test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The devs favorite dinosaur

Raptors

It always struck me as odd that the dinosaur costumes are raptor head 1, 2, and 3 instead of something like Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, or Stegosaurus stuff. Monster Island only has raptors too.

Who in the office has a raptor obsession?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PBGUkOtGTs
toronto_raptors_retro_logo.jpg
81yk5khkDaL._SX425_.jpg
toronto-raptors-mascot-rachel-mcadams.jpg
51y215%2B3OzL._SY450_.jpg

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I prefer Triceratops personally, wish we had that as an animal head instead of a banjilion dog ones

There are in general a lot of creatures CO could take advantage of​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    I prefer Triceratops personally, wish we had that as an animal head instead of a banjilion dog ones

There are in general a lot of creatures CO could take advantage of

Would you accept, as a solution to your issue... more dog heads?​​
    edited July 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »

There are in general a lot of creatures CO could take advantage of

Would you accept, as a solution to your issue... more dog heads?
    SIwT1zY.png​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    If we get a Dinosaur Head pack, would that qualify to complain about "oMg AnOtHeR fUrRy cOsTumE pACk, wE WaNT mOrE tIgHTs!"?​​
    edited April 2019
    lezard21 wrote: »
    If we get a Dinosaur Head pack, would that qualify to complain about "oMg AnOtHeR fUrRy cOsTumE pACk, wE WaNT mOrE tIgHTs!"?

Oh yeah we have the snob -no fun allowed in muh niche supahero game- puritans to deal with as well

It's simply, you create a Dinosaur pack and include brand new tights and fancy accessories with it :grimace: Just like the party animal back included brand new hairstyles and top accesories. You want to buy those fancy new tights and accessories? you have to buy the whole pack including the dinosaur heads as well

Whetever, I want a Triceratops so I can make a character based on Extreme Dinosaurs (based on the character's reaction image above), I freaking loved that cartoon as a kid​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure all of those pictures are based on the dinosaurs from Jurassic park (the movie clip certainly is), raptors are about the size of a turkey and had feathers, what those are in fact are deinonychus. The name raptor is used in the book and movie because it sounded cooler. If you like the dinosaur from the movie you actually enjoy deinonychus.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    I want my feathered therapods! :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    T-Rexes are bae. But yeah, more feathered attachments would be nice.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    If we get a Dinosaur Head pack, would that qualify to complain about "oMg AnOtHeR fUrRy cOsTumE pACk, wE WaNT mOrE tIgHTs!"?
    Whetever, I want a Triceratops so I can make a character based on Extreme Dinosaurs (based on the character's reaction image above), I freaking loved that cartoon as a kid​​

personally i liked the cartoon because the dinosaurs were buff af OWO
    To be honest, we don't really have many avian heads in the game, so feathered psuedo-lizards would certainly be a welcome addition to the game! I do enjoy making dinosaur-men quite a bit, but "scientifically-accurate dinosaur people" sounds like a fun idea too. :P
    nice profile picture bro
    edited April 2019
    personally i liked the cartoon because the dinosaurs were buff af OWO
    To be honest, we don't really have many avian heads in the game, so feathered psuedo-lizards would certainly be a welcome addition to the game! I do enjoy making dinosaur-men quite a bit, but "scientifically-accurate dinosaur people" sounds like a fun idea too. :P

I MEAN HECK YEAH SAME DUDE! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)! as well as the Triceratops guys from the TMNT cartoons
    and I'm all in for more Avians and Feathery Scales ingame
    as well as Insectoids and marine creatures
    98e.gif​​
    Recent findings indicate that dinosaurs were fat and covered in feathers u3u​​
    Recent findings indicate that dinosaurs were THICC and covered in feathers u3u
    922.jpg​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Dinosaurs.png
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • or a pissed-off chicken...seriously, those things are vicious, murderous little fuckers if you set them off​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    A Turkey Hen can beak you to death if you try attack her chicks​​
    My chickens are sweethearts don't say such terrible things o3o​​
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    Recent findings indicate that dinosaurs were fat and covered in feathers u3u​​

aCwGx8p.jpg

nice profile picture bro
    My chickens are sweethearts don't say such terrible things o3o

You have Pet Chickens? :O​​
    My chickens are sweethearts don't say such terrible things o3o

You have Pet Chickens? :O

Yes they turn garbage into food for me o3o magical creatures​​
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    If we get a Dinosaur Head pack, would that qualify to complain about "oMg AnOtHeR fUrRy cOsTumE pACk, wE WaNT mOrE tIgHTs!"?​​

hey

my issue wasn't that the Magical Unicorn set was another furry costume pack.

my issue was that it's just more costume parts of stuff we already have

You want a big fluffy tail? We already have 4 previous versions of that in costume packs.

Oh you want some fur on your ankles and wrists? Don't worry, we conveniently forgot that was also in the Rave cosutme set.

There literally was a part called 'Unicorn Horn' prior to the creation of this costume set, I guess another three wouldn't hurt lol.

I'd be all for more dino heads actually. Heck yeah I'd like a triceratops head, or some plated spinosaurus faces, because that's all stuff we don't have existing stand-ins for, at all.
    But honestly I'd like maybe a different human face model before that, or maybe just a few more sliders once in a millennia?
    I mean **** I am so tired of my male characters looking like the exact same bony-faced, cro-magnon-browed, burly, 0% body fat, stone-chiseled-jaw, caucasian motherfucker for the 138th time. Meanwhile don't worry we have about 6+ variants of CANINE FURRY FACE FOR YOU TO EXPLORE AND UTILIZE AND SLAP 5 DIFFERENT TYPES OF DOG OR WOLF EARS ON!!
    dogz.png
    im literally furry and think this is too much furry.

ANYWAYS, To answer the OP:
    The reason it's all Raptors is because Cryptic wanted to reuse the raptor animation sets/model rig about 3000 times instead of modelling any different variation of dinosaur.
    Conveniently the body shape of a Raptor is also somewhat similar to a T-rex and so that's why Teleiosaurus/Mega-Terak also exist and actually use basically the same body shape. Just with a bigger head/everything else.
    Just sort of a shame they applied that same design philosophy to human faces I guess.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    meanwhile...i want a labrador dog head - because having a hero called labrathor with a doberman head is just wrong

but after that...yeah, they need to branch out to other creatures - non-mammalian ones, especially​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    "We've listened to community feedback and found a solution to the issues brought up.

Announcing the Canine Heads Pack, 21 new variations of beast heads! Go get em chamPAWions! We can't wait to see what grrrrrreat suBARKheroes you'll make with these!"​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Topic was about dinosaurs. Peeps talking about furries and non-dino stuff. Typical song and dance.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Topic was about dinosaurs. Peeps talking about furries and non-dino stuff. Typical song and dance.

ur just biased.​​