thecegorachthecegorach Posts: 60 Arc User
Blackhawke (new) Tank
v3.31:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Gunslinger (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Ego: 8, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 21: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Bullet Hail (Wall of Bullets, Extra Bullets, Challenge!)
Level 6: Sharp Shooter
Level 8: Killer Instinct
Level 11: Defiance
Level 14: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Close the Gap, Challenge!)
Level 23: Masterful Dodge
Level 26: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 22/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics
Level 35: Shadow Wings

Specializations
Constitution: Tough (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Deflection (1/3)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
Protector: Exhausting Strikes (1/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Not sure on Specializations, and really don't know what to add for remaining powers. To be honest, it seems like a Muni tank needs Defiance, Bullet Hail, 2GM, a form and an EU, and that's it. I know Cosmics will be different, but so far, in powerhouse testing, I've yet to even use either of the heals....

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    You can skip R3 of Resurgence due to it more likely being over-healing, and I'd pick up Frag Grenade w/ advs. You can maybe get an AO and/or Showdown w/ the threat adv (if you have that power). I'd keep the heals/ADs for harder content, and may even add in Holdout Shot or Mini Mines w/ the heal adv (or Dark Tether w/ heal adv or Soul Vortex if you want another Darkness thing in there). Otherwise, the basics of the build are pretty solid.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    This looks okay for the core of a tank build to me. You're right that cosmics are very different from powerhouse testing, but they're mostly about timing your blocks and attacking to keep threat up, neither of which is hard. The main changes I would suggest are:

-Changing your SS to Str/Con/Dex, so you can take Juggernaut
    -Dropping r3 on Resurgence. Like Flow said, this just results in overhealing, even on a tank.
    -Picking up a source of the Armor Piercing debuff. In addition to debuffing your damage type to help with threat, it also debuffs all the crushing people are throwing at dino during checks. Of the options, I'd recommend Frag Grenade, which has a dot that will tick damage while you're blocking.

For your last four spots, some things that might be helpful to pick up are:

-a single-target stun or interrupt for dog pulling
    -a lunge for Grond puddles
    -an overpower ultimate for dino checks
    -an AO for checks
    -the threat circle, if you find you like it despite the disads

Pro/Guardian is a good spec choice for a tank, tho you might want to take Defensive Expertise over Debilitating & Exhausting in Guardian. You should definitely take Protector Mastery; it's amazing on a tank. You could also consider Warden in place of Guardian, so you can pick up the AoE resistance from Elusive.
  • thecegorachthecegorach Posts: 60 Arc User
    Which ultimates have overpower? I don't see that in any of the descriptions, but I'm tired and probably overlooking something; or maybe I need to unlock some yet.
    Gravity Driver, Crashing Incantation, Mental Impact, and Whirling Dragon Strike all do; I don't think there are any others. For this build, I'd probably pick WDS, since it's a click and has a threat adv. Since you took Close the Gap, I'm assuming you're planning on mostly being in melee anyway.
    edited April 2019
    Catastrophic Pummeling in Brick also can apply Overpower, though I prob wouldn't recommend that, due to the lack of a threat adv and the long channel time to apply the effect.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Updated build plan. Just started leveling this one.

Karl Brodt Tank
    v3.31:32

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Protector (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8)
    Level 6: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Bullet Hail (Wall of Bullets, Extra Bullets, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Sharp Shooter
    Level 8: Defiance
    Level 11: Imbue
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Close the Gap, Challenge!)
    Level 23: Masterful Dodge
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes, Open Wound, Challenge!)
    Level 32: Whirling Dragon Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3, Commanding Presence)
    Level 35: Void Shift
    Level 38: Killer Instinct
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics
    Level 35: Shadow Wings

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Aggression (2/2)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Exhausting Strikes (1/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Was thinking of Rank 2 and Emerging Nightmares for Void Shift.
    You prob still want to move R3 of Resurgence to something else. The fuller build looks pretty strong overall, though you may also want to get Defensive Expertise in Protector, as bringmeaslab mentioned.
    I might not do Imbue for the AO, since as a tank if your HP is low you're probably blocking rather than attacking.
    Oops! Meant to move R3 off of Resurgence. Will look at other changes shortly.
    edited April 2019
    Since I have leftover advantage points, was going to rank up Void Shift. R2/R3, or R2/Emerging Nightmares? Or Emerging Nightmares, and the Two Smoking Barrels adv. on Lock and Load (since I use the lunge a lot)? Is the lunge still useful vs. Cosmics?
    Post edited by thecegorach on
    Well, if you're planning on stunning mobs w/ the lunge, then normal ranks would boost its duration a bit. I prob wouldn't be lunging more than necessary here, though, since the lunge is pretty low dps in of itself.
    Lunges don't have any value for a tank at cosmics; the ones that stun are actively detrimental to use on dogs & red orbs. The only place in the game where they're useful that I'm aware of is placing Grond puddles in TA, so I definitely wouldn't rank them. Emerging Nightmares would be a way to provide fear for Extra Bullets, however, so you might find that helpful for mobs. The Two Smoking Barrels adv, on the other hand, would not be of any help here, if it ever is, since you don't have any melee attacks that you're going to be using frequently.
    Actually, lunges having "no value" at cosmics is a little strong. I do use mine at the start of ape & dino as a quick way to apply challenge, but I wouldn't have one in my build just for that, since you can also just walk up and hit them.
    edited April 2019
    Alright; what would be a good replacement power for the lunge, then? Another AD, like maybe Unbreakable? Something else?
    I'd keep the lunge, unless you don't plan to run TA. Unbreakable isn't a good AD for cosmics since the damage shield gets eaten up so quickly. One power I would try to fit into the build is a single-target stun or interrupt for pulling the dogs at Kiga.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Maybe if you drop the lunge take Soul Vortex?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!