test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defender’s National Training Program

I joined Defender’s National Training Program and in just 2 short days i have lost 12 pounds, gotten my life back on track and become and avid jazzerciser!

Thank you Defender’s National Training Program!
╔══╗
╚╗╔╝
╔╝(¯v´¯)
╚══.¸Menagerie

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I spent 10$ and a ton of questionite. Now I have so much more room for questionite, and money in my wallet! :D​​
  • dreadjaws2dreadjaws2 Posts: 58 Arc User
    All joking aside, I think this was a nice event. It was neat to finally see again some people working on missions the same time I was outside of the starting area.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    It was actually a really nice event and I was really not expecting it!
    The rewards were worth it for me at least​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    yeah it helped me forget the pain of my horrifically unorganized character select page for a couple of days.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    yeah it helped me forget the pain of my horrifically unorganized character select page for a couple of days.

OH MOOD​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    I really enjoyed the leveling challenge and remembered why I play CO in the 1st place.

Built a Noir-themed character, tweaked his costume between leveling, did some content I hadn't touched for years...and found some missions I actually never did before (I was so surprised by this, I'm 4 pages into my character select screen and I'm still finding something new).

Thanks, Devs. My 1 humble suggestion is, in addition to perhaps doing this again in the future, have an encore presentation of THIS challenge, with the same prizes, for those couldn't make it this week due to real life commitments. It's just a timing issue.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    My lights were out for three days
    bluhman wrote: »

I have a theory that holding Monster Week and the leveling event during the same week was actually their way of testing the new sorting method, since it guaranteed that people would both switch toons a lot, and add new toons to the mix. Just a theory tho.​​
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    Thanks, Devs. My 1 humble suggestion is, in addition to perhaps doing this again in the future, have an encore presentation of THIS challenge, with the same prizes, for those couldn't make it this week due to real life commitments. It's just a timing issue.

I second this!
    The rewards are fun and I would have been really disappointed if missed out entirely... RL is RL and doesn't always cooperate with play time.
    It was tough for me with limited play time, I usually miss out on the bulk of week long events, and this event was difficult... I even had to cheat my last few levels with level tokens, but I guess that was part of the reason for this event, SALES! lol

My suggestion... with this event being paired with Monster Week... eh... that wasn't ideal... I still need to grind GCR on many characters for endgame gear... now add another to that list!
    Maybe if it were a Q-Bonus week instead?
    Maybe if Level up tokens were on sale?
    Maybe just outright purchase Defender's Training with the power of money like a certain Bruce or Tony would... instead of having to use a new character?

• gameon wrote: »
    Maybe just outright purchase Defender's Training with the power of money like a certain Bruce or Tony would... instead of having to use a new character?

why would they do that when the entire point of the event was that you make a new character? if you want to pay your way after that, you can - 4K zen gets you from 6 to 40 in less than one minute - but you still have to actually MAKE a character for it because that's the entire point​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    I enjoyed this event very much. Hope to see it again in the future.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    I just finished with no alerts, no xp bonuses, and mission/drop gear only. Also, not a throw-away character, thankfully.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I just finished with no alerts, no xp bonuses, and mission/drop gear only. Also, not a throw-away character, thankfully.
    That's being hardcore. What was total for /played?
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    That's being hardcore. What was total for /played?

Would be roughly 30 to 60 hours, give or take. Depends on how quickly they were doing things or if they stood around a lot.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    why would they do that when the entire point of the event was that you make a new character? if you want to pay your way after that, you can - 4K zen gets you from 6 to 40 in less than one minute - but you still have to actually MAKE a character for it because that's the entire point​​

Why?

Because I have an army of characters as it is. Most powersets, every class. I've also got archetypes galore!.
    I didn't need NEW character number whatever... but I did need the perks and rewards (because I want more!).

I still have half a dozen sub 30 characters that remain on my roster unfinished... They weren't eligible for the event. I know I'm not "everyone" but if it were "Reach level 40" without the "Created between..." restriction?
    I didn't have to MAKE a new one, prior to the event my last new was from April 1... I could have just finished that one... or one of any number I have that aren't 40...

And why not an option to outright buy it? I wonder how many level-up tokens were sold... I know there were TONS in the AH that all sold fairly fast...
    We have different key bundles, why not different leveling/reward packages too? Maybe even a Retcon token/ Gold Collector Card bundle? Or maybe even a bundle for Freeform slots (level- up tokens, gear, collector cards, whatever...) Sell some stuff, make some money, and keep the game around longer!

Who knows if we'll ever see it again. (We should, it was a great idea! Bonus was that it was nice seeing players around outside of Cosmics and Alerts! Except in Lemuria... that place was still fairly dead lol)
    IF we ever see it again will we have the same week long restriction? (Probably, why not? Most sales last a week too... coincidence?)

I dunno... Nothing wrong with feedback, is there?

gameon wrote: »
    I still have half a dozen sub 30 characters that remain on my roster unfinished... They weren't eligible for the event.

In the end I basically ended up taking the character I had bought to lvl 40 and just gave it the costume and powers of an ineligible sub-40, so in effect I got an ineligible toon to level 40 that way.​​
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    What was total for /played?
    Brigandine has brought justice for 1 day, 9 hours, 23 minutes, 1 second. That's about 33 1/2 hours. I can see why most people wouldn't do it this way.

The trick was to not have kids. x3
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    It was a fun event! Definitely proud to have gotten a toon to 40 so quickly. It normally takes me foreeeeveeeer. I'm an LTS, but even though the exclusive costume tokens are useless to me, I really enjoy the emote. It's nice having unlocked it account wide. :)

Thanks for doing it!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    https://archive.fo/rfBmH

Just in case.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • akaibara2akaibara2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi, I only have about an hour left before this event closes. I just a while ago got to lvl 40 from a brand new created character from yesterday. I don't see how to get the rewards for it... Where do you get the rewards for completing it? : /
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    This was posted on the patch notes as well:

If you have hit 40 with a new character during the event times and didn't get the rewards, please contact customer support and let them know.

You can contact support by pressing esc while in game, pressing the Help button then Request Gm Help.

We have gotten reports players stopped receiving the rewards a few hours before the event ends.​​
  • akaibara2akaibara2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you! I just sent in a report through the game.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    akaibara2 wrote: »
    Hi, I only have about an hour left before this event closes. I just a while ago got to lvl 40 from a brand new created character from yesterday. I don't see how to get the rewards for it... Where do you get the rewards for completing it? : /

To collect the rewards you need to open the Zen Store and look in the Bonus section. If you're rewards aren't there try logging out and in again. If you still don't see your rewards ask customer support as suggested.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Sent my ticket in, though I can't review it in-game. I'm hoping it went through and that it not appearing under "My Tickets" is just a visual bug and not an internal error that stopped the ticket.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • liontriadliontriad Posts: 2 Arc User
    I wish it lasted longer than a week, I couldnt get any time off from work and i fell short. Not the end of the world but it did kick the wind off my sails when i realized i wasnt gonna make it. I wish it lasted as long as STO's recruitment events.
    liontriad wrote: »
    I wish it lasted longer than a week, I couldnt get any time off from work and i fell short. Not the end of the world but it did kick the wind off my sails when i realized i wasnt gonna make it. I wish it lasted as long as STO's recruitment events.

How long were those?

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    blumoon8 wrote: »

How long were those?
    Well, the Delta Recruit event (which I just went and Googled :smile: ) lasted from April 2 to May 21 of 2018, and technically is still ongoing - you just had to get your Delta Recruit character through the tutorial before the event ended, and the rewards are still available for that toon (not to mention the account-wide rewards, mostly in the nature of Reputation marks and Dilithium).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • shiftreshiftre Posts: 1 Arc User
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Sent my ticket in, though I can't review it in-game. I'm hoping it went through and that it not appearing under "My Tickets" is just a visual bug and not an internal error that stopped the ticket.​​

I'm in the same boat, I did the same and hadn't heard back nor have I seen the ticket in "My Tickets". And I've checked the Store -> Bonus tab multiple times. Hoping the week didn't go to waste :(
    jonsills wrote: »

How long were those?
    Well, the Delta Recruit event (which I just went and Googled :smile: ) lasted from April 2 to May 21 of 2018, and technically is still ongoing - you just had to get your Delta Recruit character through the tutorial before the event ended, and the rewards are still available for that toon (not to mention the account-wide rewards, mostly in the nature of Reputation marks and Dilithium).

That's quite the difference. @.@ Thanks for googling it. :)

• crackodemoncrackodemon Posts: 2 Arc User
    There going to be a fix yet for not getting our rewards despite sending in a ticket or not? Still waiting to get my stuff after wasting my time on an event that busted from lack of testing.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    There going to be a fix yet for not getting our rewards despite sending in a ticket or not? Still waiting to get my stuff after wasting my time on an event that busted from lack of testing.

1) They probably have a bunch of tickets to go through
    2) At the moment of your post, it was Friday 11PM~. After Friday comes Saturday, and it's frequently followed by Sunday. This is generally known as a "weekend" (pronounced /ˈwiˌkɛnd/ )
    3) It's Easter weekend

So I would at least wait till Monday's work hours before grabbing the torch and pitchfork​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    How long were those?
    Well, each recruit event in STO has goals to achieve. One of the Gamma Recruit goals is to spend 90 spec points. This is kinda like leveling your character to max then gaining the equivalent of 75 more levels. Oh and it's NOT the only objective you must complete.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I didn't really have the time or inclination to level up a new 40. Despite that, I still had a good time. I really like support as a role. So I hopped on with my various support toons and joined the Alerts. It was fun helping other players level and supports are very much appreciated. Especially, if you're packing a good aura.

The event was pretty good IMHO. I hope it comes around again.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    How long were those?
    Well, each recruit event in STO has goals to achieve. One of the Gamma Recruit goals is to spend 90 spec points. This is kinda like leveling your character to max then gaining the equivalent of 75 more levels. Oh and it's NOT the only objective you must complete.
    For another example, a Delta Recruit is contacted by his future self and tasked with locating a number of Iconian data stashes in various locations along his missions - the data will presumably be useful in prosecuting the Iconian War, which hasn't started yet when you're recruited (all standard recruits start in 2409; the exceptions are TOS-era recruits, who start in 2270 (about five years after Kirk's famous journeys), and Discovery-era toons, who start in 2256, but everyone gets brought up to 2409 by the time they hit 10th level). The benefit there is that not only does the recruit get a reward every time they find a cache (usually a passel of Reputation marks), but every toon on the account can start collecting goodies starting when they hit lvl 20 (generally either marks or Dilithium - it's a good way to collect Dil).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • cbob312cbob312 Posts: 79 Arc User
    Delta recruit was a better way to do it. You didn't have to finish the whole thing right then. I completely failed this challenge and have nothing to show for it.
  • geistlingergeistlinger Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    deadman20 wrote: »

Me too, can't check any tickets submitted (in game at least, I found them in the support page, though, and response was that they planned to send out rewards by nest week.
    Just an update on the players who didn't get a reward when they got to 40 within the last few hours of the event: We've reviewed all the tickets and will be able to grant the rewards to eligible players come Thursday.
    edited April 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Just an update on the players who didn't get a reward when they got to 40 within the last few hours of the event: We've reviewed all the tickets and will be able to grant the rewards to eligible players come Thursday.
    What if you forgot to do the ticket?

EIDT: I just submitted one, since I kept forgetting to do that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited April 2019
    What if you forgot to do the ticket?

Stop forgetting to remember! Remember to stop forgetting.​​
    Players affected should have received a reply from customer service today and logging into the character should grant the proper rewards.
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    I received the Overachiever perk on my character when I logged on earlier today (thank you!), but still have not been able to find the emote in the ZEN store bonus tab as described in the perk. Is there something else that needs to be done to unlock the emote?
    edited April 2019
    I received the Overachiever perk on my character when I logged on earlier today (thank you!), but still have not been able to find the emote in the ZEN store bonus tab as described in the perk. Is there something else that needs to be done to unlock the emote?

Have you checked if you have the emote? You should just get it, no Zen store involvement. It'll be with the other dance emotes.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yes, it's /e dance_jazzercize, not just /e jazzercize.
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Unless I'm missing something, the fix hasn't worked completely. My character that did the event got an item to grant them credit, and that gave them the perk. However, I didn't get the emote, and the perk doesn't show on any of my other characters.
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Unless I'm missing something, the fix hasn't worked completely. My character that did the event got an item to grant them credit, and that gave them the perk. However, I didn't get the emote, and the perk doesn't show on any of my other characters.

Not sure about the perk, but I was in the same position as far as the emotes. It sounds weird, but type in just "/e dance" in the chat bar and then start tabbing up and down in the available options with the up or down arrow on your keyboard.

I'm not sure why, but when I first tried typing in dance emotes to check if they'd been unlocked both today and yesterday, it didn't show up and I thought it hadn't unlocked. But just now as soon as I started running through the options with the up and down keys the emotes showed up for me. And I just confirmed they showed up for another character as well.
    edited April 2019
    You guys know there's an emotes window that you can open that shows all your emotes right? o3o you don't gotta do the typing thing​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    [quote="bringmeaslab;c-12828826"However, I didn't get the emote, and the perk doesn't show on any of my other characters.[/quote]

You have to manually claim the perk on each character​​
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    In the z-store bonus tab, right? I don't have anything there. Similarly, Dance_Jazzercize doesn't show in the emotes window.
    edited April 2019
    I didn't get anything at all. During the event I had the new character talk to Defender several times and never saw any dialog out of the ordinary. It's like the character (Kaileia) just never got flagged as having started the event.

The only thing I can think of out of the ordinary is that I didn't create a fresh costume. I loaded a costume I'd built for a Nem when making the character.

Yes I submitted a ticket. No I haven't received a response.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • wampuscatwampuscat Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Same here. I've gotten nothing and haven't gotten any responses from the tickets I sent in.