have much practical use in dpsing a boss type target. Might be an exception with builds where you happen to build bleed stacks constantly, but it's not how you stack your Form.
    edited December 2017

The thing about exploit opening is that it scales kinda oddly with crit chance.

The real damage increase for exploit opening is (crit chance) * (1 - crit chance) * 30%; it's best at exactly 50%. For characters in the normal range of crit chance for dps (30-70%), that's around +7%.
    The real damage increase for +x% crit chance is (x/100) * (crit severity). At typical crit severities for a high end ego dps build, you need to be getting about +6% out of sixth sense for it to beat exploit opening.

Wouldn't Exploit Opening's 30% severity be equal to 30% Severity gained from any other source so long as your crit chance is below 50%?

Say I have 20% crit chance. That means 20% of my damage would be effected by Exploit Opening, or 20% of my damage would be effected by the 30% severity from another source. Same at 5%, 40% and 50%. But if I have 60% crit chance then only 40% of my damage would be effected by Exploit Opening, while 60% would be effected by the severity from another source.

If that's true then Sixth Sense + Exploit opening could make sense for some builds.

EDIT - now that I think about it the worst part of Exploit Opening is actually the fact that every time you get two crits back to back it cuts into how much EO is able to effect your damage since the buff goes to waste. When you say "it's best at 50%" what that actually means is if exactly half of your attacks are crits, and if they go in a 1 0 1 0 1 0... pattern of critting then not critting. Lets say your crit chance is 50% and your crits go like this 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0, then EO is actually only effecting 10% of your damage, not 50%. In order for the thing I said to hold true ( and possibly even your formula ) the EO buff would need to stack so it's never wasted. Sure in theory for every 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 there should statistically also be a 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 as well as every other variation, but since that latter one is the only one where EO is actually doing its optimal amount and in every other variation it's doing less because there will always be at least one double crit instance that means it will actually be far below that amount. Guess Follow Through wins on reliability too. Just when I thought EO had hope again...
    Post edited by spinnytop on
    edited December 2017
    You just have to figure out what the chance is to get a crit first and then a non-crit. So that is just crit chance x non-crit chance.

That is also why 50% is the best for that spec, 50x50 is bigger than 30x70.
    Post edited by aiqa on
    edited December 2017
    Which means at 50% crit, with EO out of 100 hits you would get 25 crits buffing 25, while with FT you would have 50 hits being buffed, so FT still comes out on top even if the amount of added severity is lower. Like I said, to be competitive EO's buff would need to stack.
  • lightninlordlightninlord Posts: 69 Arc User
    I have a Fire Elemental and I have a problem with regenerating energy. Any sugesstions? What is a good way to regenerate energy. I have an energy unlock but it does not regenerate as much as I would like to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Fire Elemental and I have a problem with regenerating energy. Any sugesstions? What is a good way to regenerate energy. I have an energy unlock but it does not regenerate as much as I would like to.

Some options:
    1. Re-create your build here: http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm And then export it and post it on the forums along with your stat points.....then we can provide very specific suggestions to help you out with minimal changes to build and gear.

2. Make a new build. Assuming you want to be DPS, use the guide at the start of this thread to make it.

• avalon#6604 avalon Posts: 37 Arc User
    Why is TK Lance not listed in the High Base Damage Powers list? Is it because TK Assault do better damage than TK Lance?
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    So in the end, Ego Prim vs Dex Prim for melee, which one will win ?

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Ego Prime is more crits, Dex Prime is more crit sev. I'd say depends on your playstyle tbh.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    blockwave said:

So in the end, Ego Prim vs Dex Prim for melee, which one will win ?

Dex prim tends to do more damage on test dummy parses. But due to scaling on Sixth Sense and Follow Through, as soon as you have an AoPM on you, like at a Cosmic....Ego prim does more damage.
    edited March 2018
    Updated advanced section to include the new Martial Arts mods along with information on where to get them

Claws: Nighthawk's Talons Get during the Nighthawk event.
    Unarmed: Left Eye of the Ruby Dragon Get from the Red Snake Green Dragon alert.
    Single Blade: Jack Fool's Blade Get directly from Jack Fool in his alert and Adventure Pack.
    Dual Blade: Dragon's Fangs Get as a global drop from Red Banner enemies.
  • another thing that might need updating if you haven't already done so - the high base damage powers section​​
    #LegalizeAwoo

another thing that might need updating if you haven't already done so - the high base damage powers section​​

I looked over them and they didn't seem to need changing. But if you think something is missing please let me know! I will test it for dps and post it up if it passes 4k on a 5 min parse with r7s+Legion gear
  • telekinetic lance and ego blade annihilation? as i recall, those are both supposed to be big damage spike powers, so one would expect them to have a high base damage, but i don't see either listed​​
    #LegalizeAwoo

telekinetic lance and ego blade annihilation? as i recall, those are both supposed to be big damage spike powers, so one would expect them to have a high base damage, but i don't see either listed​​

Thanks! Tested and updated.
  • citizenzero#3567 citizenzero Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    My question answered above
    Post edited by citizenzero#3567 on
  • nytrobomb#8683 nytrobomb Posts: 48 Arc User
    How would one apply this to a force build?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    nytrone said:

How would one apply this to a force build?

The main oddity with force is that its best damaging power (force cascade) is extremely expensive to use, and has special interactions with several powers (including passives you might want to use, and the circle of arcane power that would otherwise be an appealing solution to its energy issues). If you can solve those issues, the rest of your build follows the same rules as any other power set.
    edited March 2018
    Here's an FC build that tries to have a solid energy-generating backbone w/o much disruption:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Cybernetic Warrior (Con: 10, Int: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Force Bolts (advantages)
    Level 1: Force Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
    Level 8: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Force Geyser (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Force Cascade (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 35: Thundering Return (advantages)
    Level 38: Gravity Driver (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Can also try Dark Transfusion for extra energy, keeping in mind the self-dmg/healing drawbacks. Ideal rotation here is Geyser (for MSA) -> tap FBlast -> charge FC, repeat- but that assumes little (or no) end building. To lighten the energy needs a bit, you can always charge instead of tap FBlast (though that's prob a dps loss). Out-of-set Crushing debuffs can also help, if you can justify them thematically.

Honestly, though.. for all the devotion to energy it takes for optimizing FC, ya mine as well put that effort to a 3-slot PA build instead imo :p
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • captainpostcaptainpost Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by captainpost on
    @captainpost

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. -Gene Roddenberry
  • xmarik69xxmarik69x Posts: 73 Arc User
    kamokami wrote: »
    Effective Endgame DPS Build = Damage Output > Contribution to scaling DPS checks
    (as of right now we estimate this to mean having an output of roughly 3,000 DPS*** vs the unkillable test dummies in the Powerhouse)

Attack Rotations:
    Once you've got your build made, it's time to try it out on a test dummy. Below are some example rotations and notes for each of the updated powersets. Thanks @aiqa for the writeup!

Fire

Ice

Lightning

Munitions 1

Munitions 2

Power Armor

Laser Sword 1

Laser Sword 2

TK Ranged

TK Melee

Heavy Weapons

Sorcery

Bestial

Footnotes:
    ***This figure is based on Dino's DPS check of ~10k damage over 5 seconds...so 2,000 DPS. Dino's mitigation of your damage depends on the # of players there and the debuffs being used. Based on lots of logs of Dino fights over the past year, the resistance can range from ~20% to ~40%. To be conservative I chose 40%. Which gives us a base DPS output of 3,333. Test Dummy mitigation being at 16% without any debuffs or defense penetration.....gives us a base DPS output of 2,800. With a debuff in your build you can break past 3,000 DPS vs. the Test Dummy.
    kamokami wrote: »
    Effective Endgame DPS Build = Damage Output > Contribution to scaling DPS checks
    (as of right now we estimate this to mean having an output of roughly 3,000 DPS*** vs the unkillable test dummies in the Powerhouse)

on the rotations, missing several power sets;

Force
    Wind
    Archery
    Gadgeteering
    Dual Blades
    Fighting Claws
    Single Blade
    Unarmed
    Earth
    Might
    Celestial
    Darkness
    Infernal Supernatural

what you have listed is a great starting point for those using those power sets, but what about the others? my main 40 is infernal supernatural with some fire - thematically she's an atomic powered hero who has the power of radiation, and I'm sure theres others looking at this and wondering about a starting point on their rotations that you didn't list either
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    The rotations listed are all for newer revamped powersets, it would be great if there were more but I think they are waiting for those sets to get a pass before adding them to the list.

• xmarik69xxmarik69x Posts: 73 Arc User
    ahhh, makes sense
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Note that you can of course use the general guidelines to invent your own rotations, the fundamentals don't change.
    edited June 2018
    beezeeze wrote: »
    The rotations listed are all for newer revamped powersets, it would be great if there were more but I think they are waiting for those sets to get a pass before adding them to the list.

Yup that's right. Although this is a good reminder for adding an Unarmed rotation to the list.
    xmarik69x wrote: »
    [what you have listed is a great starting point for those using those power sets, but what about the others? my main 40 is infernal supernatural with some fire - thematically she's an atomic powered hero who has the power of radiation, and I'm sure theres others looking at this and wondering about a starting point on their rotations that you didn't list either
    Note that you can of course use the general guidelines to invent your own rotations, the fundamentals don't change.

Yeah most rotations follow some combination of:
    Apply or Refresh Debuff
    > Use main Attack Power
    > Apply or Refresh Debuff
    > Use main Attack Power
    > Use main Attack Power

etc....

So if you're looking to create your own rotations to improve performance of a specific build, you could start by considering what your main attack is and what the most efficient path is for applying & refreshing debuffs for it. That approach will get you out of the powerhouse quickly and result in the most bang for your effort.

- - - can stop reading here - - -

If you want to really min/max the rotation further you could try something like my approach. The way I approach designing a rotation is a little bit like baking a cake. One layer at a time. The first layer is your main attack and the simplest rotation is to repeatedly spam it and nothing else.

1. Spam main attack
    - example: Massacre

2. Next I layer in a debuff application with an eye towards how quickly and easily this can be refreshed/applied.
    - example: Will of the Tiger Cub + Eviscerate

3. Next I might layer in a DoT stacking ability for something like Poison or Bleeds.
    - example: Vorpal Blade

4. Next I could layer in using Active Offenses.
    - example: Lock N Load

5. After that I could layer in a burst damage ability like an Ultimate or a device.
    - example: Reaper's Embrace

etc etc...

So I start with just Layer 1 and measure DPS over 5 mins vs the test dummy.
    example: Spam Massacre charges for 5 mins. Then look at DPS

Next add Layer 2 into the rotation so we do 1+2 for 5 mins and measure DPS.
    example: Apply debuff with Tiger Cub > Spam Massacre a bunch > Refresh debuff with Eviscerate taps.
    Then look at DPS...did my overall DPS go up? Probably yes. Did my Layer 1 DPS from just Massacre go down? No because of the debuff.

Next add in Layer 3....now we're doing 1+2+3.
    example: Apply debuff with Tiger Cub > Spam Massacre a bunch > Refresh debuff with Eviscerate taps > if Vorpal Blade is off cd, use it.
    Did my overall DPS go up? Yes. But my Massacre DPS went down, because I spent some time using Vorpal Blade. Is there a way for me to apply bleeds and do similar damage as Vorpal Blade and also give up less time spamming Massacre? Probably not, so I'll stick with using VB.

Next we run 1+2+3+4. Again look at overall DPS, which generally goes up. And look at Massacre DPS to see how much it went down by as a result of adding a new layer. My general approach is to try and minimize the loss of main attack (Massacre) DPS with each layer I add. That way not only is my overall DPS going up, but I'm certain that the increase is the maximum it can be.

Finally add in Layer 5. Run 1+2+3+4+5 and use Reaper's Embrace to burst 5 bleed stacks. In this case, my DPS will likely go down from just doing 1+2+3+4 since I lost the bleeds and need to rebuild them back to 5 stacks. Which also takes a lot of time away from spamming Massacre.

I might still take Reaper's Embrace and use it during DPS checks. But now I at least know that I should not use it outside of those if I'm looking to maximize my overall damage output for a given encounter.

So it takes about 5-10 mins per layer parse...depending on complexity of the rotation and leaving room for practice. Also leaving room for going and back forth between the dummies and the trainers to try a few things.... in total it takes between 1-2 hours to go from concept to fully optimized build+rotation.

Note: there are situations where it makes sense to drop main attack dps signifcantly to use another power that works within your rotation. Spotting those synergies has to do with looking at activation times in the tooltips, measuring out actual activation times in parses since those can vary from tooltip numbers, and considering tradeoffs in particular fights. I won't go into it right now, except to say that if you take the approach above to designing your builds you will more easily notice times when it's better to mix in a second or even third attack instead of continuing to spam the main one.
    How does intel primary scale at cosmics. Ive tried ego primary and intel..both avenger vindicator and its reallt hard to tell..at least for myself. Taking into consideration it varies depending what auras are at the cosmic.
    How does intel primary scale at cosmics. Ive tried ego primary and intel..both avenger vindicator and its reallt hard to tell..at least for myself. Taking into consideration it varies depending what auras are at the cosmic.

There is a section in the guide dedicated to defense penetration that discusses INT primary and the scaling of the Detect Vulnerability spec. Check the table of contents in the OP to find the section.

Cosmic resistances vary with player count. More players = more resistance. The higher the resists, the more effective INT primary gets. So it's better in larger cosmic fights and worse in smaller ones.
    Tyvm, I will def read that section asap.
    Note on Munitions 2:

A rotation that allows you to remain at further than 50 range is to use Gatling Gun instead of Shotgun Blast. Once the target has Armor Piercing on it, a tap of Gatling Gun will refresh it, so you only need to maintain it for the initial application. With an advantage it will also refresh Furious.​​
  • zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
    A note - thanks to a build given to me by the great @flowcyto I have come up with a good DPS cycle for the Darkness powerset. It goes like this:

Powers:
    Shadow Blast // rank 2; Devoid (applies Devoid)
    Dimensional Collapse // Glimpse of the Abyss (applies Fear); Lingering Darkness (refreshes Devoid)
    Ebon Ruin // rank 2; Nyctophobia (deals more damage against Feared targets)

Status Effects:
    Fear // required for Energy Unlock; damage bonus on Ebon Ruin
    Devoid // resistance debuff

Rotation:
    Opener // Shadow Blast (until Devoid) >> Ebon Ruin (charged)
    Rotation // Dimensional Collapse >> Ebon Ruin (charged) x2

I hope this has been helpful to you. It has been to me!
    I have come up with a good DPS cycle for the Darkness powerset. It goes like this: (...)
    The basics seem okay: put up Devoid and Fear w/ SBlast, refresh both debuffs w/ DCollapse, and use ERuin as filler (and just fire another charged SBlast if either debuff falls off, for w/e reason). Assuming energy is fine, you ideally should be getting more like 4-5 ERs in between each DC cooldown, though (not just 2 charges of ER- unless I'm misinterpreting what you meant).
  • xylstobanksxylstobanks Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @kamokami said:
    > Dex prim tends to do more damage on test dummy parses. But due to scaling on Sixth Sense and Follow Through, as soon as you have an AoPM on you, like at a Cosmic....Ego prim does more damage.

I know this reply is 3 years old, but when you say that you mean ego PSS gearing dex or ego PSS gearing ego?
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    On paper, neither. It's about specs, not form/stat stacking. That said, you need to check, but I believe severity scales more than crit chance, in ego specs.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • tasoseg#9218 tasoseg Posts: 28 Arc User
    Hey everyone.

I want to rework an old build of mine: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=38&n=Ego&d=15720XaKLWX2063071F100F20HFA03F50HFL04FB00FP05FE04FG00ON01FI0CFF00K503FO000dB52MGB3T3B40000000000&e=

Ego - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Disciple (Dex: 10, Int: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Agile (Dex: 8)

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blade
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Mental Block)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Barrage (Dazzle)
    Level 14: Mental Discipline
    Level 17: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Shield (Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 23: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Telekinetic Eruption (Enhanced Form, Inner Peace)
    Level 32: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 35: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Ego Surge
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Teleportation (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (1/3)
    Ego: Aggression (2/2)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Devices

(I know the Talents and the specs need to be changed asap)
    I want to make a Melee/Ranged DPS build, following the Telekinesis powerset.
    What would you suggest I should change?
    I mainly want to swap the SS, Talents, Specs and maybe some advantages, but any suggestions on powers is certainly appreciated.
    My username is Tasos-EG, but I can't change it :#