test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STOP with the cat content

It's not so much an urgent issue but still something a lot of players commented on but nobody's adressed as far as I've seen.
New items and content are nice but don't you think we have enough cat-themed stuff in the game?
Cat action figures, cat themed costume pieces, cat missions, refrences to cats, I get it, it's a reocurring idea for new content but don't you think there's more pressing matters to turn our attention to, or different items people would want to see in the game?
Just enough with the cats already please. I don't want Champions online to turn into Cats Online.

That's it

Comments

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    lol
    [NbK]XStorm
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    username checks​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Too bad. Our dev is a known crazy cat lady. Either you get brainwashed by the pussy cats or git.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    No mocking the OP. It is a legitimate Cat-astrophe. I still believe we'd have those new personal magnifiers if all the people asking for them were using them on giant cat creatures instead of some sort of canine.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ccaca82417970326b636836&rid=giphy.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    c.c
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • immaragequitimmaragequit Posts: 11 Arc User
    It's not that bad of an issue but it's still something that kind of grinds my gears. I see a lot of greast sugestions by other users all the time be it for new content or new items, and instead we're getting reskins of past cat action figures and a feline helmet very similar to the one we got on FM.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    You're probably going to get puppy AF reskin when the 10th anniversary hits.
    avianos wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ccaca82417970326b636836&rid=giphy.gif​​
    That is very unsanitary.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I still believe we'd have those new personal magnifiers if all the people asking for them were using them on giant cat creatures

I'm doing my part!
    y20je2i.jpg​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    The proper dev response to this is the announcement of the [Cat Lockbox]
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    -.-
    [NbK]XStorm
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    moar-cat.jpg
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    0edx7rgzv3f11.png
    nice profile picture bro
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    I'd rather all the dog and furry characters go away. Show up at a zone boss fight, and there's a bobblehead Anubis-looking toon...
    I'd rather all the dog and furry characters go away. Show up at a zone boss fight, and there's a bobblehead Anubis-looking toon...

found the person who hates dogs o3o
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Posts: 24 Arc User
    krazy.gif
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »

Is it ethical to lock a cat in a box and mail it to people?
    fermi wrote: »

It is not only ethical, it is the standard practice.
    http://www.petsovernight.com
    Order your kitten today!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    GOOD NEWS! instead of rescuing cats, Kais decided to send us to random places on maps other than MC. :p

Enjoy. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User

Only if your name is Schrodinger.
  • bulgarex wrote: »

Only if your name is Schrodinger.

*shifty eyes*​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    GOOD NEWS! instead of rescuing cats, Kais decided to send us to random places on maps other than MC. :p

I did not rescue the cats last year, I am most certainly not going to rescue any this year. I believe that was just a thing about it being the 9th and the superstition about cats having 9 lives. They better have something new and memorable about the 10th, coming in September, so there is plenty of time to create special events. I don't care about give-aways, free cars, etc.. I want to see something and be part of something special. When the ones who skipped the event ask, what happened? I can tell them and say, "Too bad you missed it. It was an event to remember, and all the YouTube videos in the world couldn't cover it enough to make you a part of it.". This needs to be the Woodstock of Champions.

I did not rescue the cats last year, I am most certainly not going to rescue any this year. I believe that was just a thing about it being the 9th and the superstition about cats having 9 lives. They better have something new and memorable about the 10th, coming in September, so there is plenty of time to create special events. I don't care about give-aways, free cars, etc.. I want to see something and be part of something special. When the ones who skipped the event ask, what happened? I can tell them and say, "Too bad you missed it. It was an event to remember, and all the YouTube videos in the world couldn't cover it enough to make you a part of it.". This needs to be the Woodstock of Champions.
    I was talking about the current event. No cats are part of the event. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The real problem with the cat content is insufficient dog content, and the dogs we have are pretty boring, they don't do things like wag their tails, pant, give paw, roll on their back and beg for attention, ...
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

Current event is not the Anniversary event, but rather the "The US blows up itself day"-event.

Current event is not the Anniversary event, but rather the "The US blows up itself day"-event.
    Red Winter isn't an American super-team :p

My point was that Kais hasn't added cats to ALL the events. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

Red Winter isn't an American super-team :p
    They're just trying to fit in and have gotten a few minor details wrong :tongue:
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Now, now. It's actually Russia blows itself up day. I mean, how else are you supposed to interpret a mass missile launch resulting in 'glorious rise', other than nuke-induced flight?
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Now, now. It's actually Russia blows itself up day. I mean, how else are you supposed to interpret a mass missile launch resulting in 'glorious rise', other than nuke-induced flight?

The fact that Red Winter managed to kick VIPER off Area 51 is kind of a feat in and out of itself.

Mostly in reference to how Area 51, in normal gameplay, is populated by VIPER agents.
  • atherrisatherris Posts: 27 Arc User
    I love cats, absolutely love them... but I do have to agree, cats here and there, great, but constant, fluffing cats?.. Please other things exist x.x
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    I could so easily turn this into an anti-cat, anti-dog statement (anti-furry...far too many of you milling about in Renn Center),but you all play what you play because you enjoy that character type somehow. I've exceeded a normal quota of hapless heroines, so we all have a preference or vice. I can accept the differences among our preferences and vices on server, if the rest can...but at least try to look like you spent some time at the tailor, cat stuff or not, and didn't just click randomize.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Just add some actual comic book superhero content from now instead of 15 year old references to Buffy or Twilight. Give us some real western superhero comic book genre stuff. I dare ya! ;)

Digimon crap incoming.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited August 2019
    do you REALLY want western-influenced superhero content?

Um, yes. You're damn right I do. That's what this game is supposed to be. Let's try that for a change. It doesn't have to be based on silly, 40-50 year old memes like in that thread. Comics have moved on since then, even if CO hasn't.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    ​​

that's a really weird question to ask for a game like this, but maybe that's just me not knowing what the game's about.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited August 2019
    bluhman wrote: »
    ​​

that's a really weird question to ask for a game like this, but maybe that's just me not knowing what the game's about.

+1

Bluh gets it. Bluh has always got it.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited August 2019
    Shadowfang240 you should know better, nobody is allowed to make any light-hearted comments in this thread about cats. Serious business only!

Speaking of which, where is all this cat content? The way some people talk the game is just full of cats but like... I almost never see cats anywhere. Is this entire thread ironic and people actually want more cat-based content?
    Just add some actual comic book superhero content from now instead of 15 year old references to Buffy or Twilight. Give us some real western superhero comic book genre stuff. I dare ya! ;)

Digimon crap incoming.
    Also known as "pet powers revamp" :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    This was the 9th year of CO and in myth, cats have 9 lives. That is probably the reason why there were many cats during those events.