test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character jumble?!?!?

So yesterday after the reset I logged in to get the new costume pieces and my internet connection took a dive and when I logged back in all the characters on all four screens are jumbled and are now showing up in the order they were last used and not creation order.

Anyone know of a fix for this or had it happened to you?

Just wondering, it's kinda annoying.

Thanks,

edit: Nevermind, saw it in the patch notes. That suuuuuuuux, oh well.
"I have never questioned the orders or the intelligence of any representative of the Federation. Until now." - James T. Kirk
Post edited by louisfrienddrn#8375 on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I find it useful, actually, and kind of wish this had been in effect during FoxbatCon. It would have made it easier to remember which toon I was using to gather Foxbat Creds.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seresibylseresibyl Posts: 15 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    I find it useful, actually, and kind of wish this had been in effect during FoxbatCon. It would have made it easier to remember which toon I was using to gather Foxbat Creds.

This is why I find it useful too - I was able to look around for things easier because of it... could tell which I logged into and just go from thje back of the list forward, lol
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    It's a bug and the devs are working on a way to fix it, but apparently it is connected to the same problems that prevent personal magnifiers from working, so likely to stay as is ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Don't forget to post your opinions and feedbacks about this change so DEVs can completely ignore it!
    The playerbase's feedback is REALLY Important for the game's development and they value it! :grimace::grimace::grimace::grimace::grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    avianos wrote: »
    Don't forget to post your opinions and feedbacks about this change

Having done all my STEs today for Vigilance, I'm quite happy with the new sorting method since I was able to do them in whatever order I wanted, rather than following the order they happened to have been in for years. Very good! s( ^ _ ^)=b​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Not something I like but it is something that I'll have to get used to and tell myself to look for the benefits as others apparently have!

giphy.gif
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    It's not the end of the world, but it's annoying. I notice that every time I hop to a new screen it takes noticeably longer for the new screen to load. Starts to add up when one has multiple screens to page through now to find a character. Not clear to me how that increased time to load (= finding the character I want to play) = QoL improvement?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited April 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Not clear to me how that increased time to load (= finding the character I want to play) = QoL improvement?

The characters you use most actively will move closer to page 1. If you generally use 26 or less toons most actively, they'll generally be on the first two pages, so you'll only have to flip between 2 pages to find them. For people who randomly jump between 50+ characters with no clear group of active toons, the previous sorting method was better.

There's also a few other nifty QoL enhancements brought about by the new method, but I've already mentioned them in multiple places.​​
  • Ok I was willing to go along with this but I officially hate this, it was nice knowing where my characters were when I needed to use them, now I have to shuffle around in the screens to find them.

There at least needs to be a sorting option.

Not sure why you guys decided to do this but it appears from what I am reading that the majority are NOT on board with this!

Please give some feedback that you are doing something.

Thanks,
    "I have never questioned the orders or the intelligence of any representative of the Federation. Until now." - James T. Kirk
    barnhouse wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys decided to do this but it appears from what I am reading that the majority are NOT on board with this!

We have no idea if the majority of the community wanted this or not. There are like 10 people who regularly post on the forums.​​
  • louisfrienddrn#8375 louisfrienddrn Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1213013/fc-31-20190403-1-quality-of-life-changes

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1213047/release-notes-4-11-2019/p1

As I said, what I have read there are more against that that are for it even when it was announced people said they did not want this. Not saying or speaking for the majority of the player base. I'm aware that there are some who don't come to the forums.

This is one of those rare opportunities where everyone can be made happy with the result.

There needs to be a sorting option.

Thanks,
    barnhouse wrote: »
    This is one of those rare opportunities where everyone can be made happy with the result.

Wow, never thought I would meet a wishful-thinking idealist on these forums.​​
  • bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I actually really prefer it this way, but I don't have masses of characters.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    Took me a second to realize it's by log-in. I'm good with it, having three pages of heroes and heroines at this point.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    I finally get a screen worth of character up to StE to finish Vigilance and when I log on, on Saturday. They are all over 7 screens. How is this making my quality of game play better. I will admit it may help other players; Those not doing objectives based on character on a specific screen or those with 1-2 screens (If this new method of character order helps you and I did not mention your reason , Sorry). But for me, I have my characters not only sorted by concepts and Super Groups, I have objectives that I play them at in their original order. (Only when farming bind to character stuff do I go to characters on different pages)

If I want to know a character a played before I just mouse over and on the right IT tells me when I last played it.

Please make a way to specify how you sort them.