test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Powerset Revision do you think was Best? Why?

lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
Thread title

updoot:
https://www.strawpoll.me/17911964
This poll should allow for multiple answers​​
Post edited by lezard21 on

Which Powerset Revision do you think was Best? Why? 23 votes

Fire
8%
spinnytopchaosdrgnz43 2 votes
Electricity
4%
pantagruel01 1 vote
Power Armor
0%
Munition
0%
Laser Sword
13%
baelogventuremagpieuk2014darqaura2 3 votes
Telekinesis
8%
lezard21nacito#6758 2 votes
Unarmed
8%
bluhmantemp1#1109 2 votes
Single Blade
0%
Bestial Supernatural
4%
pwestolemyname 1 vote
Arcane Sorcery
52%
riveroceanmorigosaaesicabringmeaslabsoulforgernbkxsphasestarmarkhawkmantheravenforceavianosgentlegiantvexxtheglasskitten 12 votes

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Fire
    Cause it let me make a healer that wasn't a Magicelestial healer u3u basically adding the ability to make a real healer out of a set that previously didn't have it is to me an A+ improvement to any set. Goes up to SSS rank when it's a healer that can also dps.

Other than that though my answer would actually still be Telekenisis, but I like turning Lezard's polls into lies o3o Telekenisis got lots of good stuff and still stands up as one of the most versatile sets in the game because of it, even if you can't make a TK healer.​​
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Arcane Sorcery
    Enabled so much magical versatility in visuals and gameplay, love seeing others being their unique ways of mages they wish to be with it's revision.

I'd've voted Darkness, Because it encouraged DPS supports, but It's not listed here it seems.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Telekinesis
    Telekinesis got a lot of very useful things going for it to the point that it feels like a complete set.

It got both Melee and Ranged options, both with good/great DPS.

It got survivability tools in Ego Blade Frenzy with Dependancy + shield advs.

It got CC potential in TK Barrage

It got a really good Ultimate

I think no other revised set covers all this aspects​​
    Telekinesis
    Also Darkness is not listed here cause I thought it was a small tweak (unless it was confirmed to be THE Darkness revamp), but also because forums are dumb and won't allow me to put more than 10 vote options.

I had originally added an 11th option for Minor Tweaks (HW, Infernal, Darkness)​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Fire
    I'm pretty sure that was the Darkness revamp, since it got a Form and had its EU and core dpsing dynamic adjusted. Those are generally what you can identify a revamp by.​​
    Telekinesis
    Well then my answer defaults to FORUMS emot-argh.gif​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Arcane Sorcery
    Sorcery without a doubt!
    • It took 4 redundant and unnecessary similar frameworks and merged them into one without compromising what each subset could previously do.
    • Added several visually-pleasing abilities, specifically Star Barrage and Soul Beam.
    • Added an offensive passive which, while underwhelming in terms of secondary benefits, it allows for mixing of damage types that previously were split apart. In particular, the option to use Toxic damage alongside Magic and Dimensional.
    • Has a flexible energy unlock due to how widespread curses are (and will hopefully continue to become)

In spite of that, I think Sorcery could use a quick second pass for some powers, specifically:
    • Invocation of Storm Calling: Brought in line with Electricity's Storm Summoner, both in terms of maintain time and advantages (a repel-to and a stack-applier for something other than Plasma Burn would be good starting points.
    • Divine Renewal: Brought in line with other ally-rez powers.
    • Hex of Suffering: Increased to 100 foot range so that people don't feel as obligated to shop out-of-set (hi Will o Wisp) for a 100 foot version of the Magic debuff.
    • Auras: It'd be best if: 1) The ally bonuses scaled with super stats in general instead of just Presence, and 2) if used by Hybrids, the effects on allies weren't penalized, but could only affect the user's pets.

Laser Sword is definitely a runner up, if not a tie for first place for me
    • First and foremost, this was a complete set created from just a few awkward powers in Power Armor. Props to Kais for doing this!
    • Thematically very cool.
    • I hope to see more powers added to this set over time to fill it out a bit more.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Arcane Sorcery
    Tehre were several options. Muni, Laser Sword, and Fire were all things I considered.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Arcane Sorcery
    Definitely Arcane, Followerd by Telekinesis
    The powerframe went from Support-Debuff to have DPS options with awesome visuals :grimace:
    It felt so good after so many years to have a clean magic DPS

Good Damage, Good Utilities, Good Support, Good Energy management, Good Visuals​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Arcane Sorcery
    Arcane Sorcery for me hands down, just simply awesome to play now.
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Arcane Sorcery
    I think the reasons I would give for rating the sorcery revamp the best are more or less already covered in the posts above, but the biggest is just that it gave me Soul Beam, the ST dps maintain that I had always wanted for my sorcery main. The mechanics of the power allow for some amount of build variety, too, since you have different options for supplying the curse and enchantment, and some of them are even real alternatives. More generally, the revamp took the four sorcery trees and upgraded them from a cherry-picker set to a cohesive powerframe with some cool synergies.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Arcane Sorcery
    Arcane Sorcery was the most organized and well-executed power-set revamp. The original sorcery power tree was a huge mess. Then it got consolidated and improved. Still impressed with that.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Arcane Sorcery
    Sorcery hands down for me! New powers, new passive and a new damage form that was both thematic and effective. It also allows us to change the symbol some attacks use and that’s a nice touch!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Arcane Sorcery
    Sorcery hands down for me! New powers, new passive and a new damage form that was both thematic and effective. It also allows us to change the symbol some attacks use and that’s a nice touch!

The only thing that could have made sorcery better, would have been the option to choose the dmg type. Since lightning, ice, and fire are also sorcery.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Arcane Sorcery
    nbkxs wrote: »
    The only thing that could have made sorcery better, would have been the option to choose the dmg type. Since lightning, ice, and fire are also sorcery.
    That'd be nice, but not sure if this engine could handle that without too much extra work. Plus there's this weird thought process going on amidst much of the CO community where having more damage types somehow makes something more powerful and thus, should come with some sort of drawback. Which is of course moronic.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Bestial Supernatural
    I would have said Fire because it was pretty nice, but it still does not perform as well as some of the other sets.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Fire
    Fire. It was neat that they added some heals for the set. Absorb Heat still heals a lot even in DPS role~ It's also a viable Tanking set.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Unarmed
    Interesting choices. I chose MA because:
    • First set overhaul to suggest a solution to redundant defense-debuff types
    • Provides a basis by which future sets should be redone by, specifically the other MA sets (dragon moves no longer being free energy) and might (Demolish can be refreshed)
    • Ties in well to tons of surrounding sets
    • Introduced cool animations, made several moves that used cool animations but were mechanically terrible now usable/viable.
    • Cool possibilities for Might/STR Martial Artists (also a minus because now Might is just about entirely eclipsed by what MA does... All the more reason they probably should get started on that then.)
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Laser Sword
    Laser Sword, for me. That was a bit overcomplicated in its original state and got tidied up nicely. The new passive opened up lots of possibilities, too, and made ranged energy weapon builds work nicely : perfect for some retro scifi zapping!
    Telekinesis
    Ok, so far both of these polls are shedding some interesting light on the reviews.

Fire and Laser Sword changes received mixed feelings.

Unarmed, TK and Arcane Sorcery have been positively well received and there have been no complaints.

Alternatively, the changes to PA and Munitions were received negatively with no positive comment on them.

Hopefully this information will prove useful for the dev team in figuring out what preferences the playerbase has for future powerset revisions​​
    Telekinesis
    I think I will make a straw poll though cause a lot of people voted for one option but in their reply they mentioned other powers. This forum suxxs​​
    Arcane Sorcery
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I think I will make a straw poll though cause a lot of people voted for one option but in their reply they mentioned other powers. This forum suxxs

I suggest you sharing the Straw Poll link INGAME as well (Supergroups, zone, chats e.t.c)
    so we can get more mileage from more players, the usual forum users are very limited anyway​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Arcane Sorcery
    Also, i will also agree that after Sorcery, Unarmed Revamp was the best one but still needs more additions (more kick powers)

For starters, the Unarmed Revamp gave A LOT of different powers DPS potential and didn't stuck with focus ONLY on building DPS for this 1 power (hurr durr Luminescent Slash durr) which is more than welcome for variety and theme building

and as mentioned, it gave the defensive only kicks into of offensive powers :grimace: now we just need more kicking powers​​
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Bestial Supernatural
    I actually like the Darkness revamp, as well. For a while, now, I have been trying to make a viable AoED build and never came up with anything decent. After the latest Darkness revamp, I went with that and it works very nicely. Shadow Manifestation was a great addition that made the build viable. The only thing they still need to change is the charge time on Grasping Shadows. No reason for that power to take so long, it's not anything really special.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    Telekinesis
    Gonna post this in the OP but here this should allow for multiple answers

https://www.strawpoll.me/17911964​​