test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let me choose.

areeeareee Posts: 493 Arc User
The new character ordering is good for some, terrible for others.

Give us a toggle on the character page. With a click it opens down showing options in how to order. Then click, we can get which one we want and if the Devs decide to add other ways or organize the setup is already in place.
«1

Comments

  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,409 Arc User
    Yes seconded
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))
    
  • avianosavianos Posts: 5,623 Arc User
    This game has always been about Choices and Options
    Why ENFORCE this change, ignore the feedbacks and not give us options​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point
    Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergies
    Playing since 1 February 2011 90+ Characters (7 ATs, 83 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Was already suggested when it was on PTS.
    avianos wrote: »
    Why ENFORCE this change, ignore the feedbacks and not give us options

    I feel like the answers to this question are so obvious that it should be rhetorical, but on the off chance that it's not "We couldn't do it at the time" or "We can't do that" are the likely answers.

    Also enforce is the wrong word, even if you bold and capitalize it. "Make" would have been better, but I know you were trying to be dramatic.​​
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    It just occurred to me that if regular players are having problems with this, just think what it is doing to people diagnosed with autism or are otherwise on the spectrum or just some OCD people.

    Congrats, Devs! Your "Quality of Life" change has likely caused issues for people with developmental disabilities.
  • areeeareee Posts: 493 Arc User
    I don't have developmental disability myself, however I have had memory problems since high school. It's gotten worse with age so I develop patterns and order to help keep things in order. The current change requires me to log in and out of each character Before the one I want to play, then log in and out all those afterwards. Just to keep the order that repetition has allowed me to keep in this ratty old head of mine.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,530 Arc User
    +1

    I'll throw my full support behind any thread that says "take this crappy character sorting change and bury it in the deepest, darkest hole you can find." Then drop a nuke in after.

    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • but make sure it isn't on a faultline, or this will happen


    )​​
    RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

    blacklivesmatter.png

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,409 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    It just occurred to me that if regular players are having problems with this, just think what it is doing to people diagnosed with autism or are otherwise on the spectrum or just some OCD people.

    Congrats, Devs! Your "Quality of Life" change has likely caused issues for people with developmental disabilities.

    im going to get a little personal here.

    I was diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism at the age of 3. I currently work as a UI software engineer.
    Cryptic has no idea how much ineffable pain this update has caused me both on a habitual level as well as from a professional standpoint.

    UI-designer side, what exactly is the intent of this change? Is it to encourage players to play one character more? How does this benefit this standpoint? Already, prior to the change, the login screen would start you on the same page as the last character you played, so this wasn't an issue. It doesn't benefit the creation of new characters, either, because each time you log in, you're put on the same page as the last character you played - and that's always page 1. You have to always go to the last page to create a new character.

    Is it for consistency between games? Because if this is the case then the login screen would also necessitate listing of actual character names in a large scrolling list instead of individual-loading icons - which, by the way, is also a need to keep the order of each character's hex in a consistent, static order in the list. This is beginning to get into the personal points.

    Prior to the update, whenever Smash day would roll around, my usual gameplay routine would be to go through an entire page of alts, update their builds, track which ones would need respecs accodringly, all based on whichever page had the largest last-log-in periods (something that was shown prior to the update).
    BT6z6bo.png
    This picture above? That's my roster, prior to the update (it's even larger now by the way, that last page got filled). Notice how it was consistently sorted by page. Chisoku, Lady Anubis, Inspector Steel, they're always on page 1, and then characters like General Grief, Meltdown, and Apostate are always on page 8. When Smash day rolled around, I'd go through an entirety of 13 characters based on page position to do Smashes. There was an order to this.

    This update has thrown my ability to do this in a time-effective way out the window. That is now about half my playtime I usually devote to the game removed, because I now cannot follow this procedure, and I also can't keep track of which characters I still have to respec because I wasn't slavishly keeping track of all of my alts and their status in a fully-filled out Excel sheet. No, I was just doing it casually in a crappy text file because I didn't have Excel back when I started playing and also despite the above I'm not really great at organizing myself. This is literally what it looks like:
    z3b1QJj.png

    Also, if I just want to mess around in the tailor, this update means that each time I log in or swap characters to do it from the login screen, that's 13+ pages I need to go through to reach an empty slot. That's just inconvenient from a number-of-clicks/efficiency standpoint, even outside of my weirdo non-neurotypical habits. True, it's not even possible for people to get 13 pages anymore, but for some players (especially those with lower-end systems) there's actually a massive performance drop between the login screen Tailor and the ingame Tailor. I've heard some other players complain that CO outright crashes sometimes if they attempt to use the tailor in rencen for example.

    So okay, laugh at me for having a developmental disability, or how I keep yelling about how I hate this change and am being a huge inadaptable baby retard, fine, that makes me want to play with this community less each time you say I just need to roll with the punches. And I do wish that Cryptic or @kaizerin would actually listen to me about this issue but due to me being slightly too rough with how I've voiced my criticism on the game in the past, they've more or less put me on ignore for every method of contact I've attempted. Part of that is how I've recently been employed with this UI work, realizing how simple it seems to do, and questioning myself: 'how is cryptic so slow at what they do?' Part of it is gaining more disposable income to put into the game, trading off less time to farm for events, and perhaps expecting more from them as I put just a fraction of my paycheck - to a game that I truly want to see succeed in every sense of the word, and with the only way I can do it right now.

    People who have followed my guides on steam might notice they're missing now, and for that I'm truly sorry, because I need to make my presence known to the developers somehow to tell them that they I feel they've made a costly mistake by doing this.

    I probably would've put my thoughts into words like this earlier if I had made the connection as to exactly why this change was affecting me so deeply, but Shortbus' comment there only really allowed me to put two and two together now.

    Anyways, I might still drop in on the game, again because I do like bits of it, but with what is essentially a core method of how I've played the game for about 7+ years now entirely uprooted and dismembered I simply can't find it in myself to do it as much as before. If you made it here through my E/N TLDR nerd rant about a game online and read the whole thing, I commend you and thank you for your consideration.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))
    
  • breaditebreadite Posts: 18 Arc User
    I for one love every update that when previewed, everyone complains, and then the dev simply hand waves away all the complaints like they're not valid, and then puts up the update anyway to everyone complaining even more. It makes me feel like I'm being listened to by the dev team and that they value the input of their community.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    So okay, laugh at me for having a developmental disability

    With how familiar this playerbase is with mental disorders, I doubt anyone who has been here for a while is laughing about that.

    Like I said on PTS, giving players an option is best.​​
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    bluhman wrote: »
    So okay, laugh at me for having a developmental disability

    With how familiar this playerbase is with mental disorders, I doubt anyone who has been here for a while is laughing about that.

    Like I said on PTS, giving players an option is best.​​

    I am riddled with dyslexia


    ?narm I tahw wohk uoy

  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    beezeeze wrote: »
    spinnytop wrote: »
    bluhman wrote: »
    So okay, laugh at me for having a developmental disability

    With how familiar this playerbase is with mental disorders, I doubt anyone who has been here for a while is laughing about that.

    Like I said on PTS, giving players an option is best.​​

    I am riddled with dyslexia


    ?naem I tahw wohk uoy


  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I spelled It backwards that first time^


  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,530 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    bluhman wrote: »
    I currently work as a UI software engineer.

    UI-designer side, what exactly is the intent of this change?
    From one UI developer to another, this is literally my biggest gripe about this change. Changes to the user end experience should never make the experience worse* for the majority of users, yet that's exactly what this monstrosity does. Prior to the change, I'd just roll through my characters, top to bottom every time the weekly vigilance alert changed. Easy to track, no spreadsheet/notes/list required. Now, that's only possible if I don't have to log on a specific character in the middle of the rotation, as that can throw everything off.

    * Sometimes, seedy design decisions are made to increase in-app time, but this really doesn't seem like one of them.

    Is the goal to make people less interested in playing alts? Because that's what it's doing for me...
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I suspect this change was done to sync CO with Cryptic's other games. Which wouldn't be ridiculous if they also replaced the character selection screen with something that looked like Cryptic's other games, instead of a weird hex pattern with no names...
  • except they didn't - before this change, only ONE cryptic game did that, that being STO

    NWO is a static list​​
    RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

    blacklivesmatter.png

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 169 Arc User
    I have to say two things. One - Bluhman, thank you for all the work you put into your powerset guide, I referred to it often. I probably don't really understand your situation entirely, because to my knowledge I do not have such a disability. I was also sad to lose it as an online resource but I kind of understand why you pulled your guides. :(

    But two - I find the new login order incredibly disorienting. I have a really really good memory, so this new ordering is probably not actually as bad for me as it is for you, but I do not like it at all. I will adapt, I guess, but I wish I didn't have to. It really throws me off.

    I'm a DB guy not a UI expert, but this change... Well. Guess it's been discussed.

    Thanks Bluhman and I'm sorry to see your guides gone.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,409 Arc User
    I have to say two things. One - Bluhman, thank you for all the work you put into your powerset guide, I referred to it often. I probably don't really understand your situation entirely, because to my knowledge I do not have such a disability. I was also sad to lose it as an online resource but I kind of understand why you pulled your guides. :(

    But two - I find the new login order incredibly disorienting. I have a really really good memory, so this new ordering is probably not actually as bad for me as it is for you, but I do not like it at all. I will adapt, I guess, but I wish I didn't have to. It really throws me off.

    I'm a DB guy not a UI expert, but this change... Well. Guess it's been discussed.

    Thanks Bluhman and I'm sorry to see your guides gone.

    If the old sorting system/a selectable one is put in, then the guides can be quickly restored - they're only hidden for now, not deleted.

    Unfortunately the developers still haven't really acknowledged anything yet, so I might have to remove more of my material (specifically some stickied topics/guides I've written in the past years) to make my point more visible. These won't be as easy to restore from what I understand.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))
    
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    bluhman wrote: »
    Unfortunately the developers still haven't really acknowledged anything yet, so I might have to remove more of my material (specifically some stickied topics/guides I've written in the past years) to make my point more visible. These won't be as easy to restore from what I understand.

    Trying to force the devs to do something by taking your ball and going home is sure to work. Good luck.
    I suspect this change was done to sync CO with Cryptic's other games. Which wouldn't be ridiculous if they also replaced the character selection screen with something that looked like Cryptic's other games, instead of a weird hex pattern with no names...

    I don't think so. I think they did it because they felt it would work better for most people. It's worked out fantastically for me, you can look forward to me being bummed if they go back to the previous method.​​
  • darekliftardarekliftar Posts: 19 Arc User
    bluhman I entreat you to leave the guides up. Here is what I suggest. You and the other heavy hitters leave the forums and post exclusively to the up to now pretty dead reddit group. Stop communicating or using arcs forums or official channels completely. I think maybe even stop using game chat and go to discord exclusively. I will miss you guys but I would understand. What Im saying is don't abandon the playerbase. Abandon the official game stuff. If you can remove stuff from arc forums then most certainly do so. FYI I almost never comment in forums. Only on super rare occasions. For the topic at hand I hate the change. I only have 7 characters that can do vigilance ATM (3AT and 4 FF)and its annoying for me. I can't imagine if I had like another significant figure level of alts.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I only have 7 characters that can do vigilance ATM (3AT and 4 FF)and its annoying for me. I can't imagine if I had like another significant figure level of alts.

    I have 20 characters that do vigilance and the change actually made doing vigilances with them more convenient and fun, so no worries.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Honestly, its great for vigilance, it makes rotating characters perfectly automated. What it's bad for is when you want a specific character.
  • darekliftardarekliftar Posts: 19 Arc User
    Ugh I hate it with vigilance. I want to know which box is which character. Especially for the one that completes and is going to do the alert the next day. This new order every time I go to a new character does not work with my brain type.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,530 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Honestly, its great for vigilance, it makes rotating characters perfectly automated. What it's bad for is when you want a specific character.
    It is until you (for whatever reason) have to log on somebody who wasn't done it yet and don't have time to run it on them while they're on. I thought the old sorting method was better for vigilance, since I could just go down the list, left to right, top to bottom.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    It is until you (for whatever reason) have to log on somebody who wasn't done it yet and don't have time to run it on them while they're on.

    Well since you don't have enough time to play, the good news is that character will be at the top of Page 1 next time you do have time to play. Yeeeeeeey \o/​​
  • areeeareee Posts: 493 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    aesica wrote: »
    It is until you (for whatever reason) have to log on somebody who wasn't done it yet and don't have time to run it on them while they're on.

    Well since you don't have enough time to play, the good news is that character will be at the top of Page 1 next time you do have time to play. Yeeeeeeey \o/​​

    Unless you forget that you hadn't done it and start the next character on the bottom of the list only to realize on the next Vigilence alert that you missed one character.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Or unless you had switched characters a couple of times in-between for a CC, or to find something on one of your characters somewhere........or any other reason really.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    areee wrote: »
    Unless you forget that you hadn't done it and start the next character on the bottom of the list only to realize on the next Vigilence alert that you missed one character.

    Something that can happen no matter what the sorting method - oops, forgot where I left off, missed a toon! Heck, I used to do that by accident all the time when it was the old sorting method. Hasn't happened since the new sorting method tho.... hmmmmmmmmmmm LCkDdv9.png​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    My big problem is remembering IF I finished doing stuff on a character and not so much whether I logged in on them.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,530 Arc User
    Yay I already missed Grab on a bunch of characters because of the new sorting method...
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • areeeareee Posts: 493 Arc User
    I just want to know why they replaced it when they could have just made it an option.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Yay I already missed Grab on a bunch of characters because of the new sorting method...

    Don't blame the change for your own mistakes.​​
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,409 Arc User
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therac-25

    Here's a computerized radiation machine that gave way too high doses on several occasions.
    excerpt wrote:
    It was involved in at least six accidents between 1985 and 1987, in which patients were given massive overdoses of radiation.[1]:425 Because of concurrent programming errors, it sometimes gave its patients radiation doses that were hundreds of times greater than normal, resulting in death or serious injury.[2] These accidents highlighted the dangers of software control of safety-critical systems, and they have become a standard case study in health informatics and software engineering. Additionally the overconfidence of the engineers[1]:428 and lack of proper due diligence to resolve reported software bugs are highlighted as an extreme case where the engineers' overconfidence in their initial work and failure to believe the end users' claims caused drastic repercussions.

    ...

    A commission concluded that the primary reason should be attributed to the bad software design and development practices, and not explicitly to several coding errors that were found. In particular, the software was designed so that it was realistically impossible to test it in a clean automated way.[3]

    Researchers who investigated the accidents found several contributing causes. These included the following institutional causes:
    • AECL did not have the software code independently reviewed.
    • AECL did not consider the design of the software during its assessment of how the machine might produce the desired results and what failure modes existed. These form parts of the general techniques known as reliability modeling and risk management.
    • The system noticed that something was wrong and halted the X-ray beam, but merely displayed the word "MALFUNCTION" followed by a number from 1 to 64. The user manual did not explain or even address the error codes, so the operator pressed the P key to override the warning and proceed anyway.
    • AECL personnel, as well as machine operators, initially did not believe complaints. This was likely due to overconfidence.[1]:428
    • AECL had never tested the Therac-25 with the combination of software and hardware until it was assembled at the hospital.

    So saying something like this:
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Don't blame the change for your own mistakes.​​

    Is like telling the radiologists who worked with the tool "Don't blame this new tool for your own mistakes."

    "You were overconfident. The tool does exactly what it says it does. It shows you an error if there's a problem, it's your fault for not knowing what ERROR 34 is. It's your fault for giving the patient a dose 100 times in excess of what they needed. It's your fault for continuing the procedure and trying to do your job."

    I can keep drawing up examples of how wrong this way of thinking is, selection screens that don't sort by a constantly shifting metric, and the consequences that can arise from having poorly-designed UI. You can keep saying that we're wrong, because just one statement made said it will not be reverted. But it should, and I will keep drawing from that pool of knowledge, every single time a claim like this is made against someone.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))
    
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    At this point I'm not invested in these changes anymore I just find them damn hilarious. I mean...why did this change happen? Were people complaining or something? What was the point? This just seemed like something they did just because. Honestly, I don't care about the change, but I wanna know why was it done?​​
    Post edited by ph0toncann0n on
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

    42 40s, LTSer.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,409 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    In the meantime here's a selection screen that sorts vehicles in the order they were created in.
    2SSIlft.png​​
    Post edited by ph0toncann0n on
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))
    
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Well hold on, can aesica explain why the sorting change caused them to miss Grabs?​​
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Well hold on, can aesica explain why the sorting change caused them to miss Grabs?​​

    Maybe this should have been brought up at first instead of immediately jumping to conclusions?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jennymachx wrote: »
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Well hold on, can aesica explain why the sorting change caused them to miss Grabs?

    Maybe this should have been brought up at first instead of immediately jumping to conclusions?

    To be fair, there is precedent.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,530 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Well hold on, can aesica explain why the sorting change caused them to miss Grabs?​​
    First, a bit of background: Ever since this change, my approach to customs has been "the last character on the list probably still needs to do it, so click them." I mean it makes sense in a vacuum, right? The last character gets bumped to the front, go back to the end of the list, select whoever's there, repeat until the last person on the list already has theirs done. At that point, everybody's done. Sounds nice, practical, and effective...right?

    It works for the most part...right up until the point something (reasons are unimportant) requires me to log on a character that hasn't done them yet because I need to get something else from them. Since I logged them on, they get jumped to the front of the top of the list, right along with everyone else who has done Grab for the week. But one should be easy to remember, yeah? Okay, so turns out it was the wrong character, so I check another, and another, and a few more until I finally find what I was looking for. Now my "who's done it and who hasn't" list is all out of whack. So the next day, I sit down, do more Grabbing, reach the end of the list, and while I remembered having bumped a few who needed it out of line...who were they again? This is where I go back, try to get them all caught up, and...hopefully I didn't forget anyone and...oh wait, yeah I msised a few. GG, 2 month wait incoming.

    So in short, it looks like I need to start spreadsheeting my weekly custom alerts now because there's no longer any [poop emoji here]ing order I can follow when in the past, this was never a problem since nobody switched positions on the list. It was just an easy top-to-bottom, left-to-right order that worked like a charm.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    To be fair, there is precedent.​​
    The precedent is that you always jump to conclusions on the forums. ;) Why change now?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Eh sure, I can see that being an issue. In the future just make sure you do all 3 of your Grabs on that toon before switching over. You don't need anything to do Grabs, and if someone is waiting for a trade, make em wait. You could have avoided this easily.


    Also just a heads up before you waste your time over-reacting and making an elaborate spread sheet or something, another way to deal with this issue ( if you just have to switch toons pre-3/3 ) you don't need anything big. Just open a Text file, type the name of the character who hasn't finished it, and save it. Add names as needed, delete when you finish them on that toon. There you go, kept track of and no need to open Excel.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,530 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    *Grab the Money and Run

    :)

    Hence why I mentioned the 2 month wait.
    Just open a Text file, type the name of the character who hasn't finished it, and save it. Add names as needed, delete when you finish them on that toon. There you go, kept track of and no need to open Excel.​​
    Um yeah, the fact that this change has created the need to do things like this is exactly the problem here.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    aesica wrote: »
    Um yeah, the fact that this change has created the need to do things like this is exactly the problem here.

    This change hasn't created the need to do this, people were already making spread sheets this whole time, remember? Way more elaborate than what we're talking about here. Oh no, a txt file with a few words in it.​​
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    There is an old saying: If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

    Sorting characters was not broken.
    You "fixed" it in a way that makes people think you hate your player base.
    I hate looking for my characters.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    There is an old saying: If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

    Terrible saying. Convinces people that improving things is a bad idea. Leads to stagnation.​​
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 794 Arc User
    "If it ain't broke, break it."

    You're right, that's a big improvement.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    There is an old saying: If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

    Terrible saying. Convinces people that improving things is a bad idea. Leads to stagnation.​​

    Yeah, a saying that has been around for years...Spinny confirms it's a bad.

    For someone who didn't want this change, you sure are fighting your dear sweet heart out, it proves that you argue just to argue.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    For someone who didn't want this change, you sure are fighting your dear sweet heart out, it proves that you argue just to argue.

    What am I fighting exactly? People not doing all 3 Grabs in one go? A noble hill to die on, I proudly take this mantle you have bestowed upon me.
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    "If it ain't broke, break it."

    You're right, that's a big improvement.

    Yep, that's exactly what I said.​​
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    Spinnytop half the topics on this forum are filled with you spamming unhelpful at best, usually petty trolls of anyone who dares to complain about anything in any circumstance.

    If you won't eliminate the behavior for basic human decency after how bluhman effectively demonstrated how distasteful it is, do it for Cryptic's bottom line and survival of the game. It is driving people away.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The real error isn't with considering a change to sorting order. The error is ignoring feedback. There are times (such as balance passes) where it's appropriate to ignore the expressed desires of the players, but QoL is not one of them, because there isn't really an objective standard of quality of life other than asking people.
Sign In or Register to comment.